March 29, 2024, 01:26:46 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: the right size for things?  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: the right size for things?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 03:18:54 AM »
I had a look at your video and I notice that maybe you're drawing too small? it's hard to add details on a hand when you are working on the whole image, so I suggest zooming in more. Working with paper and pencil might help you better than digital, as digital has it's own problems that might hinder your learning.

It's good to see you are attacking the problem logically, and you do have an understanding of 3d space and how foreshortening works.

And your drawings looks pretty decent in terms of overall balance and composition, but they are quite sketchy, and low in detail. Trying drawing with thinner lines might help as well.

Another suggestion for you, which has helped me in the past, is to trace on paper the drawing you want to copy (not even all of it, just a part like the hands), and then see if your drawing looks right. If you can't trace it looking right, then your line control/coordination might need some improving. If the trace looks ok, then it's just how you perceive the orientation and length/proportion of what you are looking at. But you may find that after tracing, you will be able to copy that piece a lot better.

Try focusing on a small area of the drawing to try and get that right, like even just a single finger, and then afterwards you can work on more of a larger complete image. You might be trying to focus on too much and this can distract from being able to learn things.

When I copy a face, I practice drawing the eyes or nose separately first, and then I try and draw the whole face. This helps me to focus better on the details of each object/part.

All the best.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline cometsan

• no. https://cometsan.hateblo.jp/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 03:53:44 AM »
Heyyy it's super senseiii

yes, finally it seems like i'm hitting the right mark..

hmmm, im not sure if i want to "copy". it's kinda tedious and not exactly a technique i usually do.
but yeah sure, i AM trying to get the hand to look normal and the other hand and the whole thing...
guess that's why i am drawing in lines?
i'm kinda more comfortable with thicker lines. it's been like that all my life... it's ok right?

with my practice not working so well i defo prefer to be on digital first than down on paper...

if anything, i need like
fingers- hands- face- body ------------------------------propellers - machine

these to be drawn good.

a one for all solution kind of thing. not shortcuts.

if i u see my video i draw things separately too,
but when i start pulling the whole thing, they just feel awkward and horrible and i just wanna cry and breakdown really.

i wonder where's the mistake?

you say detail line control coordination and proportion but
i honestly have no idea how are those things? it seems very talent oriented than product oriented things...
like: it works when it works...not like

to get this you do this.

i d love to trace out of my mind, since i honestly have ruined so much paper with it.

maybe ill do more drawing single fingers too

honestly they never look well and i dont know how to make it look well, relative to the whole pictures...

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 04:15:59 AM »
it's fine to use thicker lines of course, it's your art after all :)

copying is just a stage of learning, it's hard to draw things from you imagination if you haven't drawn anything similar previously.

like: it works when it works...not like
At first it is like that - you suddenly draw a good drawing by "accident", but you get better over time, with practice, to control when it is good.

i honestly have ruined so much paper with it.
This is how much paper I have used, and the same amount again I have drawn on digital. It takes WORK!
And hardly any of that paper has any good sketches on it, just fragments of ideas and copies of photos and faces and stuff.

Just keep at it and you will be fine :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 05:03:05 AM »
wow...that's alot of paper.

the more reason ill stick to digital sensei.

you can take the paper championship...
i just wanna feel good about my finger drawings as good as kimjunggi slash konachan.net

what's my option other than tracing?

There are posable figures too, i can screencap and trace...
or maybe i make let's play and stuff and take pics and eh lol i mean.

it's just a hand...

i just need to nail this.

honestly i have copied quite alot.
they are straight ahead and spoils me alot and uh... idk i dont remember much i can use in this drawing thing.
if anything i reaally like these kinds of models and their simplicity

look at dem hands esp.

I feel like if i can somewhat

draw like this stuff on paper and get it correct in perspective all the time(kimjunggi)
i can just go on with my daily life and get on with, whatever jobs i need to do...
maybe actually retire and make this actually a hobby to my 9 5 jobs lel and play with it...

lel, i mean, i get to enjoy the first best sketch.

ya no?

i dont like having to adjust 3d models around cuz it's not direct enough but if it's fun enough i think ill get on it.
Which so far not much 3d software have been giving me that satisfaction as much as perfect handdrawing.

so the goal is like
this model x any view x any pose = everything i need in life.

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 05:04:02 AM »
wait im uploading youtube too for u to see

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 05:26:22 AM »
I had a look at your video and I notice that maybe you're drawing too small? it's hard to add details on a hand when you are working on the whole image, so I suggest zooming in more. Working with paper and pencil might help you better than digital, as digital has it's own problems that might hinder your learning.

and yeah im just trying to get the silhouettes and shape by shape correctly...
like polygons and stuff u kno.... in 3 dimensional space in any kinds of lens angle...

maybe ill learn while i story and music or something it looks fun but i honestly get mentally rekkd when the drawing gets wrong as a whole... it's so stapid...

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 06:15:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTgDvJc2zOs

here's vid

lots of stubby finger and i cant measure the right size to make correcc image

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 06:17:37 AM »
helllppp @suuper-san

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 07:42:16 AM »
no need to double post, you can edit your previous post to add comments :)
the thing is I'm still learning too and foreshortening is really hard, so I think your best bet is to try folloowing youtube tutorials by professional, or at least skilled, artists.
The thing about art compared to reality is, sometimes you can draw something correct, but it doesn't look nice, like sometimes feet in some poses don't look nice, so you have to alter the pose to look nice, rather than being correct.
So your problem might be that what you are trying to draw will never look nice because it's a pose/angle that doesn't look nice in real life.
I don't know, really >_<;

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 08:10:23 AM »
ah ye

i guess so...thanks for your help

i need something more practical... like a tool or something
funny thing is the tool i thought will work...also dont work as i see it in my mind.

Sighhhh

your imagination even betrays you IRL lel.

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 09:57:43 PM »
So supposedly

Well i was just sad not hate... or.
Welp im just sad...betrayed. tested for hate???

Anyway.

Ha

I mean...

Since VP 6 also have VP 1 inside it so technically all image is
Multi VPs?

Supposedly...
In my head is an image of VP nets and i am having hard time to use this visual image to my benefit of drawing precisely of objects as it is supposed to be...

Offline cometsan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2020, 01:46:05 AM »
back here again...

faces the same problem in drawing...3d posing in general....
how sometimes positioning looks wrong and physically impossible so, how to draw/pose a sensible and dynamic pose?

how are things placed to minimize weirdness?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2020, 10:11:26 AM »
look at a photo reference, or make the pose yourself to see if it's weird or not.
I google a lot of references "action pose artists reference", that kinda of thing. only copy the styles and the poses you like and you gain the experience to make them from the top of your head.