March 29, 2024, 12:51:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Midnight. I make tutorial videos on creating manga!  (Read 8332 times)

Offline MidnightXCross

• I upload YouTube videos on manga creation!
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm Midnight. I make tutorial videos on creating manga!
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:14:58 AM »
Hello everyone! This is my first time joining a forum, so I'm quite new to all of this.
Anyway, my name is Midnight Cross. I make YouTube videos on all the topics of how to create a manga, while I'm working on my own manga titled 'Having Faith'.  :D
I try and cover a whole range of topics in my videos, which include writing, story ideas, art tips and more. I always love connecting with other manga creators, so if there is a certain kind of video you would like me to make, you are always welcome to ask. Here is one of my newer videos where I talk about how to make a one shot manga: *link removed*
As for my manga, it's a paranormal and drama series about a girl named Willow and her imaginary friend named Faith.
What mangas are you working on? I would love to hear about them!! :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:20:26 AM by legomaestro »
I upload YouTube videos to help you create amazing manga, while working on my own manga 'Having Faith'!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Midnight. I make tutorial videos on creating manga!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 06:21:35 AM »
Hey Midnight! Welcome to mangaraiders! Tutorials are always fun stuff.

The forum rules though need you to hit 25 posts before you can share links, so that you can participate a little in the community a little, comment on other peoples' works and stuff.

How long have you been drawing?

Offline MidnightXCross

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 07:26:49 AM »
Whoops!! Sorry, didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know :) I'm sure I'll get to 25 posts soon enough. This looks like a really fun forum.
I have been drawing since I was a child, though I have been more seriously focused on drawing in the last 10 years. What about you?
I upload YouTube videos to help you create amazing manga, while working on my own manga 'Having Faith'!

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 10:29:48 AM »
hey and welcome to the forum  :thumbsup:

I'll have check out your videos, I'm a sucker for manga tutorials
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:34:00 AM by Vacant »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders Midnight!

I'm glad you're excited to be here! Almost all of us have some sort of project cooking away, so feel free to check them out and talk to creators! Personally I write a story that could be summed up as "A group of magical girls get adopted by an eccentric immortal." But it's heavy on action anime influence and has fun examining the question of "what kind of personality does it take to actually live forever?".

I look forward to seeing you around!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »
Hi there!
Welcome to the forum. I'm Hati, and it's nice to meet you.
I hope you find what you're looking for, and I look forward to seeing your projects!
Let me know if you need anything.
~Hati ^^
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline MidnightXCross

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »

Hello!! Thanks Vacant.  ;D Are you working on a manga too?

Offline MidnightXCross

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »

I'm glad you're excited to be here! Almost all of us have some sort of project cooking away, so feel free to check them out and talk to creators! Personally I write a story that could be summed up as "A group of magical girls get adopted by an eccentric immortal." But it's heavy on action anime influence and has fun examining the question of "what kind of personality does it take to actually live forever?".

Your series sounds very cool!! I have such an interest in magical girl/action stories. How long have you been creating it? If it's online, I would love to read it.  ;D

Offline MidnightXCross

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 06:19:27 PM »
Hi there!
I hope you find what you're looking for, and I look forward to seeing your projects!
~Hati ^^

Hello Hati! It's nice to meet you too ^^
I just went onto your posts, and saw your artwork. You have a lovely art style! Great work. Are you working on a manga series too?  ;D

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 05:05:48 AM »
Hey there, welcome to MangaRaiders!

Ah that’s so cool that you are putting video guides out there on to YouTube! If I ever decide to get back into drawing then I’ll be sure to check your videos out ;D

Best of luck with your comic, and I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »
Whoops!! Sorry, didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know :) I'm sure I'll get to 25 posts soon enough. This looks like a really fun forum.
I have been drawing since I was a child, though I have been more seriously focused on drawing in the last 10 years. What about you?

I've been drawing since 11 years? It's been super haphazard and if I were more dedicated I'd be much further but yeah, drawing is something I'm doing regularly haha.

And yes this place is indeed a cool community (my biased opinion). Really glad to have found it

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2020, 01:05:48 PM »
Hi there!
~Hati ^^

Hello Hati! It's nice to meet you too ^^
I just went onto your posts, and saw your artwork. You have a lovely art style! Great work. Are you working on a manga series too?  ;D

Oh my god thank you! ^^
I'm glad you liked my art. I'm very shy around here, so I mainly communicate with my art.
Yes, I am working on a manga series right now. It's like a fairy tale, but very surreal with a dark twist.
Thanks for taking interest and I'll see you around.
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2020, 01:10:41 PM »

Hello!! Thanks Vacant.  ;D Are you working on a manga too?

Hey, I was....until I realised I had no artistic talent to speak of :blush:

For now, Im working on a bog standard novel format for my story. It's all the shonen trash you could hope for, stuffed into a book.

I checked out some of the videos and I must say I really enjoyed the Q&A ones, plus the latest one with the free story plots for Magical Girl style stories. We have a free story plots thread here, but I quite like the idea of coming up with a bunch for one specific genre.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2020, 01:42:17 PM »

Your series sounds very cool!! I have such an interest in magical girl/action stories. How long have you been creating it? If it's online, I would love to read it.  ;D

Thanks! I started it way back in 2008, and my drive to share it is how I found MangaRaiders in the first place! It's actually all here on MR in the Manga Creations section. You can check out the link in my signature which will take you to arc 3, and the opening post of that topic has links to the first two arcs as well!

It's definitely seen some changes since I started posting it, and I plan to do a full rewrite of the whole thing once I wrap up arc 3 to incorporate all I've learned and the way the story has changed in my mind. But what's here is the original form, for good and for ill. Just don't judge my past self's writing ability too harshly. He was but a boy with a dream   :o  :ohmy: :noidea:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MidnightXCross

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »
Hey there, welcome to MangaRaiders!

Ah that’s so cool that you are putting video guides out there on to YouTube! If I ever decide to get back into drawing then I’ll be sure to check your videos out ;D

Best of luck with your comic, and I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Thank you so much!!  :D