August 18, 2018, 03:36:56 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: AMV CHALLENGE NUMBER 2!!  (Read 5463 times)

dawood

Re: AMV CHALLENGE NUMBER 2!!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »
why is there only one judge.. i think the suitable solution would be either 3 judges to eliminate bias or allow there to be a poll which allow everyone to choose their personal favs... that way you get more people involed... right now you've only directed it as those people who know how to make amvs most of which seem to not want to be apart of this contest... lol

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »
why is there only one judge.. i think the suitable solution would be either 3 judges to eliminate bias or allow there to be a poll which allow everyone to choose their personal favs... that way you get more people involed... right now you've only directed it as those people who know how to make amvs most of which seem to not want to be apart of this contest... lol

yeah, Dawood, i think there should be another judge... (you lol sense your pretty honest or straight forward n other areas on MR...)

also you just gave me an idea about the poll... how about the next one we say who is going to enter (like in the first one) but put the user name on the poll... or a number? sorry i could not put my idea into words.  :Embarrassed:

oh yeah! and i think i will wit to post mine for the next one. sense it would go along better.
lol kite wins!!!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
well problem is most who care participate. and we cant have participants being judges. as for polls we dont know who voted and people will probably vote for themselves.  and  frankly i think im a pretty fair judge. i guess you just have to trust me that im not bias. i give everyone a fair chance. sorry if this sounds selfish but i just dont know a good fair way to have extra judges. im all ears though.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

dawood

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
i think you aren't bias... but sometimes i just think things like these need a bit more planning.. for example what EXACTLY you are judging them on what are the criteria to define one better than another...  for example as a judge you should have certain things you are looking out for and then rate them by how good they are ( i think that's what hannah was trying to get at.. if so she can take the credit for the idea..lol)  f there was only one judge it would relate on personal judgement.. however if there were more than one you could tally the results of the ratings

also we shold try to encourage newbies to participate.. lol

but .. i just wanna clarify i don't wanna be judge... have one of the moderators judge with ya or tim... lol

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 10:54:03 PM »
well then. Tim, Hasith, Co. if you want to judge pm me. but if you want to know what im judging ill tell you. biggest thing is timing. was the song just laid on top or was some effort put in to having video and music flow together. second thing i judge is appropriate the song is in comparison with the material. after that i look at how well the material used fits the topic. if the amv is about sadness and crying when the topic is kick ass fights im going to have some issues. from there i go to video and audio quality. if the video is HD and song was recorded from radio with cell phone you get the idea and vice versa. also look at how original the video editing is. basically did they just copy paste an episode or did they do some editing from several different episodes. length is issue as well. a minute long vid wont do was well but neither will one thats 10 minutes long. well i think that covers what i look at. and anyone who wants to participate is welcome.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »
Oh, this is Coryn's contest, he has every right to judge as he sees fit. He has also laid out what aspects of the amv he is basing his judgment on, so there's no secret about it.

I don't see any problem at all, you're doing a great job with this, Coryn.

I'm going to make a video for this contest, even if it's after the contest is over :-) I'm working on it right now...

Keep it up, Coryn, this is a really nice addition to the mangaraiders forum.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 04:36:35 AM »
Gee, I think I beat the deadline :-)

Mine is a Shinku (Rozen Maiden) tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_KuDxhOFU

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
thanks for the support tim and good video! and yes you made it with plenty of time challenge is still open for 3 more days counting today.

dawood

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

i hope you don't think i was having a dig at you coryn...i apologise if it seemed that way... that was never my intention... i was just giving a suggestion...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »
its cool

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:48 PM »
really cool song tim!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
The song is the full version of Rozen Maiden season one opening... it still haunts me... it's upbeat, but classical and just has an air of spookiness to it for some reason :-) It's by Ali Project, called 'Kinjirareta Asobi' (The Forbidden Game)

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »
i think the season 2 opener is creepier

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
It's Ali Project too, all their music is pretty creepy to me... the blending of classical and rock, but the odd progressions and rhythm changes... plus, the singer's voice, though sweet, has a sense of the demonic to me... I don't listen to a lot of OST, but I do love all the RM stuff. There are some good backup songs on the ost's too. Especially creepy is Utsutsu no Yume on the Traumend ED cd...