April 19, 2024, 12:57:17 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 14745 times)

TyrantGojira

Deleted
« on: November 21, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:12:14 PM by TyrantGojira »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Need some ideas for mecha names
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:46:31 AM »
well taking ideas immediately from my other naming inspiration thread, its good to know where other writers got inspiration for the names that they chose for their characters, or in this case mecha. If you pick names that you like and find their origin, you might be able to use a similar origin point to come up with names of a similar style to the ones you like.

it sounds like you're creating a bit of a new type of mecha/power suit, what sort of names were you thinking of. like titles for individual suits or names for the type/brand of suit it is?
given that it's mechanical, putting letters or numbers might not be a bad idea, roman numerals kinda thing. Like a serial number.

You might get some nice naming methods and ideas from this thread http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,19664.0.html
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »
I guess it depends on their role in the story. If we're talking about something common place, a generic sort of naming pattern probably makes more sense (Mobile Suit Blank), for instance. But if you're going for something unique and grand, well, shoot for unique and grand. "Big O" comes to mind. It's special, and immediately evokes curiosity and wonder.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline danielsega

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:41:19 PM »
When the creators of the comic book the Punisher (Conway and Romita) where having trouble to come up with the name of the character, they went to Stan Lee and ask them for help with it.

So Stan asked what does he do.

They said, "he punish people that does wrong doing"

The Stan says "so there is his name"

You can see it with lots of naming convention, like Gundam wing, it's called wing cause it has wings.

If you are having trouble just further develp the story/character, it will come to you.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »
it's gonna be a unique idea that ill have,
Nope. If you want us to come up with a naming convention it will be a unique idea that one of us will have and you will use.

But with so many military shows, movies, and anime how can you come up with something unique as a naming convention?

I'll give you one that will make someone laugh if they figure it out. name them after Beanie babies. http://www.tycollector.com/beanies/beanie-roster.htm

Offline MoonFlame

• i used to be an adventurer, just like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 04:28:44 AM »
Well, i have never seen your story, maybe i could think about a good name if i did it, but even though i think there is no better person to create a name than you the creator of the story, who knows more about it than anyone, dont worry about creating the more legendary name you can think of, some of the most catching names i know are simple names, but so memorable that sticks to our head like glue, for example: McDonald's, Google, Dragon Ball and the sweetest name i ever heard: Bohemian Rhapsody, i dont even know what it means, but is an unforgettable name.

So just relax, no pressure and you will surely find a suitable title.
looks like that's it, got to go...