September 28, 2020, 01:19:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2020  (Read 13258 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • We'll see.....
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2020, 03:36:53 AM »
yeah the commute is cold for me too
lots of layers is pretty much all you can do :/
I actually bought USB heated gloves for a tenner to see if they were any good, and apart from draining my 10Ah charger battery in about 2 hours, they were half decent. Better than nothing but the cables were a pain and more effort than reward I think.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Slammer

• : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »
I HAVENT BEEN DRAWING THIS MONTH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 09:08:57 PM »
The block can be realer than the real.

Total hyprocrite here but the fact that you haven't drawn for a whole month means you're overthinking things so much which means you've reached a certain level of art where you are so good you have high standards and can appreciate bad and good art. Unfortunately that is getting in your way.

*passes over phamplet*

May I interest you in our lawd and savior Sketch Survival chan?

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 01:23:27 AM »
Yes art block is a funny one. I can't say I've noticed it in the last year as much as before, and I don't experience it at all now, but that's because I perfected my workflow to avoid it. (i.e. I always have something to do when I don't feel like it - studies, WIPs etc)
The trouble is depending on mood you can sometimes produce art that is at a much higher level, so you start to use that as your benchmark, and if you dont feel in such a great mood you know that you can't produce something at your best, so you dont feel that drawing is worth it. That was the main reason for me. I've totally been there many times.

Obviously on super tired days you're not going to do too well, it's probably best to get an early sleep and have an awesome day the next one, and don't do 3am memes.

I'm with Lego, drawing daily is good because you build up a habit of drawing regardless of how you feel. I've been going for 2 months-ish now and it's awesome. I still have awful days. Just look through my sketch survival and you'll see the quality waver like a metronome on caffeine. But I still draw.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline MoonFlame

• i used to be an adventurer, just like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 02:40:19 AM »
Sometimes i think my brain art blocks me on purpose, i'm lazy as hell so i go trought a single month on the same drawing having a lot of diferent ideas for the next ones, and even with that in mind, when i finally finish it, all the ideas i had while doing that drawing disapear. It probably has something to do with that mood thing mr. Suuper said.

Drawing daily seems like a good habit, like walking daily, or exercising daily, just as these fitness habits produce good results to your body, drawing daily probably has pretty much the same effects on your art skills.
looks like that's it, got to go...

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 02:47:47 AM »
Mood is indeed a large factor of when it comes to blocks.

___

Art is making me anxious and stressed atm...

I dabble in a lot of media and I know if I want to make a living off of art that I'll have to pick one to focus on due to both time and marketing. I don't want to pick one though... I want to draw comics, create jewelry, pottery, prints, custom terrariums, polymer figurines, and other stuff too.

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 03:30:51 AM »
@moonflame it seriously helps to write or sketch your ideas down when you have them, then you always have a starting point for your next sketch. I generally have a few "good" concept ideas a day randomly through the day, and if I'm near my phone or PC then I jot it down.
Same when I'm drawing, I have notepad open or paint and I just throw down my ideas as quickly as possible and then get back to my sketch that I'm currently on.
You wouldn't believe how much of a life saver it is. It's very hard to come up with an idea on the spot.
Second to that, getting inspiration from other artists or anywhere can be a good start for getting ideas. Like just browse through your favourite artists or look through pinterest.

funny talking of excercise, I notice sometimes that my body is actually stiffer or harder to control than other days, when I'm as light as a feather. I think that's at least 30% psychology that makes the difference, but there's a decent amount affected by fatigue, strain/injury, posture, and so on. So it's important to look after your body so it can actually perform at its best.

and importantly remember to take breaks when you spend a lot of time drawing.

@Robin
I have the exact same problem as you lol
fortunately I'm not too bothered to make a living on my craft, but deciding which crafts to focus on and how to split my time between art and other hobbies is an absolute nightmare.
I'm stuck artwise between manga stories, illustrations, webcomics, concept art, 3d designs, and so on XD
and then there is what style do I draw in......so many styles I like and want to draw!!!!!

I think it's best to just write them all down and then rotate them infrequently. I'm currently on sewing and papercraft, making notepads and little purses. But I'll be switching from sewing to knitting soon :P
I would say for selling, pick the genre that will sell the best, for the least amount of time invested, which will make the largest profits etc. Then you'll have more time to spend on your other hobbies which you aren't selling stuff of :P you have to be a little business minded, even if they are things you like, I think.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:36:21 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
Well, my iPad broke so MERDE.
Gonna go back to old fashioned pen and paper. Oh well. I can always try new stuff. I never needed new technology anyway. Tech is unreliable.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? Are you guys having a lucky Lunar New Year so far? I heard this year will be lucky :D
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2020, 09:27:21 PM »
Nuuuuu RIP Ipad. Sorry to hear that Hati.
Totally agree on tech being unreliable. Most frustrating thing when a program crashes on you mid-drawing.

I've been hanging in there. Thought it kinda funny how as soon as Lunar New Year ended all the red in the stores turned into pink.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »
It certainly hasn't been unlucky yet. Hopefully we can maintain at least that bar of quality.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2020, 03:27:42 PM »
Year is going. Nothing nasty, but I wish it could be a bit more... Epic? Ah we'll see.

Sorry about the Ipad

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2020, 11:26:06 PM »
Oh well. That's life for you.
Plus we should look on the bright side ;)
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »
Sort of in an eternal loophole just busy with regimens and stuff. I barely even have time to jump onto other topics and see what other raiders are writing and drawing haha.

The best I can offer now is a 'whats' up, hows' it hanging?'

Also I'm still unable to watch anime rn haha

Offline Suuper-san

• We'll see.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2020, 05:14:27 AM »
Yeah same, although I'm still on MR too much. it's my only social network haha.
Life's busy as always. I think one gets more done when you're busy though as you tend to cut out the useless stuff.
I can't seem to get my efficiency above 50% which is a pain. So my situation at the moment is aiming to have longer sessions of only-drawing. I tend to draw for 15 minutes then browse for a bit, draw for a bit, browse for a bit, which is really bad for productivity.
pffft anime, haven't seen it for years.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2020, 05:21:17 AM »
Hahaha if I learn Japanese to a reasonable level though i'll be able to get back to it. For now I'm doing what's always worked for me: Bing watching TV-Series I'm semi-invested in. Picking up Supernatural. I abandoned it at Season 10 and now it's on Season 15 hahahaha. I thought it'd been cancelled a long ago.

I did this before when going through Loomis. I watched two seasons of American Horror Story for that one and it was pretty nice to shut off.

lucky you. I'm on too many social networks. And I definitely need to use my time better. For now, I'm just chugging along

How the hell did I make this a long post lel