February 17, 2020, 09:04:02 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Uh help  (Read 286 times)

Offline comets

• View Profile
Uh help
« on: January 27, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
so....what's my best chance in finding a job that can make 50k a yer and allows me to grow and improve into handling a single project and all its department (and exceling all of them? basically a tough ass generalist) and scoring big asss money so i can retire just  fine( not too much, not too little) and pays back my family?

is it possible?

or, do i just race myself on youtube and try to find tank of followers and subs and, see if i can survive from it?

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: Uh help
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:21 PM »
Is it possible? Yes, it is. Anything possible.

What type of artistic job that make 50k a year? I don't know, but it's probably out there.
Marc brunet worked at blizzard. Said that he made 150k a year but most of it spent on the high living cost where the studio is, and art school loans. So that comes in play.   

Doing the youtube the followers and subs thing comes with its own set of hurdles and obstacles, like most things in life.
It's a bit complicated. Whatever path you take will take hard work and determination.

If the goal is to just make money, there are many ways of doing that. Don't limit your options in art and creative endeavors.   

Unless art is what you really really really want to do   

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Ah.. i see... that's a very encouraging and open minded word.
Thanks alot. :)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:36:36 PM »
Artistically it's definitely hard to say, but from my own life experience I can give two example paths to a good paying job (regardless of subject)

Option 1: As Kean said, college. It's a fine balance you need to walk where you don't get yourself into so much debt that the job you get afterwards can't bail you back out of it. There's no hard and fast rule how to do that though. Generally speaking though: don't go to school for 10 years getting a master's degree in something with low paying job prospects just because you find it interesting to study.

Option 2: Get a generic job you don't need a degree for, and then work your ass off every day. Said job needs to have room to expand into some sort of career, of course. But good attitude and work ethic have taken a lot of people from poverty to the middle class.

Both paths of course take hard work and luck. But anything you do in life will. Don't get discouraged by the setbacks, and keep moving forward. Just because you're on one path today doesn't mean you can't be on a different one later.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
how about building fanbase around your product?

like since im making stuff like manga and designs and games
which , rely ALOT onfanbase to be any close being profittable...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
You've got to spend money on marketing then. If you've got a product and you can hire a publisher then you can take the onus off of yourself somewhat. But there's no way around it, you've got to put in the effort to make yourself known.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline comets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »
Ok im not exactly trying to make myself "known" for the business

Just trying to score 13 mil views or  100 mil sales like yuumei hironobu sakaguchi. Not win awards or do gdc talks like that. Just making ends meet but it seems now "views" and "comments" and "favs" "RT" etc is part of d marketting.

Where do i put money for this kind of "publicity" so i can make the sales?

Noticably some artist on deviantart makes like one artwork and get 10 bil views... seems like very profittable traffic if not sales.

Where do i put the money for this or "hire" good publisher/maarketting whatever