September 29, 2020, 10:34:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: YouTubers are getting hacked  (Read 1424 times)

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
YouTubers are getting hacked
« on: February 09, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
YouTubers are getting hacked!

The Anime Youtuber BestGuyEver got hacked like a week ago. I heard the hacker sent BestGuy an email pretending to want paid advertising for his "game" for 500$ to 1500$. But will pay after the video is made(Here is your first big red flag). The game link in the email is a malware that takes over your stuff.
After the hacker takes over, he changes the channel name to "Brad Garlinghouse" then live stream interviews of this Brad guy with free give ways scam in the descriptions

That's Brad Garlinghouse. By the way, Brad is not the hacker. In the comments, people saying F you Brad and not sure if they joking or

Nowadays it seems like clicking links Is like Russian roulette

The gest
So yea, watch out for "I'll pay you after the work is done" 
Watch out for "Send me one crypto I'll send you ten crypto back free give away" scams
As all of us know Don't click questionable links. Look like a bunch of YouTubers fell and still falling for it. YouTube doesn't seem to do anything about it(that I know of)

I just got a notification from DeviantArt warning me from "you won prize" questionable links spam scam. That type of scams is running rampant lately. So be on guard yalls!

Part of me thinks people should know better not to fall for it but on the other hand politicians and CEOs of billions dollars companies are clicking questionable links and falling for this dump hack. What chance we common folks have?

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
Re: YouTubers are getting hacked
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:22 PM »
I've had a couple of scam emails on deviant art saying I've won a prize or something. I googled the root website of the link first (something like prizegivaway.com) and I found all the scam complaints.
These days you have to be suspicious of anything that sounds good.
Thanks for the YouTube warning.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 11:17:30 PM »
Buy armors

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 05:42:04 AM »
Another one

This youtube channel going by the name "Trap town ztx" and other similar variations

They spam this. Not sure what they up to. It's not a lonely person looking to make friends, its a scam! When you talk to them they ask for a sub for a sub. I heard people say they will steal your info and such, idk. I have seen people genuinely hurt thinking they'll be making a friend.

On a happy note, Bestguy got his channel back, but he had to break his mother's back. Seriously tho, he didn't talk about this whole fiasco in his "come back" video. Just Brad is dead, Brad is defeated jokes. 

Look at him. Bread Garlichouse wouldn't hurt a fly

Youtube has been very slow to combat spam/scams/hacks. For example, this hack has been going on for 3-4 months I think.
Channels with over 1M subscribers got haked. Unfortunately, there are people who sent money to the hackers. Probably made at least 50k, destroying livelihoods.

People don't take their internet security seriously... ... A word from our sponsor VPN blah, bleh blah Even soft/hardware that sposed to keep you safe get hacked sometimes.