December 05, 2020, 06:25:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: another world [story idea]  (Read 221 times)

Offline cosmbin

• View Profile
another world [story idea]
« on: October 20, 2020, 12:39:09 AM »
anime\manga and real life crossover

what if anime characters are real and just belong to another universe? (yea parallel universe theory) but these universe have crossovers which most of us assumes to be a dream, unlike these two. Slowly two people from these universe starts to realize what's going on after they meet each other and these dreams starts getting too realistic.

i know this might be a common idea but i'm positive about working on this idea. so can you guys please tell me if the plot is intresting and few advices about this story?

thank you!
@cosmbin wp

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: another world [story idea]
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 02:42:12 AM »
This instantly harkens back to the ideas of live-action/animated crossover movies such as Space Jam or Who Framed Roger Rabbit, or for a similar anime instance Re:Creators. Fictional characters coming into the real world, which basically fall under the subgenre of isekai, or rather reverse isekai for this matter.

It is totally possible for your idea to take shape, but whether it is a good story or not depends entirely on your execution. There have been plenty of ideas done in the past, and if you look deep and far enough, you'll find plenty of other works similar to yours. The trick is to develop something that shows your own voice at work.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 05:20:18 AM »
Heya cosmbin, welcome to MR!

Another example of this I can think of is the Marvel 1985 comic series from back in 2008 (where a boy starts warping reality and pulling heroes and villains from his marvel comic books into his universe), or sort of Marvel's Avengers & New Avengers run into Secret Wars (where the marvel multiverse is collapsing and the main marvel universe ends up in direct contact with the Ultimate universe (the one closest to the cinematic universe)). But I can't think of any better than the examples Operative13 brought up... Maybe the Fate series?

Your idea is basically reverse-isekai as they said.

Anyways, I think the hardest thing from a writing perspective will be to make the distinction between "real" characters and "fictional" characters, as to readers they are essentially all fictional! The other thing to consider is that you do not have property rights to any actual manga/anime characters... so if you don't want this to just be a fan-fiction, you will have to essentially create your own original "fictional" manga and anime inside this fictional "real" world in your story. I have seen this done well in other ways however, particularly in slightly meta series like Tiger & Bunny and The Boys. But basically, for this kind of thing to work, readers have to care about the "fictional" characters and their stories (or the circumstances surrounding them) as much as the "real-world" characters in your story.

At the moment, the plot you have is very vague. You can either just move straight into writing and see where this broad potential takes your story, or you can work out a more solid plan before you start.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:22:06 AM by NO1SY »

Offline jollymaestro

• Magistrate of Christmas Cheer
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:45:56 PM »
It definitely has potential and even though it's been done before there's plenty of room to dramatize other aspects of the relationship between fictional worlds and how characters interact with them. I say go with it and see where it takes you concretely.

Welcome to MR!