March 28, 2024, 04:42:03 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Trigun's Power Cell...things  (Read 13142 times)

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
Trigun's Power Cell...things
« on: July 31, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »
Except for VAsh and knives, they seem totally inhuman...what is everyone's opinion on them?

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
Re: Trigun's Power Cell...things
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »
Excuse me... WHO?!  :huh:
Work in progress: Everything.
Alternative title: Nothing.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:05:31 PM »
Well, apparently Vash and Knives were found as infants onboard a ship... they are obviously power plants, but no one really knows how they got to look human... whether it was a lab experiment, or whether there are humanoid plants in all the lightbulb looking things, who knows. They (Vash and Knives) did age very quickly (I think Vash is supposed to be 135 years old at the time of the anime). But, they both consider the power plants their brothers and sisters, so there's some sort of human-like intelligence.  BTW, they were abused while still children onboard ship... that's why Knives hates all humans now... he's not crazy about Vash either, since Vash once stole his angel arm (and Knives blew Vash's arm off, which is why it's sort of a cyber arm now).

A lot of this comes out in the manga, but was never mentioned in the anime.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 06:17:12 PM »
yes...and your opinion on them ? hmm?

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
I hated Knives... ruined the entire anime. Vash, I really liked him in the first few eps when Trigun was a comedy... I actually hated the anime after that... too brutal, too violent. Wolfwood was my favorite character, and they slaughtered him, so... :-)

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »
yea, it gets pretty bad near the end...but in the beginning it was great ^^

Knives= destroyer of humans and anime ^^

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
Well...sur ehas been a while since anyhing was posted here...well, MY opinion is that they seem pretty interesting in design, adn its kind of odd how Vash and Knives are 'related.

dawood

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »
Well...sur ehas been a while since anyhing was posted here...well, MY opinion is that they seem pretty interesting in design, adn its kind of odd how Vash and Knives are 'related.

of course they were wierd they weren't human... they seemed to grow very rapidly at first but as soon as they got to 21 they stopped growing.. lol..  they both had different experience which changed them both

tim was right they are powerplants... apparently male plants don't keep their human form they women folk turn into those lightbulb thingys

personally... i prefered the episodes when the gung ho guns were introduced and everything started to get serious....    is absolutely hated the first halfd of the series there story wasn't going anywhere and vash's wacky side wasn't funny at all it was extremely annoying and unbareable at times

nicholas d wolfwood was my favourite character... and Tim is such an ass for ruining the plot...

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »
I really enjoyed the sci-fi for tri-gun, and i only hated the second half because i felt sad about the deaths.

I have suspicions that they were abandoned technology, but i'm not so sure since they (Vash in particular) took such an active part in the scientific research team. Maybe they were created on Earth? The Power Cells, Vash and  Knives? They mystery is really in the air.

(Regardless of the aged graphics, and the twist from comedy to dark i think Trigun is a must watch for everyone)