April 18, 2024, 01:33:04 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Hello my old Friends.  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
Hello my old Friends.
« on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
Hi dear Mangaraiders

It's been quite a long time right? Many members may not know me. I'm surely a urban legend.
I am Corinne, alias Corycaly, co funder and co admin of this forum with Hasitha. I used to draw a lot, wanted to be a manga artist but life had other plans for me. I've been a primary school teacher for more than 11 years now. I was a highschool Student when we started MR Forum. I slowly but surely stopped being active in forum as Real Life took over...but never stopped paying forum invoices lol.

Hasitha and me created MANGARAIDERS as a nice friendly place to share Our manga passion, far from the usual violence,  angst and negativity usually found in other forums. A place for everybody that slowly but surely became more than a community:a family.

Life hit me hard last friday. Life exploded in my face like a bazooka last friday.
My beloved dad passed away suddenly, Taken by a very agressive cancer that came out of nowhere at 66 years old. Taken in less than 3 months. Total powerlessness, total angst, hopes broken to dust.  Cancer destroyed everything.

My mother, my brother and me are broken, devastated. It hurts so much. We have now started the first days of the rest of our lives, without dad. So many things we won't live with him, so many words left unsaid. Bodies, hearts and minds to  heal and rebuild.

It's Time to connect to true Friends and family. I hope the MR family will open  her arms for me like it did for all those years. Thank you, dear Mangaraiders.
Corycaly.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:10:50 PM by Corycaly »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Hello my old Friends.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:05:08 AM »
Damn first rusinstein and now this. I'm so sorry for your loss Cory. I hope you were coming back under happier circumstances we've got your back. Whatever you need from distractions to talking about it we're here for you.

Also F*** Cancer.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 10:38:39 AM »
Well, Corycory was from a different MR AGE and a different generation than then our current generation here. Most of our early members had to move on because of real-life situations. But still, there are few out there who are active here.

In a way, it's better than suffer too long. I have been to local cancer hospital and it was not something you would want to see. But to close family it would be a real shock since it's so sudden. 

The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories becomes a memory. Gone too soon. Rest in peace.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
Way too many people have passed away in the lives of people I know recently.
I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Corycaly. MR family is always family no matter where you go nor how long you are away. It's good to see you again, although mixed feelings because of your sadness.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:46:56 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your father Co. It sucks ass losing a family member like that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That timeline is harsh, I hope you can all help each other continue on.

MR will always be here to welcome you back. You're without a doubt the spiritual mother of all raiders. Your legend has definitely lived on, so don't ever fear that you won't have a place here. None of us who are from back in the day will let that happen.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 05:00:35 PM »
Thanks a lot for all your kind messages. Life is a bazooka that exploses in your face out of nowhere.
It's a lesson to never forget: take Care of your Friends and familles. Enjoy each day.
Plant each day a seed of happiness.
Today, I bought cheap alcohol pens. I was with my mother buying some food and I saw them.I learnt how to draw with my father. It's time to start again. One step a day. One day after the other.
Tomorrow, I will tell you about my travel to Sri Lanka in August 2018. Yep, After 13 or 14 years, Hasith and me finally met!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:04:21 PM by Corycaly »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 04:08:23 AM »
Oh yeah I vaguely remember something like that happening haha.

Oh I don't think I heard of alcohol pens until now. It's cool that you learnt to draw with your father. It's something nice to hold on to.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 12:55:43 PM »
That's a lovely memory to have.
I've got some Prima-somethings or Perma-something markers and most of them still work from several years ago. I still keep trying to use them to no avail :|
I look forward to seeing some art!
Whaaaaaat, you hadn't met up to that point? I thought you actually knew each other irl XD That'd be great to hear about.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
It happened in August 2018. It's time to share that historical moment with you guys ^^

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 03:34:22 PM »
Can't wait to hear about it Co! (There was quite the meet up of raiders in Munich this year as well. I finally met Lego face to face! (spoiler alert: he's tiny!) I'll have to get some pictures up on here soon).

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
(Hey hey hey there's a difference between being tiny and you being built like the freaking terminator!)

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 09:55:02 PM »
Our condolences, may he rest in peace.
Welcome back to the fold hope we're able to bring a smile back to your face:)
-Action Animation