December 02, 2020, 03:38:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Some of my recent art :))) Open to Criticism!! I want to really get better!!!  (Read 212 times)

Offline Krurisuchristina

• View Profile
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
Hi there! So nice to see your artworks~ I don't critique that often (not very good at it), but I'll try to give you some feedback. And if you think it's not helpful, feel free to disregard, I don't mind ^^

First off, just want to say your backgrounds are so prettyyyy! All so different and give me different senses of atmosphere. Really like the colours on your characters as well. Do you have stories for them?

I have a couple pointers for upper bodies (yes, every artist's nemesis - anatomy!) You seem to have a good grasp of where the neck and arms are in relation to the torso. I would just have the collarbone lead more towards the shoulders and the lines on the neck point towards the center of the collarbone. I drew a little example to illustrate this:

Spoiler
This is how I usually go about it. You can see that the parts are connected to each other in some way.
Let me know if that didn't make sense ^^; It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed. Just enough to give a more defined idea of the figure. This is something I learned recently myself. Hope it helped!

Also, if you wanted an opinion on any specific part of your art, I'd be happy to help out c:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
Hey nice drawings, the colors you use in the backgrounds are really cool!
As for Criticism,  i gotta say that your characters looks a bit stiff, i suggest you to go for gesture drawing, after some practice, i'm sure you will improve a lot.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:34:35 PM by Notívago »

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
I like how you handle with the backgrounds and how you put your characters in them so they fit really nice - I think it's mostly thanks to lightning and shading - really nice work :)
And as others said, try to focus a bit more on your characters's bodies - try to make them look more natural in case of movement and anatomy. Drawing a lot of poses from photos and studying what makes them look so appealing can be very helpful.
Keep up the good work :).

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
First one and the girl in the rainy city are my favourite. Great sense of colour and emotion in your pieces! Love them.

And definitely stealing that tip Echo haha