July 15, 2020, 03:08:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Back Under A New Name  (Read 754 times)

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
Back Under A New Name
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:23:07 PM »
Hi. I use to go by the name GalaxyDreamer90 on here. I haven't been here in a while and a lot has changed since then. First off I have since graduated from college and gotten a job. Now that I got a job and am making a little money I am about to finally move out in a couple of months. In fact I have began sorting through my stuff and packing already. I even have a boyfriend now. I still aspire to be a manga artist someday, but it doesn't help that I'm really disorganized and have a ton of ideas not to mention a short attention span. Still deep down I believe I can be a good manga artist. Hope to get a warm welcome back.

Offline MoonFlame

• i used to be an adventurer, just like you
    • View Profile
Re: Back Under A New Name
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
Welcome back bro, i always get quite anxious thinking someday i will have to leave alone after finishing college and such, can't imagine how i would survive, probably i wouldn't even last a single day living alone.

Is really though to dedicate yourself to art when it's not your main professional area, but i don't think its impossible, it probably just takes dedication and endurance like the rest of the other things.

looks like that's it, got to go...

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 05:59:12 AM »
Yeah when I started college I was worried about what would happen afterwards. I thought I would never get a job and move out since I kept getting rejected for a job which was part of the reason I went to college. I suppose that it helps to be determined that and putting in applications.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 04:22:27 PM »
Welcome back Indigo! I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you!

Dedication with a sprinkling of stubborness can take you far in life. They saw me through college as well, even back when I was having nightmares about failing out and moving back in with my parents.

@MoonFlame: Going off on your own can certainly be scary, but it's totally doable if you can get your head around it. You'll definitely come up against some weird spots at first, but you slowly figure it out. Humans are adaptable after all. You can learn to live in just about any situation you find yourself in if you have the will to do it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
welcome back!!!!

having a big dream is great! ever since I joined years and years ago I've had the goal of producing my own manga, but only now does it finally actually seem possible. A little work over a long time can achieve a huge result!

I would say having a ton of ideas is a good thing, but if you find it hard to organise them then I can see why that wouldn't be so great. Maybe work on being more organised first!!

but great to see you around again, hope to see some art again :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 12:38:42 PM »
Thanks. I'm glad to be back here and hopefully I can get some artwork posted soon.
@ supersan I can definitely be stubborn which can be both good and bad. Seems to be a family trait as my mom can also be stubborn.

@moonflame moving out can be both very scary and exciting. I never thought I would ever get the chance to move out since I had a very hard time finding a job. While I'm kind of looking forward to finally being out on my own, I'm also going to miss living with my parents. Part of it is that they have always been there for me. Also now that I'm going to be on my own I got to be more responsible. Luckily I'll still be able to come and visit my parents after I move out. As for finding a job after college the best advice I can give you is to put in applications especially to places you never thought of. I never thought I could handle the kind of job I have because of how unfocused I am and sometimes my job is hard for me because of my lack of focus and organization, but usually I do a good job despite my lack of focus. Also apply for any job that you qualify for even if its something that doesn't seem too fun. Sadly we live in a very materialistic world which means you are going to need some money in order to survive. As long as you're making just enough to survive though and don't get too caught up in material things you should be fine. I still can't stand materialistic people. I've always been the type that as long as I'm making enough money to survive I'm fine.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 11:07:57 PM »
Welcome back!
Disorganization is something I struggle with too, especially in regards to time ^^; It's good to see you back!
Best wishes for art! Let us know if we can offer any help there c:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock