March 29, 2024, 12:56:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: when life hates your guts (rambling)  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
when life hates your guts (rambling)
« on: January 07, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
bad title, im sorry, so if you all have not heard, my mom died back in November, it has been very rough for me both mentally and financially. one big thing that is eating at me is my limited funds and the car payment, yeah i could just get rid of the car but there is only 2 more years left for financing.

i want to get that done this year but then there is issue 2, i can barely buy food with these bills. Good thing i moved back in with my dad but still. i have no idea what to sell people or commission, it also doesn't help that no one will buy anyway

i think the most recent thing that has been really upsetting me is that i'm part of a collab project... i'[m the one who pitched the story and since its a crossover collab, i can't just leave... the issue i'm having is that i basically do not have a single artistic job cause the other person believes they can do everything themself, on top of their own personal project. I can see this project burning because of it and when talking to them and it just causes an argument. this project is actually nolonger becoming fun because of it.

there has just been too much going on and i'm an emotional wreck of a human being, i even nearly just up and quit Royal a few times caus i just dont have the mental energy to work on it right now...

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: when life hates your guts (rambling)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about that Bobby. That's rough stuff, and there's really nothing great you can say about it. Please stay strong out there though. Money being tight absolutely sucks. If taking on commissions will help then I'm sure I could think something up. What are your tiers?

Collab projects turning sour absolutely sucks. Getting really invested only to see it fall apart is the worst outcome. I know it can hurt, but if it's really not bringing joy anymore and only pain, then your best bet is to just cut your losses. Don't let your desire to finish drag you down deeper than where you want to go.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:25:58 PM »
Sorry to hear it's been hard for you the last couple of months.
I imagine you've already thought of this, but can you get a job doing something else, like anywhere? even if it's not great pay, it's better than nothing, and it might help to cover a difficult patch while you find your feet.

And I can understand wanting to quit a project when it's going hard. maybe take a 6 month break from it and try picking it up again much later?

and yeah a team project going bad is super difficult. if the other person think they can do it all, maybe just leave them with it for a while and don't bother them, because it's becoming more stressful for you than it's worth, to worry about it.

I hope it goes well in the weeks to come, and we're always here for you to chat to or just chill :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 02:59:01 PM »
tbh the job thing is the issue, im actually unable to work due to a mental disability, but if it wasnt that, its the whole fact i live around 20 minutes out of town now and i still don't have my full license (cant drive without my dad in the car)

when it comes to quitting, its doing what you said, cause i'll be honest, i can never really QUIT a personal project, its more like shelfing it til im ready to come back

as for the collab, i'm more so worried about the third person in the mix, he's gone on vacation and hes going to come back and find out we have done nothing but fight with eachother, probably wait for him to come back before making a decision

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
probably sounds best. and all the while you're not working on a project, your mind is still going over it subconsciously so you'll probably find that you have things to add to it when you pick it up again.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Slammer

• : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, i remember a couple of times in VC hearing her and it sounded like you guys were close. Losing a loved one is never easy. She sounded like a lovely lady  :heart:

With collaborations, i would bail to be honest. It sounds like you're going through a lot, so parting ways due to creative differences isn't unheard of. Just be honest with the third party, obviously apologise but if you can't do it, you can't do it. No point in everyone wasting more time. Alternatively, you could speak to them both and ask to take a step back and give them more freedom to independently run it for a while.

I'm also feeling the no license and living with parents thing (40 minutes here). My test is next month thankfully, hopefully you can get that resolved soon.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »

So I love collaborative projects and as an unfortunate leader in never getting them done I can relate to how frustrating that can be. And props on keeping at it. But you should also realize you're fighting a lot of battles at once. I can get if the project going along helps distract you from other stuff, but if it adds to your stress you should shelve it or talk honestly about how things are going for you.

Sorry about your loss and situation. I can only offer words on that front. As for commissions, that's a scene i've never touched. I don't even know if it's still active on DA, but you could try over there.

And yes, life can be quite an arse.