March 29, 2024, 07:44:44 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: RIP Miura  (Read 3430 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
RIP Miura
« on: May 20, 2021, 01:34:45 PM »
I seriously just can't with this. Started Beserk when I was a teenager and I sort of assumed I'd eventually finish it.

Great man and absolute legend. My respect and heart goes out to him and this just sucks.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Miura
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 03:46:16 PM »
Yeah, super sad...a legend has left us...

He was so young (54)... he had some sort of rare heart attack by the sounds of it. Hopefully not caused by stress of producing manga or work related, Japanese have very high stress jobs.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Online Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 06:29:29 PM »
The career of a mangaka is not an easy one. With the usual requirement to push out work every week, that typically means tight schedules for everyone involved with little downtime and long hours of grinding. Not only does a mangaka have to conceive and develop a timely story, they also have to draft the art for it as well. That's a lot of pressure every day to meet deadlines. As such, many niche mangas you see often are forced to close their stories early due to lack of interest, or failing to meet the publisher's strict requirements. Mangakas that have a long career in the industry are rare because of this, and Kentaro Miura is one of those rare exceptions. He loved his work, and to see him work for over thirty years is an extraordinary feat by itself. While his stories will never be complete now, his legacy lives on in the memories he's created in those thirty years.

Farewell Miura-san. Your watch has ended.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:46:33 PM »
I am a massive Berserk fan. I'm gutted. No pun intended :(
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 01:16:56 PM »
So sorry to hear about this. Absolutely sucks that he went so young, and I can't imagine the stress of the mangala lifestyle didn't contribute. I'm sure he would be just as sad to seen Berserk go unfinished as any of his fans. Hopefully he left SE notes behind to provide some closure. I know I would be gutted to leave a story unfinished in that way.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »
Yeah I can't really imagine being in a project like that, It must be really tough life isn't guaranteed. For me If I could just manage to get myself in the anime industry/manga industry it would be a dream come true. I don't know if I want to invite people in my life I have things i'm working on so its not that easy. If i'm happy with where i'm at in life than I can allow it. Yeah life is not guaranteed it depends on action and the limited time we have here on earth were going to grow old and die. Money is our only survival, can't really say much about navigating the world. We have our own lives we have to go to work and head back home every single day doing other things also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYM8Lc0wPCc&t

Life is a constant struggle
hiding who's going to coach me now?