April 18, 2024, 05:57:45 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Vol 1 Rules - Discussion  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Vol 1 Rules - Discussion
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:52:54 AM »
In the topic where we have talked about this originally we have decided on few rules to put for the sake of project. Here talk about what you think about those rules and which should modify or which more should add.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:09:04 PM by Corycaly »

Offline SoulRiser

• Marv
    • View Profile
Re: Rules - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:05:03 PM »
They seem pretty simply but I had just posted about the 2 strip idea. I'm not sure if I'm gettin it....the strip part I mean.I'm sure Tim might anwser this in the other topic thread.
I'm like dewey cox, I walk.......HARD.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:39:56 PM »
Yep, if you can fill a page with comics, you're in :-)

The only thing I wanted to rule out is people just drawing a single pinup, since that's sorta unfair to all those spending their time writing and drawing stories, and there would be a tendency for a lot of people to just scribble down anything and submit it. Though, of course, if one page of anyone's story is a pinup, that's fine.

The only thing I would add to the rules section is to keep your art equal to 7x10.5 inches. I can manipulate borders a little bit, but if you want your art to look in the book just like it does on your paper, try to stick to this guideline... 300dpi, 7x10.5 inches

I would say, since a lot of people are excited, this is definitely not a one-time thing... being the first of many, there are bound to be problems crop up, but it'll get smoother as we go along. The only problem I see in the future is having too much good art to choose from... once this first book is released, we're going to have a bunch of new artists joining... so, everyone is going to have to work hard to get into issue 2.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »
Tim how many strips can be insert into a page ? I mean lets say rows ? I added this Strips thing just to encourage members. Let them to do a small part for those who can't get done pages.

Tim the book will be A4 size ? Whats the photoshop page size we can use as a standard ? they have paper sizes like A4. or should I just add 7x10.5 to guidelines ?

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »
Well, I think it has to be 2 strips per page... anything more and the panels are gonna be too small to read. All Japanese manga that uses the 4 panel strip idea has 2 strips per page. But, one strip, then a couple of two strip comics... one strip and the rest of the page as a pinup

Sorta like this
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/prettyheroic/Lucky_Star_XLG_v01_p065.jpg

all good :-)