September 18, 2021, 05:32:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Legends of Ocelot  (Read 1747 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Legends of Ocelot
« on: January 06, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
A story set in the 1600s, the idea being new world exploration. Ships native tribes treasure hunting. A Italian boy and a Aztec girl who's tribe survived the Spanish conquer paths intertwine in an exciting adventure on the high seas and foriegn lands.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Legends of Ocelot
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:16:00 PM »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:28:55 PM by stardustpink »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »
awwww so epicly cute!!!!
I love the story so far, would love to read more!!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 10:59:49 AM »

Halfway through the story now, watch this area.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 03:24:12 PM »
noooo a cliffhanger!!
very tense :)
and great to read the next bit of the story, can't wait for more!
How long does it take to draw a page, by the way? I'm always asking people so I can gauge how well I'm going myself :D

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »
noooo a cliffhanger!!
very tense :)
and great to read the next bit of the story, can't wait for more!
How long does it take to draw a page, by the way? I'm always asking people so I can gauge how well I'm going myself :D

Actually working on it(not sleeping, watching tv etc.), Id say a day give or take? It all depends on the level of detial i reckon,the simplier the style the less time it takes. Swhy so many people use assitants even in the west(someone to pencil, someone else to colour, etc)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 01:40:17 PM »
assistants are certainly very useful to get a lot of work done, but unless you're earning money through the manga or you have another job it's pretty hard to do :P
I certainly wouldn't mind an assistant :D

I've read that some manga artists in the beginning have their parents help them out ehehehe :P

A simpler page is certainly easier to get done, detail really is the killer there. My style is quite sketchy at the moment (well it's practically a draft style), so I can draw pages quite quickly at the cost of quality :P

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 06:30:54 AM »
go grandma, show those thugs who's boss! that was a brilliant scene.

loving the tension and action in this story, keep it up!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »

And thats thee end! Heading into the dawn, new adventures in the new world.

I cant wait to continue this :) The potetional, countries, creatures, clothing of the time. There will be magic mixed in with more real life elements now and then. I was really exicted to work on this out of all my projects right now. As to why I dunno, just, thats how I felt :)

Two issues in a year, I feel good. I really feel like Ive gotten a lot quicker(TRUST me on this XD) and things have gotten easier in some ways(moslty programs) and ive learnt more. Trying to DO it more, regardless. Like your gonna be scared of perfection but, thats self destructive? Better to do summin, anything. Its not easy but its that or the images and stories just saty in your head. Its a contsant battle.

I hope people are just as eagerly waiting to see what happens to Dario and Tayanna too. Feedback is as ever appreciated, I'll keep doing my best.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 02:59:12 AM »
awwwwwww so epic!
lovely ending, I was wondering how long you were planning the story to be, but it's like a teaser for a longer series! would be great to see their adventures continue!

You should indeed feel proud of yourself, you've produced a huge output of manga in a relatively short time! Yup speed is one of those things that you'll gain through experience whether you want it or not! I personally chase after speed like it's the ultimate skill, so I'm massively fast in exchange for not being able to draw ahahaha
we are all proud of you too!!!

and I know not too many people do this (on MR I'm the only one I think?), but you should totally print it out, and stick it on your bookshelf. It feels really cool to hold your own physical work in your hands. Digital just doesn't have the same wow factor.

and yup, perfectionism is a deadly thing. Especially once you realise that perfect doesn't exist you can make good progress on your work without feeling depressed over the tiny errors.

my only critique is the ending phrase "To die would be an awfully big adventure", simply because that's a famous line from Peter Pan, word for word. Would have been nicer to see an original phrase, even if it didn't sound as catchy, like "I wont let myself die that easily!", "I wont die as long as I'm protecting you!", "far better to die free than live cowering in fear!" etc.

love the ending pages montage, it closes the story up neatly without dialogue and sets up a possible season 2 :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:01:50 AM by Suuper-san »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »
Thank you hun :) Yeah I have gotten faster and more productiuve recently, its a good feeling. Trying to gett off my butt and make the stories in my head reality yknow? Easy to talk abut it.

To be fair that was a DELIBERATE quotation :) I liked how it sounded(I love fantasy and have read a lot of the original old classics, as a result I know all the diffrences between them and the more famous adaptions such as Disney). If its not your cup of tea personally though thats fair, everyones allowed there opion. Im glad at least that it conveyed what was going on with no words at the end, thats not always easy to get across.

Glad ya liked it anyway :) I hope to do them regularly becuase, yeah. I just like the feel of it. The general idea for the aura was those Saturday morning cartoons? But with a lil more depth as you see in media these days, even kids cartoons can have such great writing and deal with difficult subjects. Pixar, Owl House, Infinty Train(Personal fave, GREATEST show Ive ever seen)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 02:15:38 AM »
ah ok fair enough if that was a deliberate quote then that's your choice :)
it certainly does have a cool ring to it, but I can't help cynically thinking "yeah but dying isn't actually much of an adventure?" ahahaha :P

Yeah giving form to your ideas can be very rewarding, but often as we gain skill we also gain regrets from how we could have done things better >_<;
So there's always a better piece of work waiting to be worked on next, is how I think of it :P

Oh I sort of get you about that genre, yeah that makes sense, I can sort of see it now. And yeah totally try and keep it regular, that would be awesome!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Zoot Suit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
That was a really nice read! It's a cute dynamic between the characters and the pacing is excellent. I was engaged the whole time and interested in what was going on. Your artstyle is pleasant and you do a good job with the storytelling here. It was an enjoyable read  :D