April 17, 2024, 09:48:26 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2020  (Read 52991 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2020
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2020, 01:56:38 AM »
pun-ish me harder daddy

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2020, 01:24:27 PM »
Oh god! It's only made him stronger!

*jumps out of window in full wig and robe*

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »

pun-ish me harder daddy

I'm out

*Commits Seppuku with a lollipop coloured chainsaw. Candy flies out in brilliant garish gore

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
@lego, what's some good music from Malawi?

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
Lego is the best musician I'm aware of hailing from Malawi.

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2020, 01:55:14 AM »
i managed to find this band from Malawi somehow. this song is catchy af. I won't be getting it out of my head anytime soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8Z7fGmYNM

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2020, 08:03:20 AM »
Hey never heard of these guys! Hahaha they're pretty great. And this is actually prime Malawian music. So damn well produced, and that singing voice is typically how it is along with backing vocals.

So danceable.

Damn I'm this close to being homesick

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2020, 03:42:47 PM »
well now I have it stuck in my head too :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2020, 02:21:04 PM »
Small life update bit.

I can't believe it's already almost time for college take 2. This is an...interesting year to go back to school but I thought it was the right time for some changes. Naturally it's all online this semester, which is fine for my course since it's not hands on. When I first went to college 4 years ago I wasn't ready but it was a great experience to have and certainly knocked some sense into me. There was a strike at the start of my second year. My stupid story is when we went back a few week later I felt dreadful in class, drove to the Polish restaurant (R.I.P.), had the best dining experience/meal of my life so far and dropped out the next day.

2018-19 I worked two interesting jobs to save up. Both gave me good life experience, I learnt so much and met so many interesting people. Good and bad I certainly got a lot out of it. I have done things I didn't think I could and never thought I would.

This year was going to be me going back to school or doing something else. I thought about the trades but now having worked jobs both at a set place and out & about I figured business would be the best for me. I have grown a lot since my last time starting college. I was so scared the first time, and before second year I felt it was so pointless. So I have a much better mindset this time around. 

This year is just whipping by. April-May barely feel like they happened and it feels like only a few weeks ago that I thought "oh man 3 months before school". I have said it before but Gundam has been my 2020 savoir, thank God for the models and anime. The right things come to you at the right time you know. It's nice to be really into anime again and stuff. So ya I am a lot more ready for school (I hope I am atleast). Time to...do something.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »
Ah good luck my dude :)

As the resident perpetual student (about to start my 3 year PhD studentship, which will put me at a total of 7 years of post high school education when I’m done...) I can only say that rest assured, it is certainly easier the second time around.

I was literally the biggest introvert when I started my undergrad, but by the time I started my Masters meeting new people and making friends felt super easy. Everyone is in the same boat kinda, you know, so most people will want to make friends and be just as nervous about it as you.

Anyways, you’ve definitely grown and matured a whole lot since I first met you, so I have no doubt you’ll do great! Kinda a shame that you are restricted to online at the moment, but at least it’ll allow you to ease into things.

All the best man!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2020, 04:24:54 PM »
I'm really looking forward to getting a PhD and making progress in general, but right now I'll be happy to have a degree in 2 years and then a steady paying job for a minute haha.

And dude I'm still so out of anime it's ridiculous. Happy for you about the Gundam binge. (How did 50/90 go btw?) And best of luck on uni!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »
NO1SY: Thanks! 7 years wow, pretty intense. Indeed an element I'll miss doing it online is making new friends. I'm not an extrovert but I like to meet new people. I liked that about college the first time and I like that about new jobs. At Target (R.I.P.) it was the first time I talked to people a bit older than me and then at college it was people a couple years younger than me when before I only made friends with people my age. You get a different perspective.

and a big difference this time is I saved up for this for 2 years so I've been building towards something, even times at my last two jobs when I felt bleak about the future it was all for something.

Lego: I was real out of anime for 2 years before Gundam so something can bring you back when you least expect it! 50/90 I have only gotten to 22 songs but I mean I got a new album out of it and I think I actually matured a tiny bit musically by doing some different collabs and making songs that are actually melodic and not just my usual in a way.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
@Manimal all the best!

I'm a carpenter by trade but being a design technology technician for nearly 10 years now I feel more like a general purpose engineer :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2020, 07:13:24 AM »
Best of luck going back Manimal, you'll smash it I'm sure.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2020, 04:22:14 PM »
Wow, RIP Eddie Van Halen.

This was very unexpected, I was just randomly browsing and saw the headline, didn't think anything and then I did a double take like WHAT. Undeniably one of the best Rock guitarists there was. He's always been a close favorite next to Malcolm Young and Ace Frehley for me. Eddie was always coming up with cool new things for every Van Halen record. When you listen from the debut to For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge you'll hear him doing new tricks and coming up with different kinds of riffs. While the main focus was his solos I think it was really his rhythm playing that was amazing. He was laying down amazing riffs on those classic records.

"5150" is my favorite guitar riff of all time, it's brilliant. The intro to "Mean Street" is still mind boggling today. All over Diver Down Eddie messes around with different tricks and tones. I am always amazed at the rhythm work in "Little Guitars" and "Secrets". His guitar is roaring with high energy on the debut album.

This was certainly surprising news. Just last week I was watching some random concert videos again and then boom. I will share some of my favorite Van Halen tracks that show Eddie at his best. 

Little Guitars
Girl Gone Bad
Hear About It Later 
Mean Street   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 04:36:29 PM by Manimal »