June 25, 2018, 02:20:58 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Important! Updates on the Collaboration  (Read 30771 times)

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
Important! Updates on the Collaboration
« on: August 16, 2009, 01:04:38 AM »
To the Manga Raiders Community

There is an issue about the current Manga Raiders Anthology (MRA) collaboration that should be discussed. This letter will attempt to provide as much information as necessary to inform all members of the community of the situation and how the situation will be handled.  The current topic concerning this issue will be temporarily locked for the time being.

Tim has officially resigned from the position of editor for the MRA. There was a disagreement concerning ownership of the publication.  Manga Raiders stands firm that the MRA is a project that belongs to the collaborators and should be handled as such that the artists as well as the community receive credit when credit is due. It is understood that Tim was doing all of the work in preparing for the publication but it was suggested that the editing be a community experience many times. Tim has been kind enough to submit all of the work he has done thus far and give us permission to publish that work. We feel, however, that the original plan to have the inking and lettering done by members will be a better experience for the community.

Manga Raiders will be sad at the loss of a great artist and an advanced member of our community. We wish to make it clear that Tim is free to join us at any times and return as a loved and respected member of Manga Raiders.

Rest assured that the project will continue. There will be changes made along the way and this experience has helped us learn greatly. The collaboration project will continue to improve over time and the experience in creating future Manga Raiders Anthologies will become more autonomous with a sturdy foundation set. Before that, there are a few changes that must be implemented for this project to continue.

Instead of having one person in charge of the MRA, the community will be more involved and a committee will be set up to discuss and guide the project. The community will have a chance to gain experience in inking and editing their materials as they see fit or ask for the assistance of other members. We feel that such a system will allow the community of artists to grow as well as bonds of trust to form amongst members. Those participating in the current MRA will be part of  the committee but a few select members of the community will be delegated to help guide the project along. These selected members will be chosen on the basis of several criteria including availability, skills, site activity, and responsibility. There will also be changes made to the many details involved in this project including deadlines.

At this time, Corycaly and Hasith are unable to respond to questions. As they are the Administrators of the website, they will have the official say but I can answer a few questions if you feel you have any until they are available. Hasith and I felt that it was necessary to release a message as soon as possible to avoid confusion and give members a general understanding of what will happen with the project. When they are available, Corycaly and Hasith will provide more information as to the vision and mission of the collaboration project.

Sincerely,
Sai
I'm back~~~

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Re: Important! Updates on the Collaboration
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
Dear Mangaraiders

New update

The Mangaraider Anthology is still going on but there will be some changes in order to make it a team work where mangaraiders will learn:
how to make a collaboration
how to create a book/manga/doujinshi
how to publish it.

Mangaraiders Anthology isn't one's project. It belongs to all the members who take part on it.

In order to make it a team work, we decided that the elaboration of this project will be divided into steps:

The project of each mangaraider will be posted in a special gallery to be reviewed and validated by the other authors and the delegated reviewers: the author will correct the mistakes thanks to it.
Once the project is validated by the delegated members, the author won't be able to correct it.
If the author needs help to ink (only for members who don't have the skills or tools): he will send the final project, once it was validated by the  delegated reviewers, to the Ink volunteer.
The validated inked project will be send to the Final reviewer, who will send it to the  lay out responsable.
Once the anthology is put into form, it will be posted : the reviewers comitee and delegated comitee will validate it. Once validated, the publishing responsable will send it to be printed.

There are tasks and we will need delegate members to take them.

First things first:The delegated members aren't the project owners: they are reliable people with time who will take turn putting the project in form. For example; one can be a delegated member for an anthology but can refuse if he has no time for another anthology. Every mangaraider can be a delegated member.

Here is the list of the delegate members we will need!

Peers Reviewers: mangaraiders who will give advice on the authors project. Authors who make a story for the anthology will be peers reviewers.

Delegated reviewers: The lay out and publishing team, calendar responsable, plus THREE mangaraiders (they can be authors, they can be members who don't draw/write for the anthology) will be delegated reviewers. This way you can take part on the project even if you don't have drawing writing skills. Their goal is to give advice on the posted projects and to validate them.
One of three mangaraiders will be the Final reviewer: he will be responsible for the calendar role: keeping deadlines, keeping tracks of the authors project;

Ink responsable: a member with inking skills who will help the authors who don't have skills or tools to ink their project.

Lay out responsable: a member who will put together the anthology: structure and design.

Publishing responsable: a mangaraider who will be send the anthology to the printer.
The publishing tasks and roles aren't not our first priority, they will be cleared up later.

You would like to help us? List the skills you could use for the project and the tasks you could take for the first anthology. Hasith and me will post then who will make what.

Thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:07:45 AM by Corycaly »

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
As you might have guessed by now, I will be involved with the project again. The major difference with the project is that it will be more focused on a community effort instead of having one person claim responsibility over it. In this topic, you will find the information regarding this matter.

For an explanation of the book layout, see here:

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2049.0

In that link, you will see that we're expanding the number of authors working on the Manga Raiders Anthology (MRA). Because of the new artwork to be added, we'll be extending the deadline again. Writers are now being offered a chance to collaborate with an artist to produce a 1 page manga of their own.

Information regarding the 1 page submissions can be found here:

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2052.0

Along with the 1 page comics, we'll also be accepting artwork for pinup pages. Another work we'll be needing is a full color front cover to be used for the anthology.

The deadline will be extended to October 1 for the new artwork to be completed.

We sincerely hope discussion of the project will begin again and hope to hear from everyone soon!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:25:20 PM by saihawkeye »
I'm back~~~

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »
The deadline is coming!

So far we have 39 pages ready.

We now need drawings!

Every member who has posted pictures in our starter or artists gallery can have his art printed in the anthology!
You can use an old drawing or a new one made for the anthology.
Post the picture you'd like to see published in the anthology gallery there so we can choose them!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2177.new#new

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
Alrighty folks, today is the last day we have to work on any major submissions to the project! Wrap up any events that you need to get finished and we'll be waiting for final submissions.

I'll post my manga as soon as I finish work and get my midterm paper prepared for tomorrow. I can't wait to start putting this together! =)
I'm back~~~

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »
No one pages story?
I thought some of them were in project but we have received nothing so far.

The intro/thanks pages are done and the authors page is in progress.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »
Strangely enough, many of the people that were interested in doing the 1 page stories weren't active after showing interest.
I'm back~~~

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »
well ill apologize for that then. i got too swept up in the MRM to work on the anthology

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
I know you've been busy with the MRM. I was referring more to Maxite, Waseeq, and some other person.
I'm back~~~

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »
As Sai said, many members said they would make one page story but we received none so far.

We thought it would be great for everybody to take part to the anthology. Although the Mangaraiders manga might become the second issue of the anthology, it would have been good to focus on the first anthology.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
agreed, my pens  been itching to do some stories....but now its too late T.T even if I get a story now, it wont be doen in time...T.T

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
I guess we need to take little time and see whats going on writers section. I mean we need to see how many writers we have and if they are writers then what are their stories. Also why none of them could make a simple one page story ?

Anyway no time for that now. Need to get Anthology done first.

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
Once we have the first issue sorted out, we will analyse it to find out how to make it better.

When this time has come, we will need you to understand it and find solutions.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
oh i can tell you how many active writers we have. me and dawood.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
I had received a pm by Akiba for a one page story but no answer and no news.
What about you, Coryn? Why didn't you make a one page story?