April 18, 2024, 11:42:46 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Hey there just starting out!  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
Hey there just starting out!
« on: September 19, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »
Looking forward to connecting with some awesome ideas, like minded enthusiasts and all that jazz. My name is Brett me and my mate are currently working on the concept for a manga and ive successfully drawn a first draft of our shounen style action/dark humour/thriller and look forward to sharing it! Would love to connect! Also how do you send images on here from a personal folder?

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
Re: Hey there just starting out!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:11:22 AM »
Welcome :>
Oh that's awesome.
I'd love to see more original page art on here if your that far along yet, or when you are :)
Best of luck with your project!
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »
Welcome yo MangaRaiders Brett!

The way to share art here is to use an image hosting site of some sort (wherever you can get a web link that ends in that image's file type). Then you can generate image tags from the posting window and embed the image directly.

Are you looking to do a general art gallery or a story? We have several gallery boards depending on style and skill level, but if it's a story I would make a topic for it by itself in the Members Manga board.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 11:59:34 PM »
Thanks Kat and Coryn! Can't wait to get it all sorted first chapter of the manga I'm working on (currently un named) is already drafted just need to learn to draw a bit better and get it drawn well ready to send off to the big guys to see what they think! Would love your thoughts on it once I get some pics up!

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 01:09:19 AM »

My apologies for the image rotation I have no idea why pinterest did that! In general I'm just searching for ideas in the shounen category and for powers with peculiar drawbacks especially as I'm creating the story as I go and im really enjoying speed drawing this. Kinda drawing one picture per page a little better than the rest to help me get better with drawing too! Any feedback or anything would be mad appreciated!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 02:56:49 AM »

My apologies for the image rotation I have no idea why pinterest did that! In general I'm just searching for ideas in the shounen category and for powers with peculiar drawbacks especially as I'm creating the story as I go and im really enjoying speed drawing this. Kinda drawing one picture per page a little better than the rest to help me get better with drawing too! Any feedback or anything would be mad appreciated!

Oh nice, these are really good. I can see how much effort you have put in which is wonderful!
You'll find the more and more you do, it just gets easier and easier.
I definitely recommend inking a few panels here and there ASAP. You'll find a inked composition very different to a sketched one and you'll learn even faster if you incorporate that on occasion. (maybe when your doing the full layouts)
Also test all the different styles and processes you can.
Those are really just the main things I would have told myself earlier if I could xD
I think you're doing great! Go hard while you can!
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 10:41:34 AM »
Glad to see you got the images figured out! I would suggest making a topic for yourself on whichever gallery board you feel most comfortable with! I can provide guidance with that too if you want.

Do you have access to a scanner at all? It will help people see the finer details a lot better. I know a lot of people don't have them in their homes as much any more, but local libraries often will have them (personally I scanned a lot of stuff in the school library back in my college days).

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 02:58:32 AM »
Thanks guys im clearly trying to figure out a style and as its a draft alot will be changed!! I have a few nice inked ones ive recently played around with that ill share as well! Im more than happy to chuck them where you think they should go!

No I dont have a scanner so currently im putting them up on pinterest which shows me other artists doing similar things so its kinda a win win in terms of checking out artwork for ideas and such. Yes any help with where they should be posted or any ideas would be incredibly helpful!

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 03:39:55 AM »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 12:38:20 PM »
No worries! Given your skill level and the level of completeness you've shown, I recommend creating a topic on the "Manga Art Gallery" board. You can find it in the Manga Artists section. Our only rule is to keep one topic per board for yourself so people aren't tracking you down all the time.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 07:37:41 AM »
I'm a little late to the party but welcome Brett. Keep up the practice and good work with those drawings! The inked and shaded ones that you shared most recently are pretty good :)

Offline Burettakillins

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 03:04:05 AM »
Thanks guys ill take your advice and I've only probably a month ago got started so I'm keen to show everyone the growth over some time and really lift it off the ground and get a first chapter done!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 06:02:44 AM »
Awesome, yes go for it :D
I love it when people just go for it with their own projects, especially if its a baby project! :) keen to see how you go!
MissKatMilo