December 05, 2020, 12:39:23 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sycrids SEO Tutorials: Part 1  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Sycrid

• Hmmm flesh... *Chomp, Chomp, Chomp*
    • View Profile
Sycrids SEO Tutorials: Part 1
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »
Hiya guys  :D,

I started typing up this information for my self to help re-enforce my knowledge, so I figured it would be a bit of help for you guys out there, if you wish to read on, if not, then I dont mind and have a nice time where ever you do venture off to.

Be warned these are not precise guidelines and only the information that I am aware of. If you have any additions on specified sub-subject areas that I mention, then by all means add the information or PM me and I will update the topic.

Here we go!
============================================
====================>SYCRID TUTORIALS<======================
============================================
http://www.dynamicexposure.com

What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the ability to optimise your website so that it ranks/places higher within search results than it previously did. For example if your website is currently positioned 19th in Google for a good search, you may want to improve that to 1st, but how do you do it? This is where Search Engine Optimisation comes in, because through using Search Engine Optimisation techniques, you may highlight ideas and theories you where either not aware of, or have yet to perform to your website.

Will Search Engine Optimisation work on my website?
Search Engine Optimisation will work on any website, and it is likely that if you are reading this, and asking “will Search Engine Optimisation work on my website”, then the impact will be bigger rather than smaller for your developments.

Any website on the internet can be optimised to improve its rankings, however this does not mean very much may be done, it depends on who is above you in the search and what you have done previously to search engine optimise your website, so keep that in mind as you read on.

Search Engine Optimisation and Keyword Density
Keyword density plays a good part in Search Engine Optimisation, because as spiders and bots crawl through your website pages they will take note of the most frequently used words, terminology and names, which will then depend on how relevant your page is to searches that are performed by that search engine.

It is not rare to find website pages that have a keyword density of 10% but I have found that more often than not, a percentage of about 5% is common. The percentage is worked out via a calculation, the amount of times your keyword or phrase appears on the page, divided by the amount of words that appear on the page and then multiplied by 100, to result in your keyword density percentage.

Things that you should take into consideration with keyword density are, what keywords should be appearing on your webpage? Try looking at your title and thinking of 3 keywords that should appear in relation to the title, then try and rewrite your article so that the keywords will appear more frequently within your article, thus resulting in improved Search Engine Optimisation via Keyword Density.

Check your keyword density here, http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

Search Engine Optimisation and hyperlinks
First of all, if you are going to through hyperlinks in all over the place, get the links correct. I’ve seen way too many websites whilst on my adventures throughout the internet, which place a link and when you click on it, it will take you through to that external link within the same page. People, users and readers, if you want some one to go to your website, then why send them away as soon as they arrive?

Rather choose the better option of allowing them to follow the link you have but into a new window or tab, it’s very simple and very effective. The code is below, where the target=”_blank” refers to opening a new window/tab.

<a href=”websiteaddress” target=”_blank”>website name</a>

Now on to how links affect your websites Search Engine Optimisation. Key rules are as follows, if you have a link related to your websites subject, then fantastic because it is likely going to be using those select words that you have as “keywords” (read keyword density), and as a result if you place the link, name the link and also add a title to the link, then a spider or robot, will see that keyword three times as much.

Coded example:
<a href=www.seoprofessor.co.uk” title=”SEO Professor 1”> SEO Professor 2</a>

As you can see the address has two words within it (SEO + Professor), I have now titled the link with SEO Professor, so if you hover over it you will see exactly that as a title “SEO Professor 1”, then you also have how the hyperlink will appear in your webpage in this case “SEO Professor 2”. The numbers have only been used for guidance points.

===============
http://www.dynamicexposure.com
===============
End of part  :exclaim:
Hope you enjoyed and found useful.   :-\
Sycrid xXx  :devil:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:27:13 PM by Sycrid »