March 28, 2024, 04:38:06 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: 2020 panel art :>  (Read 4502 times)

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
2020 panel art :>
« on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:02 PM »
These are panels I liked from this years pages I created for my comic :) I stuck em all together!
(I tend to say comic more than manga because I don't understand much Japanese language and grew up with the word "comic" more)  2000 AD was my intro xD

My style is more inspired by old B+W cartoons ._.; oddly enough and then it grew into what it is.

I feel quite proud I have got this far ;u; I started creating pages two years ago- very slowly going through different styles and techniques. (Have drawn and written much longer)
I am far from the level I want to reach for myself but getting there.
My 2021 focus will be learning how to plan/do layouts properly. No matter how well written your work is I find the translation process from words to art incredibly HARD! I brought a book someone recommended me in tutorials thread here, arrived yesterday, will be finished tomorrow!

I struggle a huge amount sharing art. I am also a very private closet artist irl.
I have ZERO professional goals or big dreams so I tend not to branch out much and that is comfortable for me. I see myself quietly working on this for the next 20 years xD
I just want to reach the personal goal. Completion and personal satisfaction.
I am only focused on one project and do not have time for anything else due to a heavily involved day job and my heart not being anywhere else. I am a credit controller and auditor  :bored: yaaaay

Maybe after 20 years and I am done it would be nice to share my processes and help others but, I am struggling even helping myself atm so haha, that can wait.

Can't post links so low quality xD  :thumbsup: but you get the idea. High res are on my DA page if curious at all, I am KatMiLo.

Oh Mikey, the girl with the chest. Yeah, I am a girl and I got tired of other artists saying you cant draw woman like that...so yolo *got even more extra* haaa.  :heart:

[img w[/img]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:17:03 AM by KatDeMilo »
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 panel art :>
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:41:49 PM »
Those are some amazing panels! I'm glad you've shared these with us! It's definitely nerve wracking to share something for the first time, but the more you do it the more comfortable you become.

Mikey gives me real Jessica Rabbit x Betty Boop vibes! You've got some great clothing concepts from what you show here. Do you have any interest in fashion outside of artwork that you draw from? I ask since that seems to be pretty typical among manga artists specifically.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 12:38:11 AM »
Thank you :)
Yeah, it is a lot easier keeping things to yourself. I'm sure once I get better I will feel more comfortable with the sharing.

Mikey gives me real Jessica Rabbit x Betty Boop vibes! You've got some great clothing concepts from what you show here. Do you have any interest in fashion outside of artwork that you draw from? I ask since that seems to be pretty typical among manga artists specifically.

I never thought I did, but now you mention it I am not sure. I do have certain images in my head for characters and will make up weird designs to get it. Mikey is certainly one of the more simple ones for sure. Solid I think, but simple. I don't really create characters anymore since I have a set cast and multiple outfits/looks lined up. I did really enjoy it a LOT! :D
MissKatMilo

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 04:15:15 AM »
These are pretty good.  I'm a bit surprised that you don't want to pursue art professionally especially with making a living on patreon becoming more popular.  Also you will probably make it past 25 posts soon if you keep posting stuff :D

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 02:05:57 PM »
Well let me assure you Kat, that you are plenty good enough to share! You've got a strong style and loads of technical skills from what I can see. Don't think of improvement as an impediment to sharing. The truth is that sharing more often than not will lead to improvement as you get feedback and different points of view about your artwork. All of us are guilty of having a certain mindset about our own work, so letting others break that impression down a little bit leaves us with new avenues to explore!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:39:41 PM »
These are pretty good.  I'm a bit surprised that you don't want to pursue art professionally especially with making a living on patreon becoming more popular.  Also you will probably make it past 25 posts soon if you keep posting stuff :D

Ahh I'm the main income in my house hold and keep the bills paid. Art would be a dream and only a dream to follow, I stretch my free time to the max on it already, can be quite unhealthy at times. I think it's lovely you think that though ;u;
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:50:26 PM by KatDeMilo »
MissKatMilo

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »
Well let me assure you Kat, that you are plenty good enough to share! You've got a strong style and loads of technical skills from what I can see. Don't think of improvement as an impediment to sharing. The truth is that sharing more often than not will lead to improvement as you get feedback and different points of view about your artwork. All of us are guilty of having a certain mindset about our own work, so letting others break that impression down a little bit leaves us with new avenues to explore!

Oh yes, I am a Huge fan of constructive criticism.
Constructive being key word. I am insanely hard on myself as it is, I love it when people can help. Not great at reaching out for it as much as I could.

I got second placing in an illustration competition years ago... Huge international one. The style expected was semi realism by the general public who followed. Got called garbage and worse by half the Internet because I drew my manga/comic style.
As a shy person who had absolutely no experience with attention it sort of shaped me to be quite reclusive.
Anxiety is quite real at times.

I'll get there. Lots to work on in the mean time!
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 10:37:48 PM »
The internet can definitely be sh*t sometimes. MR was founded on the idea that we wouldn't tolerate flaming (an antiquated term at this point, I know). I hope we can help you leave your art posting shell, given time.

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 02:31:15 AM »
The internet can definitely be sh*t sometimes. MR was founded on the idea that we wouldn't tolerate flaming (an antiquated term at this point, I know). I hope we can help you leave your art posting shell, given time.

And that is exactly why I am here :)
I have a lot to fix up, but as I go along I will eventually need more outside help and feedback. I will build up to posting more :D
MissKatMilo

Offline MorganManga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:06 AM »
Give yourself a pat on the back, these are excellent.
I am learning to draw Manga, check out my art here!: https://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,19370.0.html

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »
The art is good. Clean and presentable. Good quality. Cool Japanese western mix. I think people on Webtoon will love it. People are super nice there. I think you said you already posting there.

But the sharing thing. I haven't got any bad experience sharing drawings online (Knock on wood hehe) but still get a bit of anxiety when posting.

The "cant draw woman like that" didn't happen to me personally but. I made a drawing for someone and he was happy with it. Showed it to his friend and the friend gave him the talk. The dude came back and asked me to cover it up and make the knowwhat smaller.   

But yea learning how to plan and layouts, you pretty up there.

Offline BlueJay22

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »
These panels look great! You have such a unique style! You should definitely feel proud because these are very nice. I can relate to your slow process. I'm the same with my creating my stories right now. Anyway, good luck with your future progress. I hope to see more of your work.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
great panels!
very dynamic composition and very neatly drawn :D
good job on all the special effects as well.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »
I haven't really posted much on here.

I'm quite far from this last post.
I worked on another chapter trying to figure out my art more >Things are slow because I rely on my weekends so much to be free.

and the last few months I properly worked on scene writing and layouts for the first time and am now getting around to starting to ink and finish that lot. It will be interesting as since that was my main focus its actually readable for once. Sorta slowly work on one problem at a time when I can. Hobbyist after all :>

Ill be making massive changes in the way I do things, so sorry all I really have is old work and new stuff I cant post. One from the wips though-

Base lines only, no real line weight yet- its pretty clear I like my blacks from previous work xD so much to do on this.

MissKatMilo

Offline ExoGrimz

• Professional Booper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:26 PM »
omg, I love you artstyle so much <3