April 17, 2024, 09:38:35 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Would anyone like to collaborate on a iyashikei/CGDCT slice-of-life?  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Tenori Tejima

• View Profile
I just got around to watching Bocchi the Rock and I must say, I've garnered a newfound appreciation for these highschool, slice-of-life shows. Probably helps that I have no friends irl, but some scenes really pack a punch, while having enough tact, too --- (unlike that garbage, Watamote)... My favorite scene has to be in ep. 3, where, even tho Bocchi was technically the "MVP" and saved the day, by all accounts, she still slouches, slings the guitar onto her shoulder with a very retreated neck (like a turtle), and says goodbye without being able to make eye contact... That, is oddly realistic. I can almost see myself doing exactly that in that scenario... For lack of better words, this is definitely a very "CloverWorks" anime.

And it had me wondering, maybe I can do these slice-of-life, 4-koma strip comics, too... Maybe there is potential in this genre... Seems less committal than something with a serious story/conflict, atleast. That said, I'm not really that confident on my "wholesome manga" skills, so if anyone wants to collaborate, I'm fine with doing back-up.

As for the niche school club hobby, (Japan has these for some reason), I'm thinking either a club that recreates different breakfasts from all over the world (have to be good at drawing food), or a club that researches antique forks from back in the day (for drawing forks and knives with intricate designs). Or, if possible, a utensil creation club that invents the weirdest dining utensils.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Would anyone like to collaborate on a iyashikei/CGDCT slice-of-life?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 10:17:57 AM »
The 4-koma style is definitely resilient. It's really analogous to western newspaper comics after all, which you can't deny have real legs.

I would argue though that with this format, concentrating on the writing is more important than the art. That being said, what kind of collaboration are you looking for here? Writing help? Art help?

As far as my two cents, I think the breakfast thing has more potential. How far can you really take antique forks or weird eating utensils I wonder?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Tenori Tejima

• View Profile
Re: Would anyone like to collaborate on a iyashikei/CGDCT slice-of-life?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 05:11:00 PM »

That being said, what kind of collaboration are you looking for here? Writing help? Art help?

Screentone, definitely. I can't tone to save my life... Also, an anti-cringe/not funny check would probably be needed.