November 19, 2019, 09:09:16 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Can games be adapted into anime?  (Read 110 times)

Offline TyrantGojira

• Learning to become an anime writer one day
    • View Profile
Can games be adapted into anime?
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:58:45 PM »
Hi, everyone i'm back with some more questions that i want to know this time i want to know if say your an anime writer or manga artist and you wanted to put a game character or put a game into your anime story or make an anime adaptation about it now i know some people will think it's a crazy idea or an impossible idea but i want to know is, is it possible for it to be achieved does an anime story have to be popular or have an interesting idea of incorporating the idea into the anime without making the collaboration a mess hopefully you guys have an answer to this.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Can games be adapted into anime?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 06:17:32 AM »
Well Angry Birds was made into a movie, and I'm sure that's not the only game that was adapted into a movie or anime.

There is no impossible in writing, in terms of "is X going to be popular" or "is X an interesting idea". One should think in terms of "how can I made X popular", and "how can I make X look interesting". It's all down to the skill of the writer and how they present the idea.

The problem is more an issue of copyright I would have thought, like can you actually use someone elses character like Mario or something in your story without getting sued by the creators. For writing a fanfic or something then usually it's not an issue (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you're leaning into making money from the idea then you going to hit copyright issues for sure I'm imagining. Each company and creator has different standards about what they will allow to be done with their intellectual property.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline TyrantGojira

• Learning to become an anime writer one day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
Well as long as it's possible i'm good with the answer.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 04:24:35 PM »
On board with Suuper here. After all, there are plenty of successful adaptations of properties from one format to another. We often see this in the form of books getting turned into movies, and while that can go either way, it's clearly possible for it to go right.

For a specific Game Into Anime case, look no further than the hyper successful adaptation of Pokemon. What started as a straight up video game quickly took over the world thanks in massive part to the success of the anime based on the games. From my own personal memories of growing up in the 90's, the pokemon anime was the first wave by a country mile. You couldn't track down a kid who didn't watch the show. Fewer actually bought the trading cards, and fewer still actually had the gameboys to play the games, but the love of the show that the games inspired was pretty much universal.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF