December 05, 2020, 06:28:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: CAIRLANN - Coming Soon  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
CAIRLANN - Coming Soon
« on: August 29, 2020, 04:08:28 AM »

Prince Kalland had dreamt of becoming the righteous ruler his stories always told of, just like his father one day. Yet little did he know that day would come sooner than expected.

Suddenly thrust into the role of Cairlann’s new king, Kalland must contend with his newfound duties as great turmoil ravages the land and dark machinations work behind veiled shadows to overthrow him. Yet how can a young boy hope to overcome such trials when he is in charge of the very regime responsible for the kingdom’s suffering?

Kalland would never guess that he’d entrust his fate and the fate of the entire realm to a stranger: a pauper boy named Edmund.

Story Description
A young, innocent prince must work to right the wrongs of his dead father, as forces from both within and without threaten to tear his kingdom apart, with the help of a young pauper.

This epic fantasy retelling of Mark Twain’s literary classic “The Prince and the Pauper” explores the meaning of coming-of-age through the clashing ideas of innocence and corruption, reality and idealism through the eyes of two young boys of different social status.

Genre: Epic Fantasy
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:09:27 PM by Operative13 »
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: CAIRLANN - Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 04:08:46 AM »
Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since I last posted here, but I’ve been busy behind the scenes working on a new project in the making! Although the story is not ready for viewing (yet), the project has developed far enough that I feel comfortable sharing with you all the grand and exciting World of Cairlann!

I'll be posting updates about the project every Sunday with some juicy details about the worldbuilding for Cairlann (just as I once did for the treasure trove I had here) and answer any questions you may have about this upcoming story.

If you want to keep up to date with the process and receive a free copy of the book on release, PM me with your email and I'll get you added on my list!

Happy Writing! - Op

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 12:02:19 AM »
It starts with a simple idea.

The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain

As the saying goes: Good Artists Copy. Great Artists Steal. If I want to become a good writer, a good starting point would be to take from the greatest minds and make it your own. In this case, I settled on Mark Twain's "The Prince and the Pauper" as my foundation. The classic tale of two look-a-likes drew me in its intriguing idea of two young boys from two different worlds abruptly switching places and confronting the challenges of the other's daily life.

However, I became disappointed at the rather shallow exploration of the novel's core theme: to be in another's shoes. The intricacies of court politics, the realities of everyday life, much of it merely glossed over or outright ignored. The worst offense would be the lack of development between Edward Tudor and Tom Canty. Twain's novel was merely a glimpse into the idea of the "switcheroo" concept, something to tickle one's thoughts than to be a full-course dinner of complex meaning and interpretations. That is where I sought to push the idea further with my unique flairs.

Pulling from my experiences with combining seemingly unrelated ideas and years of worldbuilding across multiple universes, and paired with extensive knowledge of world history and cultures, I could turn this small-time classic into an epic fantasy fit for a king! The question then remained: what would I change?

Some things were certain. I was interested in the bigger picture. I wanted to see the world at play and not completely dependent on the characters on stage. I wanted to see a living, breathing world teeming with life; a world bristling with grand adventures and extraordinary settings beyond imagination. As it so happened, I recently became interested in the Three Kingdoms period thanks to a certain game (Total War: Three Kingdoms). The characters of the Tyrant Dong Zhuo and his protege Lu Bu, alongside the Yellow Turban Rebellion that led to their rise to power deeply intrigued me. A noble, righteous cause fought by people of good intentions became the very spark that brought suffering upon the land. Thus, I settled on adding them to the story idea. Their inclusions led them to become the central conflict that propels the Prince and the Pauper to the level I longed sought: fully-realized characters.

Lu Bu (Left with Spear) and Dong Zhuo (Right on Horseback)

Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu would see their inclusion into Cairlann as Kalland's tyrant father King Kallus and Kalland's bodyguard Ghenry, respectively. The Yellow Turban Rebellion would also see their entry as the primary antagonists for the story as the aptly-named White Band Rebellion.

Borromean Rings of the White Band Rebellion

Yet work must still be done. The premise has been set, but the story lacks direction. Many things must be considered before Cairlann can become its own world. What are its goals? What themes must it impart? What thoughts or emotions must it invoke? All these questions and many more are considered as the story of Cairlann continues development.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:04:26 AM by Operative13 »

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 06:46:10 AM »
Filling the Void

Yellow Turban Rebels besieging a Han-controlled city

Perhaps one of the most crucial part of any story is tension. What drives the tension in a story's conflict? Without tension, there is no sense of urgency, and without urgency, there is no threat. Every story is based on a conflict of some sorts, whether it'd be internalized by the characters, a tangible threat, or an obstacle to overcome.

It is important to consider all points of conflict in one's story. In this case, I opted to use the White Band Rebellion as the initial point of incident for Cairlann's conflict. Believing the Crown's regime to be wholly corrupt and immoral, the White Banders remain a constant threat to Kalland's rule, plotting against the Royal House and those who support them. However, the Rebels are not the only threats Prince Kalland must worry for.

Witenagemot, an Anglo-Saxon royal court in the Early Middle Ages

Just as with any real-life country, external threats from the across the border must be kept in line through constant vigilance and diplomacy, in the form of hostile kingdoms and barbarian hordes. Internal politics are also another consideration. After all, if I am to stay true to reality, I must emanate reality in my work. While many would like to believe kings during the Medieval Period were all-powerful and absolute, it is easy to forget that these same kings rose up during a time when feudalism was widespread. Feudalism by its very nature is decentralized, with many lords wielding power over their fiefs given to them by their king. The king relies on these same lords to provide wealth and security for the realm, and going against these lords posed a great risk to his rule. A certain balance, therefore, must be maintained between the Crown's power and the Lords' favor. This comes into play in Cairlann as the 12 Great Noble Houses that strive to further their grip on power within the Royal Courts.

Prince Kalland must contend with the multitude of issues that plague the kingdom, especially as the legacy his father left upon his death brought ruin to the land in the Crown's years-long war against the White Band Rebellion. Yet how could a young boy hope to piece together his fractured realm when he is threatened on all sides by enemies both internal and external?

Perhaps his fateful meeting with a young pauper could be the answer...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:48:14 AM by Operative13 »

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 08:46:22 PM »
Two Worlds Collide

The Prince Kalland and the Pauper Edmund

The two would-be heroes of Cairlann Prince Kalland and Edmund Candor at first seem like unlikely allies.

Kalland is destined to lead a Realm of over a million souls in a time of great unrest. He lives a privileged life in a castle where servants cater to his every need, riches beyond what any commoner would know what to do with, and a vast collection of knowledge tucked away in the private library. Yet Kalland has lived within the secluded bubble of his keep for his entire life. His father, King Kallus, never took interest in raising his son and preferred to occupy his time hosting lavish parties and social gatherings while avoiding his duties as king. Instead, Lord Kelvan, Kalland's half-uncle, would serve both as the Realm's de-facto leader and Kalland's father figure. On the other hand, Queen Cecilia opted to raise Kalland personally, giving him all the love and attention Kallus never did. Despite having servants on hand to raise Kalland, Cecilia's warm, gentle heart compelled her to carry out these menial tasks herself. She would tell stories of epic heroes who conquered evil, great rulers who fought for their people, and the simple love and care of everyday commoners. Kalland would grow up taking to heart the very ideas her stories taught into his daily life, even after her untimely demise. Yet Kalland knows too well that his inexperience in the kingdom's matters prevents him from realizing his dreams. He turns to his Royal Council, comprised of the most loyal and experienced lords and servants, to advise him on matters of the Crown. However, some within the Council do not have the Prince's best interests in mind...

Edmund has nothing but the prospect of a hard life ahead of him. His father left him at an early age to join the White Band Rebellion, leaving his weary mother Klara to care for him on her own. She soon remarried to a soldier in the Royal Army named Jerry Candor, in which the couple later had two twin daughters. However, when Jerry was dishonorably discharged from the Royal Army for belligerent drunkenness, things took a turn for the worse. Jerry's attitude became increasingly abusive towards his family, especially towards Edmund, who he sees as an undisciplined troublemaker. Klara, who once was a caring and hardworking soul, began to withdraw and became distant to Edmund. Each day, Klara would devote more and more time to her younger daughters than her restless older son, who often bore the brunt of Jerry's violence in her place. To escape from his broken home, Edmund would find refuge with his three friends Tim, Cree, and Macy. Together they made up a wily gang of thieves that would stalk the open stalls regularly, looking for anything that would satiate their growing hunger. Edmund, with his pride and arrogance, would become the ruler of his own little kingdom between the four, all built upon the stories that his caretaker, a priest named Atkins, would tell. Father Atkins served as a local priest in the Capital, and would always give shelter and company to the young Edmund whenever he ran away from home. Atkins would teach Edmund how to read and write from the many stories he had in the church's collection, and it was then that Edmund began to form his early views on the world. When Edmund stumbled upon the revelation that Atkins was not a priest, but a spymaster for the White Band Rebellion, Edmund became committed to learning all there was to the craft, believing that life won't change for the better until he took matters into his own hands. Yet Atkins remains adamant that Edmund stays out of the White Band for the risk it poses to his life and those close to him. While Edmund might listen to Atkins's words, for now, Edmund's spirit grows restless. How much longer can Edmund stand before his frustration with the world overcomes him?

Two worlds. Two different ideas. From the outset, it would seem unlikely that these two characters could ever meet. Yet one fateful day caused by a single spur-of-the-moment would propel these two to become the best of friends, as they place their faith in one another to stay alive in an intricate web of conspiracy and betrayal.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:05:46 PM by Operative13 »

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:35:55 PM »
Ah, all of the Op13 staples. Political intrigue, spies, world building, and kingdoms  :clapping:

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
A welcome return from an old veteran, I dare say. There's more to come soon!  ;)

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 07:09:13 PM »
House Bareth

The Banner of House Bareth

The Great House of Bareth controls the vast eastern hills in the city of Grennhal and serves as Cairlann's link to their seafaring neighbor, Vermaris. They bear the swan as their animal symbol, reserved only for members of the House. House Bareth was once a royal house ruling the Kingdom of Vermaris east of Cairlann before Cairlann’s Wars of Expansion engulfed it. House Bareth has since lost its coastal territories to the east as remnants of Vermaris had split from House Bareth’s rule shortly following their surrender. It has been a great many years since they have fallen from grace, but House Bareth still remains strong, and the Barethians are eager to reclaim their rightful place on the throne and become the empire they were meant to be. Queen Cecilia’s marriage to King Kallus and the birth of Prince Kalland had ensured House Bareth’s claim to the Cairlannder throne, although other Noble Houses loyal to the ruling Calicus Family are wary of Barethian ambition. House Bareth’s renewed ascension to power is near. They have grown strong since their shameful defeat at the hands of Cairlann, and have become close allies to the ruling House Calicus thanks to House Bareth's many exploits during the Wars of Expansion. The Crown sits right before them, but patience is needed if they wish to reclaim what was long lost. Soon they will take their ambitions to the heart of Cairlann, and the world beyond.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 10:53:45 AM by Operative13 »

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »
Reverend Rae Aktins
Priest in Cairlann and Grand Spymaster of the White Brotherhood

Rae Atkins in his priest garbs

During the early days of the White Band Rebellion's formation, the need for covert agents to infiltrate the Crown's rank became woefully apparent against the increasing threat of Cairlann's newly-formed Inquisition, who themselves hid among the populace and committed nefarious plots against them. Assassinations, sabotage, kidnapping, and the staple massacres of King Kallus's tyrannical rule threatened to shatter the rebellion before it could pose a legitimate threat. An amalgamation of scholars, spiritual leaders, veterans, and wealthy merchants, all composed of the best and brightest minds of the White Band, came together to form the rebellion's own espionage wing: the White Brotherhood.

The White Brotherhood soon became essential to the war effort against the Crown's forces. As the White Band had formed from independent pockets of like-minded dissidents of the Crown, coordination between these different groups across Cairlann's vast realm was lackluster at best. With a formalized network of spies and informants scattered across the lands, messages could now be seamlessly passed between isolated cells without direct contact, both hampering the Inquisition's ability to surveil their movements while strengthening the White Band's own. Yet this was not the only job of the White Brotherhood.

Eventually, the organization would follow the same path that the same Inquisition they were created to oppose committed. It first began with the assassinations of high-ranking officers and government officials to hamper the Crown's control in the Brotherhood's areas of operation. It then expanded into other nefarious acts, ranging from intimidation and extortion of Crown supporters, to the same murders and kidnappings of noble family members that the Inquisition had been doing years before. Rae Atkins would become part of that drastic change in the White Brotherhood's role as one of the many spymasters sworn into its ranks.

Before his induction into the Brotherhood, Rae Atkins worked as a merchant connected to powerful nobles and bureaucrats in Cairlann. When the Great Famine came and ravaged the lands, Atkins devoted his craft to organizing relief for the poor and unfortunate. However, he became disillusioned at the inaction by the Crown to save his people, and when the White Band Rebellion broke out, Atkins offered his services for the cause. At first, Atkins served as little more than an informant, but as King Kallus began to crack down on dissidents and brutal suppression became the norm, Atkins feared for his family and left without a single word. He trained to become a spy for the White Band Rebellion under its newly formed wing, the White Brotherhood, before working his way to becoming the Grandmaster for the White Brotherhood in the Capital. Atkins is a humble man with few words. He tells tales and teaches the young Edmund Candor of the ways of the White Band, but he does not carry himself as overzealous like the rest of the White Banders would.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:00:25 AM by Operative13 »

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 10:03:04 PM »
Lord Kelvan of House Calicus
Commander of the Royal Army and Lord Regent of Cairlann

Lord Kelvan in his signature gambeson

King Kastis the Great was not always Great. Although he was celebrated in Cairlann as a hero for his conquest of Felwin and victories against Myseros that saw the end of the Wars of Expansion, he too had his own vices. Unknown to the general public, King Kastis was a polygamous man who had no shame in inviting women to his chambers, both noble and commoner alike. His actions shamed both the Church and the Old Houses of Calicus and Kyrie, yet because he was revered as a hero, they stilled their lips and kept silent about his sinful desires. This was happening even as he was marrying Merryn of House Kyrie, the same house his mother Queen Annriene hailed from. From the beginning, tension flared between the two. Merryn, who was a devout follower of the One Faith and an Ultraconversative much like her House, disapproved of Kastis’s behavior, even as she bore her one and only son, Kallus. It shocked her still that Queen Annriene, who supposedly was Merryn’s godmother, stayed silent through it all.

Eventually, Kastis’s escapades soon threatened their very marriage when Kastis became infatuated with one of the young servant girls named Elenie. Unlike his usual nights, Kastis had suddenly lost interest in other women and became obsessed with claiming her as his own wife. Kastis was already more than twice her age, but that didn’t stop him from courting her. Eventually, the two bedded, and when Elenie became pregnant with Kastis’s son, Kastis asserted that he would make Elenie his new queen and demanded the Church to approve his divorce of Queen Merryn. This shocked everyone privy to Kastis’s secrets, who, at this point, was tolerant of his shameful acts. Queen Merryn expelled Elenie from the castle, but when Kastis came home one day with a newborn baby claiming he would raise it as his own, that became the last act of defiance that would be tolerated.

Something had to be done, but no one was willing to stop him. After all, Kastis the Great was a hero. No one except his own mother, Queen Anneriene. She ordered Elenie to be killed and broke the news herself that Kastis had fathered a child with a lowborn servant. Kastis became enraged with grief and sorrow, and together with House Kyrie and the Church, banished Queen Anneriene from Cairlann for her crimes. Merryn remained Queen alongside Kastis until her natural death, but the young boy that was born from Kastis and Elenie out of wedlock faced many challenges.

His bastard blood was well known throughout the courts, but he worked his way up to become a formidable warrior during the last days of the Wars of Conquest when Myseros was finally defeated. From his accomplishments, King Kastis granted him the position of Lord Commander. The man that was given the name Kelvan by his father became well-respected for his prowess and intrigue in the ways of statesmanship and war, while his true-blooded brother languished in the castle.

Lord Frederic, then a young but promising statesman, gained favor from King Kastis by orchestrating the Cairlannder supply chains from Grennhal to Myseros. For his monumental efforts, Frederic was appointed Lord Minister of Trade as gratitude for his service. Lord Frederic and Lord Kelvan were close partners during the War against Myseros and were well aware of Kelvan’s interest in his younger sister Cecilia. However, in a move to politically position his own House, Lord Frederic suggested to King Kastis that his true-blooded older son, Prince Kallus, marry Cecilia as a token of their everlasting friendship. The move stunned Kelvan and demanded Frederic to explain himself. For Kelvan, it was personal, but for Frederic, it was business as usual. When Frederic made it clear to Kelvan not to pursue Cecilia any further, Kelvan vowed revenge for Frederic’s betrayal. He swore that as long as he lived, Kelvan would ensure a Barethian would never sit on the throne. Thus began the long rivalry between Lord Kelvan and Lord Frederic within the Royal Council.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »
House Everite

The Banner of House Everite

House Everite controls the vast southern grasslands rich in fertile soil, known as the Great Cadamarian Plains, from their stronghold in the castle-city of Verimar. The boar is their animal symbol, a stout and ferocious beast. House Everite is renowned for their famed Land of the Cornucopia, a rich bastion of plentiful food crops and other agricultural goods. The breadbasket of the Kingdom of Cairlann, House Everite once as the Royal House of the Kingdom of Vermaris before the Wars of Expansion and became a highly-contested region during those chaotic times. Evidence of the great battles that pitched tens of thousands of men against one another are still present among their fields, scattered across the land as reminders of those dark times. Because of House Everite’s strategic importance, Cairlann heavily relies on the Everitians to supply their ever-growing war machine, harshly taxing the people of their hard-earned crops. When famine struck Everitian lands, the Cairlannders did nothing to relieve the people’s suffering, save for a quick death when they took what was left to fill their own granaries. Great resentment burns among the Everitians for Cairlann’s grievances, and the rise of the White Band Rebellion has given hope to the people once more. Perhaps for once House Everite can fight back, for the people are their greatest strength. Cairlannder strength is failing, and House Everite may soon rise from the shadow of obscurity and claim their own destiny as a sovereign nation.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 11:48:19 PM »
Sir Ghenry Feighn
Crown Protector and Black Knight of Cairlann

Sir Ghenry Feighn in his Royal Guards armor

An Everitian boy left orphaned and homeless after a terrible battle between the White Band Rebellion and the Royal Army left his hometown of Harlan burnt to the ground. Ghenry had little future ahead of him until Lord Kelvan took notice of the boy when Ghenry had fought off several of Kelvan's men in an attempt to steal food for himself. Realizing the boy's potential, Lord Kelvan offered the young Ghenry a second chance at life serving under him as a squire. With nothing left to lose, Ghenry agreed to Lord Kelvan's offer and thus began his training to become a Knight of Cairlann.

At first, Ghenry was nothing more than an errand boy, working long and hard to carry out his master's orders. While he detested such mundane tasks, Ghenry made it his life's goal to prove his worth among his peers. Along the way, Ghenry made many friends and many more allies, thanks to his relations with Lord Kelvan. In due time, Ghenry's training under Lord Kelvan would progress enough for him to take on more serious tasks, and thus his first assignments on the frontlines.

Like his errands before, Ghenry rode as a courier delivering messages to the lords and captains of Kelvan's Royal Army. And like his former duties, Ghenry too despised such lowly tasks. Yet he always performed above and beyond their expectations, riding swiftly under arrow fire and narrowly escaping traps and ambushes along the way. During one such battle, Ghenry distinguished himself by rescuing one of Kelvan's commanding lords from enemy encirclement. This ordeal would soon propel Ghenry to a higher status, and he would promptly find himself training under many of the great arms masters in Cairlann.

During Ghenry's eight long years of service, he would find himself serving under various lords and nobles acting as Lord Kelvan's enforcer and later as an inquisitor under Sir Eckhart Farroway. Throughout this time, Ghenry had built a great web of friends and supporters throughout the realm, rivaling that of Lord Kelvan's own. Yet Ghenry's work would not be fully realized until the day he met Lord Frederic Bareth, Lord Kelvan's archnemesis.

Eventually, Ghenry would find himself relinquishing his battle-ridden past to become the chosen Crown Protector for a young boy that he would yet realize would soon hold the future of Cairlann in his hands: Prince Kalland of House Calicus.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 01:03:28 AM »
House Veraldas

The Banner of House Veraldas

House Veraldas controls the rich gold and silver mines in the mountainous northwest from their great stronghold in Felwin, the former capital of the Kingdom of Felwin. Both the great rivers of Serana and Virana begin their journeys in Veraldian lands, and it is here that great watermills power the massive machines that drill deep into the earth for riches. They bear the swallow bird as their animal symbol, symbolizing their wise, yet cunning nature. These magpies are commonly seen embroidered on the neck handkerchiefs of Veraldian nobility. House Veraldas can trace its roots back to the Old Empire as a family of bureaucrats that governed the lands of Felwin under the Old Emperor’s rule. When the Old Empire collapsed, the Veraldians relinquished their rule to the native Felwinian House Lorann in a bid to survive the natives' purge against Imperial households. From then, House Veraldas served a vassal house under the newly-established Kingdom of Felwin for several generations. When Cairlann invaded Felwin in the Wars of Expansion, House Lorann was determined to fight to the last man, and as the capital fell under siege, the Lorannders threatened to execute anyone that questioned their rule, regardless of their highborn status. Seeking to save the realm from disastrous ruin, the Veraldians and a party of affluent nobles and generals gathered together and staged a coup against House Lorann. By morning, the usurpers declared their surrender to the Cairlannders, and handed the King and his loyalists over to them as a sign of fealty to their new overlords. When the Lorannder King refused to recognize Cairlann’s rule and vowed to torch the land bare, the Cairlannders found him incapable to be reasoned with and subsequently executed him and his followers. To reward House Veraldas for their role in the Felwin coup, Cairlann appointed their house as the new rulers of Felwin. House Veraldas now serves a key role in minting Cairlann’s gold and silver coins, providing the funds to finance Cairlann’s exhaustive wars. Because of their position as the realm’s minter of coin, House Veraldas took full advantage of their ability to mint coin, spending the excess on highly expensive and extravagant luxuries that few other Houses could afford. The purple dye that adorns their banner and coat-of-arms is a common example of this prolific spending. House Veraldas may be content to rule over their small piece of land in the corner of the kingdom for now, but their tastes for grandeur may not stop with just Felwin. They may very well turn their eyes to the next greatest prize yet: the throne of Cairlann.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 06:16:12 AM »
Trying out a Book Cover Concept for my upcoming novel "Cairlann - The Tyrant's Legacy". What do you all think?  ;)

Book Cover Concept

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 09:05:44 PM »
House Delmor

The Banner of House Delmor

House Delmor controls the Arvaltan mountains from the northern borders of Cairlann in the castle-city of Brafstel. The wise and watchful owl serves as the House's animal symbol. House Delmor is a sister house to House Tullos and is responsible for protecting the realm of Cairlann from the barbarian tribes that raid Cairlann’s northern frontier. Favored by the ruling House Calicus, House Delmor regularly receives support in the form of soldiers and slave labor to fortify the frontier, making House Delmor’s well-equipped veteran forces second only to the Royal Army itself. House Delmor was once a fiercely loyal Noble House serving under the Royal House of Tullos of the Kingdom of Godwyn, and served with distinction during the Wars of Expansion, even going so far as to protect the heir of Godwyn from Cairlannder aggression. However, times have changed. Delmor now draws blood against their northern brothers for a foreign power, and grows weary of constant battle. House Tullos has grown weak from their drunken stupor with the Cairlannders, and with House Delmor becoming more vital than ever to Cairlann’s protection, perhaps it is time for Delmorans to break away from their bondage and free the people of Godwyn from their oppressors.