January 23, 2021, 12:22:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Page sizes?  (Read 495 times)

Offline MARNSOA

• View Profile
Page sizes?
« on: December 01, 2020, 03:36:50 PM »
     Howdy, everyone :))! I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not, so please forgive me. I'm completely new to actually formatting / making manga.

I decided to whip out my ruler and measure some manga that I liked the size of. That way, I would have an idea of what size page to draw on before cropping down. All of the manga that I measured & liked were 5 by 7 1/2 inches, though, and I can't figure out what size paper that would be. The closest I've found is A4, which would crop down to B6, which is around 5 by 7 inches. What type of paper crops down to 5 by 7 1/2 inches? Or am I misunderstanding and doing something wrong?

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
Re: Page sizes?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
A4 paper is bigger than actual manga size but is then shrunk down.
A4: 210 x 297mm or roughly 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches.

If you are super concerned about the size then you can easily order it online.  They also have templates for manga which also include the bleed area

Offline MARNSOA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 04:04:20 PM »
Exactly :)!! I know A4 shrinks down to the B6 size. I'm trying to figure out what paper to order / use to get the specific size 5 x 7 1/2, if it even exists. *A4 just seems to be the closest.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:07:37 PM by MARNSOA »

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 10:24:05 PM »
If it's a small enough project then you can probably invest in a paper trimmer/guillotine and just use regular paper.  Once you have a template size for one then you could cut hundreds in a short amount of time