October 22, 2020, 02:14:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Universe Litmus Test  (Read 567 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Universe Litmus Test
« on: May 13, 2020, 03:48:44 PM »
Test your fictional Universe! How much do you know about it? How much do you know your characters? This 10 question quiz will test your knowledge.

Rules

1 - No consulting your stories before answering
2 - be as in-depth as possible. Make guesses if you don't know!

1- Your protagonist meets a wild ravenous lion in the middle of a jungle, what do they do?
2- What allergies do any of your main antagonists have?
3- What was the weather like when your protagonist was born?
4- What was the name of the grandparent of your protagonists' best friend OR their sibling?
5- Is there a famous cook in your universe?
6- Someone shoots your protagonist with a pistol - do they survive?
7- Van Gogh is transported into your universe: What happens? (Is there already Van Gogh? Is there art in your universe? Explain honestly what would happen)
8- What language do they speak in your world?
9- Did The Big Bang happen in your story?
10- Are there farmers in your world?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Universe Litmus Test
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »
Well damn, I guess I gotta give this a shot. Having a big multi-verse thing going on, so I'm going to be good and stick to my character's 'world'. Like, their sorta social situation. So I won't just be pulling out random examples from our universe just because it technically aligns with my story's.

1. Coryn would make friends and teach it how to be ridden like a horse.

2. None to speak of. October dislikes bright sunlight but allergy wouldn't be the right term.

3. Hot, sunny, and muggy.

4. Secrets, sorry. But Jack descends from Lydia and Nickolas.

5. Got no idea on a name, but there is 100% a chef who spends their time traveling between dimensions to find unique cooking ingredients to serve to other immortals who (probably) won't die from consuming them.

6. Any of the immortals will be fine. The girls got a good chance but depends on circumstance. A pointblank sniper round to the head they probably aren't walking away from. A pistol at 10 yards though sure.

7. An immortal has definitely tracked down a version of Van Gogh to get some paintings. Gonna say Colt would probably be the one to do it to, as he has an affinity for the times that Van Gogh lived through.

8. Any and all (technology assisted or otherwise)

9. Yup.

10. Who doesn't dream of retiring to a farm once and a while? There are definitely a few immortals who have to pretend to go off, die, and then have their "son" or "daughter" return to claim the farm from whoever they left in charge of it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »
Mwahahaha yesss juicy trivia from your universe.

An interdimensional chef would be quite the Toriko manga.

The farmer switcheroo. I wonder how common that one is haha. Has Coryn done it before?

Gonna answer my own quiz in relation to Kingfisher

1- He can escape pretty easily
2- They don't have any. Can't have any, being pretty much supermen and women
3- I don't know dammit haha
4- Jeez I have no idea. Probably someone famous though
5- Yes. Fishers who specialize in cuisine do exist, although they are more spice-based cooks than exotic animal hunters (rifts have no biological material)
6- Rex has got to block it or he has problems
7- It wouldn't be odd, dimension hopping, but he wouldn't be that successful. There isn't much of an art scene in my universe. Everything is very utilitarian, just between a dystopia and functioning society.
8- I haven't thought about it, but English seems wrong.
9- No
10 - Yes. They're the backbone of all cities' economies

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
Lets give it a shot!

1- Your protagonist meets a wild ravenous lion in the middle of a jungle, what do they do?
"Shio would seek to avoid battle if needed, however if it came to it he'd use binding spells to subdue it".

"None, except an aversion to the great injustice the creator has brought upon them"

"I've forgotten his exact birthday, but I know its in the fall. So it would of likely been a rainy day given his location".

4- What was the name of the grandparent of your protagonists' best friend OR their sibling?
"Aurum Dante, Archon of Nagoyra"

"The closest I have is Lu Fang's parents run the best bakery in the whole of Nomia".

"Of course. That Plot Armour is reallllllllllll thick!"

7- Van Gogh is transported into your universe: What happens? (Is there already Van Gogh? Is there art in your universe? Explain honestly what would happen)
"His paintings would get a little more trippy with the inclusion of magic and the exotic beasts that inhabit his new world, but he'd still be able to be a famous artist and live a very similar life"

"Depends on the Nation, but English was adopted as a universal language a long time ago. However, I totally stole Tite Kubo's idea of making other factions have influences from different cultures. I suppose you said to be thorough so here goes;
-Nomia: Originally Japanese, but English has taken over as a universal language centuries ago. However, traditional places have Japanese names still, in addition to many still opting for Japanese names for children. This leads to some having a mix of English and Japanese in their given names.
-Bellesim: Italian influences and some Roman imagery.
-Casos: Spanish.
-Hadum: Persian and Arabic influences.
-Andreas: I think "American" so American spellings for names, or at least names more common in the US than in the UK.
-Callendell: Similar to Nomia, ancient and traditional names/places are influenced by Greek mythology, while in modern times they have French influences.
-Nagoyra: Latin and Greek mix.
-Aristas: English/American.
-Celdia: Germanic influences.
-Esvania: Eastern European influences.
-Beidao: Chinese influences.

It did not. The universe came to being from a group of Creators, each one a God in their own right. These Creators sole purpose is to give birth to a Universe and give life a chance to develop. No one knows how many have come before or how many they intend to create. But they are still working on this one. They create stars, planets, galaxies as they go, never ceasing their activity. All except one. After an eternity of simply planting the seed and moving on, one of the group became so curious to see what his creations had become he did the unthinkable, he turned back.

This Creator was dismayed when he visited his life's work. On each planet, he found life had either already perished, or had never existed at all. So he set about moulding a new planet and exerted his influence into it. He created the world the story takes place on and was so intent on it succeeding he split a large part of his being into the planets core. This essence is what makes up the "soul power" in the world and in turn makes a soul. The Creator engineered a paradise for those souls who eventually left their mortal bodies to go to, so they would never truly die. Two schools of philosophy exist for those in the world who believe in the Faith. Some believe that the Creator retired into this paradise, to spend the rest of their days with the beings he made. While others believe he moved on after this. This is also from memory, so some of this may be incorrect :P

Plenty of them. Their methods vary depending on the Country, but there's a lot of them out there.

Online Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 04:00:23 AM »
This is interesting because I don't know some of these.

Katherine loves combat especially when the stakes are high. So whether or not she has her Regalia (her source of supernatural powers). She would attempt to fight (she's kind of crazy). If she didn't have her Regalia it's debateable although she isn't just a normal girl without it, she has a "crown" (another source of power)

None except the main antagonist avoids deserts because his powers don't work there.

I don't know this one.

I know on her father's side their last names are smith.

If there was, it would be Mortdar because he is famous and he did a lot of things. Probably cooked something at some point.

There's a character in the game (and story) who uses a [magic] revolver. The revolver does 180 damage per shot at medium range or closer. And katherine has 800 health with 200 of that being armor health which reduces damage by 30% this would result in her taking 126 damage to the body, and this lady, Sophia, has a critical hit multiplier of x2 so to the head it would deal 252 damage so Katherine would definitely survive the first 2 shots. In the story, she would die to a shot in the head or heart or vital artery. But she could theoretically be brought back to life by Helen.

Well I have made artwork as an artist making artwork in the story. Painting and Painters in this world are similar to their state in Van Gogh's time.

Multiple languages. In the west they speak Spanish, Latin and English. In the north they speak Russian, in the east they speak Japanese, Chinese, and Thai, and in the sky they speak French.

It could be a viable model of origins.

Yes, I assume.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »
Really interesting to see such varied takes from everyone! I'm surprised that not everyone has an answer to the weather from their birth date. I thought that birthday's were just something that came up naturally.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »
Guess I'll give it a go for Charred Life! Neat quiz c:

1. Roun would try to get back inside the protective barriers surrounding his village, or if that's not possible, call on the wolves in the forest to help deal with the threat as he escapes. Confronting wild animals is never on his to-do list. And wild animals are pretty common in that forest.

2. Light, otherwise known as positive energy. Being primarily a negative energy user, it'd make him feel real sick.

3. Cloudy, rainy, and dark.

4. I don't know, but they would be a highly respected person as that friends is from the oldest family in the clan.

5. Among the Acor community, Gran Dricera is best known for her traditional dishes.

6. Yes... The two main characters would be able to block or dodge it. One has the ability Absolute defense which allows harmful substances to pass through him, while the other is able to move faster than bullets in general.

7. Van Gogh would be quickly detected as a foreign substance through the world's technology. I expect that once they discover his skill, they may not place much value in it since there would be many other artists in the world. Their main goal would be to find a way to transport him back (and probably wipe his memory in the process).

8. Everyone knows Common Tongue, which might as well be English. I imagine there would be languages similar to German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, French, Arabic, and so on, as I've based the peoples off earth's. The major clans have their own dialect or tongue, for example the language of the Acor Clan would simply be known as the Acori tongue.

9. No. As far as the legends go, the planet was created by a Goddess by the name of Cretanneh, whom they've named their planet after.

10. Yes, especially in the northern continent, which isn't as industrialized as the southern continent.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler