March 29, 2024, 01:33:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Happy New Year MangaRaiders!!  (Read 3388 times)

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
Happy New Year MangaRaiders!!
« on: December 31, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »

Wishing a very heartfelt happy new year to all MangaRaiders.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year MangaRaiders!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 07:45:01 PM »
I know that the past year has been trying for a lot of people, and so I wish everyone good health and good cheer for the year to come.

I am so happy that I made the decision to re-join the forum and get back into writing and reviewing last year; it was a great remedy for all of the lock-downs... As a result I got to see some of the best ever work being shared by members since I joined back in 2014. So I wish everyone good health and good cheer going into the new year, and I look forward to seeing what this great community will be sharing in the coming months!

Cheers :biggrin:

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:49:41 AM »
Happy New Year!

Nothing really needs to be said for 2020 but you know, it was a year I started needing to find my new direction. Now I'm in college again and it's going to be working towards a thing. Gundam was really my 2020 saviour. I got my first kit in January and that along with the series really got me through the year. You find the right things at the right time.

It is crazy to think of how the different eras of 2020 that feel so long ago. There were times I felt like a pile of trash stuck in my past and so on. Sitting at home getting nostalgic about random points in my life. But I grew as a person still and although I didn't live my life as much as previous years that was just the way things were. So I'm feeling good about where I am and really grateful for all I have.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 12:16:59 PM »
Happy new year everyone!

I know that just because the calendar ticked over that things haven't really changed, but remember that the new year gives us the opportunity to catalog and separate the nightmare that was 2020 in our minds. 2021 will still be hard, yes, but hopefully you can separate things to make them easier to bare. By the end of this year, things will be have changed for the better.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 09:28:36 AM »
Happy New Year all! Not sure how i missed this by a week but  :noidea:

Hope you all achieve your goals and wants for this year. I hope to share far more writing of my own this year and to review my fellow raiders stuff. Have a good one all  :thumbsup:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:32:31 PM »
2020 was certainly a mess, although personally I made the most of it with doing lots of art, it didn't necessarily go great for everyone. And we're not out of the woods as far as Corona goes.

Anyone got plans or resolutions for 2021?
I'm doing a heavy manga project for most of the year so that should make or break me for going pro I think. Other than that I want to kick off some of my own writing projects to turn into manga one-shots and the like.
That and I'd like to gather a bit of a following on social media, but that's possibly something that can wait until I'm better at art, partly just because managing social media takes away a lot of learning art time.
I'm pushing a lot of my projects and regimes back into full blast to crack away at my art skills and fill the gaps that have formed from my crazy workflows.
If I manage to keep up my massive output from December then this year I should double if not triple my entire art experience, which should be enough to push me into being a "good artist"
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!