September 29, 2020, 10:00:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: get alot of views > exposure > money  (Read 3617 times)

Offline comets

• View Profile
get alot of views > exposure > money
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »
how? i am always inspired by yuumei, alchemaniac, loundraw, independent people who can get alot of exposure for their products and drawings...by so little marketting budget and mostly word of mouths...

is it quality? is it traffic?

which one is it?
how do you achieve the crowdiest products? like millions of good views and good reviews?

Offline comets

• View Profile
Re: get alot of views > exposure > money
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
or maybe lilypichu 39daph
twitch famous that said they have bought a house and *censored* with their own moneys?

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:05:41 PM »
Your question is how they get views>exposure>money without a marketing budget? I guess they post a lot and their artwork is very good. At least that what I been told how to get exposure and stuff

I heard someone say that, If you become good at something, someone will pay you to do it.

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »
i wanna be something like tobyfox

keep doing alot of cool stuff and make good sales
maybe collab with similarly interested people etc

stay underradar like hironobu sakaguchi
maybe even 0 twitter because i dont use twatter that well
idk. is it possible to make the hole in one for every project just because i dont wanna wsate money and time
and i want to make my stuff the coolest
something like that.

what's the recipe?

Offline MoonFlame

• i used to be an adventurer, just like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:24 AM »
i cant really help you, because even i am not a famous person, but what i have learned from various artists is something like;

These artists in youtube, or instagram, either have an outstanding art style, or an unique art style. It doenst need to be a result of a perfect art skill, but the art style must be something that the people will "like", its hard to really say what it is, i once saw an artist who did exquisite drawings on his instagram, but only got a lot of views when he decided to post a simple cartoon drawing, i dont know why but, well i think is a matter of finding your style in fact, you dont need to be a davinci, but as long as you have your own style like picasso, or van gogh, then its already a good thing.

Also, people seems to like "consistence" a lot, both in artwork style and posting frequency, posting your works frequently will make peoples remember you, having a lot of communication channels that can show your work to different people may help as well like deviant art, youtube or etc...

also i don't think getting a lot of views is an exact science.

and of course, it is not easy, there are a hundred of artists out there, who also wants to make a name for themselves, so you will need to work hard in order to compete with them, but working hard is just the law of nature, even these famous ones out there, didn't started from the top.

these are just some tips i remember viewing once, i am not famous, and for me i'm lacking all the things i said above, i neither have a consistent and memorable art style or make my artworks with a good frequency, but i hope what i have said may be of help to you.
looks like that's it, got to go...

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
Tobyfox Undertale maybe lightning in a bottle type of thing. Game theory Matpat gave a copy of Undertale to the pope. So yea, that's a good example of something going far by the word of mouth. Mat loved this game so much that felt compelled to give it to the pope. 

That's the success story most of us dreamt of. I'm not sure if Topy followed a recipe, a plan of some sort or the stars just aligned for him.
Even if we may never reach that level of success, you bound to get somewhere if they work for it.

Not sure what you mean by Hironobu Sakaguchi under the radar. The man was big in his time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:43:39 PM by KeanFox »

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 11:16:45 PM »
Ok i must have missaid something somehwwer

I dont mean famous
I meant alot of sales

But it seems with lots of sales it also comes publicity fame and uh idk things i dont know how to handle

I dont know about giving a copy to the pope
If they dont like it they dont need to play/read it

But since theres 6 billion human on earth me getting only 40 views for my work is either im lazy or stupid in traffic and marketting
I d like to say im stupid but i have not exactly ask this question

Someone on the other thread said to put my money but i dont know
where but google adsense and i dont really kno how

Yeah i didnt meant tobyfox as a reference of "famous"
But getting his game mentioned in and play AND BOUGHT AND NOT RETURNED Orz by tons of people

Yeah thats like paying all my debts and feeding tons

And i never ever could find sakaguchi's personal facebook
Only fans and articles and wiki. I d say thats a very good life if not good business

Score 100 mil franchise
Pay debt and retire

Done

Maybe redo it again if you dont gamble all your money on stupid *censored*
Idk

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 11:44:01 PM »
If you're serious about about trying to market your work you need to learn how marketing works. I'm working on a general business minor so I've taken a class on it and what I learned were the bare basic concepts. It's a very complex and difficult subject that is constantly evolving. Without studying how and when marketing methods work you are going to have a very difficult time.

It's not something you're likely to learn much about on a forum that's not dedicated to the subject. So read some books on the subject, watch informational videos and "success stories" on YouTube, etc.

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 01:45:52 AM »
Ok i mdefinitely stupid as always

Yeah i need to market my product and profit to pay rent bills and debt whats the option

Watched and read too much success stories for the last 15 years
I need to r3duce the time i spent on those already i believe

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 06:03:54 PM »
Yea, I got your point that you meant money not fame. Views lead to exposure lead to money
Short answer, learn how to promote/market yourself

Sakaguchi worked on multiple successful games. He had his success story multiple times. He is not on Twitter to promote and market his product because he doesn't have to, the company does that for him.

Sure the pope didn't play his copy of Undertale. But to think the game Topy made almost by himself got big that it reached the pope. With no marketing

Minecraft, Fnaf, Crazy wheels, Flappy Bird, happy wheels, etc. All crazy success stories, good to learn from and dream of reaching that big successe. Also good to have realistically achievable goals.

If you plan to make a game by yourself you going have to buy the necessary hardware and software, then learn how to program, make the game assets and promote/market it. Money+time+brain energy.
So video game development may not be the sure fast get money quick
If that seems so much for you but you are passionate about making video games, chose one aspect and specialize in it. Be a part of a team.

keep in mind. Depending on where you live and your age. There are other ways of making decent money, have a decent retirement   

As the saying goes. A millionaire can buy a mansion with 30 bathrooms, but at the end of the day he only has one a hole

Spoiler
Also check that Flappy Bird dev, its interesting that he got success and money but couldn't handle fame 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:05:12 PM by KeanFox »

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 11:20:21 PM »
thats a funyy way of saying it

but ok can you help me find it? this good marketting solution?
do you know any names that successfully do this?

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 04:58:43 PM »
Depending on what you want to learn how market/promote. Look it up. Tutorials, courses, books. The internet is truly a blessing.

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 08:04:09 PM »
Ok, let's take an example

https://www.deviantart.com/asinnelius

what do you think this account should be improved to get such large traffic and favs comments and crowd and sales?
what to improve and uh, how much does each improvement cost?

with traget like 100 mil sales etc, how to improve?

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 11:51:20 PM »
Tobyfox Undertale maybe lightning in a bottle type of thing. Game theory Matpat gave a copy of Undertale to the pope. Mat loved this game so much that felt compelled to give it to the pope

And i think the pope should buy his own copy instead of getting someone else's.

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »
all of these people you have mentioned all started out by just being part of a community. that is all it takes is to get to know people, make connections, do things to show your worth

but i have a feeling everyone else already told you this

Click the Banner to Read