May 28, 2022, 11:14:16 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Witcher TV Series  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
The Witcher TV Series
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »
So as someone who has never read the books, nor play the games I had no clue about the lore or story of the show. All I knew was Superman was in it. I guess the show was fighting the stigma, as we all know how well adaptations tend to fair (Death Note Netflix movie I'm looking at you).

But I gotta say, 4 episodes in and its pretty dope! I'm curious to hear from those who're familiar with the franchise and what your opinion of it is? I've enjoyed it for the most part and will definitely finish it.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher TV Series
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 07:01:26 AM »
I was not too razzled by the last 2 episodes because of some frustrating narrative choices (like I don't care what happened, just how it was all displayed). Cavills' done a great job portraying the character and I too don't know about the lore or anything. All in all it was a great watch! The Internets' taken to it too with all the memes and stuff haha .

Toss a coin to your Witcher
O’ Valley of Plenty

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: The Witcher TV Series
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:15 PM »
I know what you mean with the multiple timelines and how they structured the scenes in that final stretch. One thing that bugged me was I wish we'd seen a map of sorts so we had a better sense of the size of the rival nations and where all the pieces at play were.

I gotta commend the choreographing for Geralts fights though. Just the right amount of flair but not super acrobatic and unrealistic. Good show overall and would recommend to anyone.