February 25, 2020, 12:16:15 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Anime ideas  (Read 223 times)

Offline TyrantGojira

• Learning to become an anime writer one day
    • View Profile
Anime ideas
« on: November 17, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
Hi, i wanted to ask this some what important question if your an anime writer or a creator and you wanted to add more ideas or concepts to your anime story could you go to other people or your friends for help, i get that the majority of anime writers have to create their own things but can they also relay on people and concepts of other anime to make their's better and if so are they still considered anime writers if they ask for help from other people/writers/anime. 

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Anime ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand the question. Are you asking if it's OK to share your idea and have other people comment on it, then use that feedback to change your idea?

Relying on other people, asking about opinions from other people and even copying other people is how every artist operates. There is a difference between being lazy and stealing an idea and being smart and stealing the essence of an idea. Every piece of art or work is an iteration of the whole of art in the past - the important thing is to say it in your voice.

Also I really think no matter how much you tried copying an idea 1 to 1 will never work out - you'll always have to add your personal touch to it, or it will just be ignored by people who enjoyed the original idea.

Offline TyrantGojira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
I'm asking if i can ask for help whenever i'm trying to make an anime like ask my friends for some help on advice or to add anything to the story because i'm wanting to become an anime writer and i have ADHD so it makes it hard for me to think some ideas on my own but i still can but sometimes i can't i want my anime to be the best so people can enjoy it and it can also make me happy since im trying to find a cure for myself since i have really bad OCD i'm doing it for myself and for my love of anime as well as making people enjoy my anime.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 06:08:20 PM »
What story idea do you have?

Offline TyrantGojira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 07:01:27 PM »
Currently i'm still trying to learn how to write anime and i need to read alo't light novels before i could really understand anime writing but for my first anime light novel i'm going for a horror themed since i love Japanese horror

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »
Japanese horror is pretty good stuff. Which is your favourite light novel you've read?

Offline TyrantGojira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »
Currently my first light novel is Another by yukito ayatsuji it's a horror light novel
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:39:04 PM by TyrantGojira »

Online suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 02:16:46 AM »
it's good to take advice from others, but at the same time you don't want to be a slave to them and design exactly what they want instead of what you want - it won't be fun for you to do that.
So a mix is nice. It's OK to not take advice sometimes as well if you feel it doesn't suit your work or style, but you have to be careful when rejecting ideas as they might be useful in some way or form.
we're always here on the forum to share ideas and get feedback off of each other so you're always welcome to discuss your ideas here.

I've seen the anime for Another, it was not bad :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Hi, i wanted to ask this some what important question if your an anime writer or a creator and you wanted to add more ideas or concepts to your anime story could you go to other people or your friends for help, i get that the majority of anime writers have to create their own things but can they also relay on people and concepts of other anime to make their's better and if so are they still considered anime writers if they ask for help from other people/writers/anime.
Can they plagiarize? They sure can.
We have left the golden age of anime and are in the consumer age. This means that commercial anime is often plagiarize by number. Focus groups and copying what is successful has created this. Every fighting anime these days is a generic reskin. Black Clover, My Hero Academia, etc really shows how bad this is getting. All the characters are copies with slight graphic differences, all the plots are the same, all the abilities are copies. It has been bad enough for so long that TV Tropes has a shonen Anime template.

Do keep in mind that the golden age of anime also started out plagiarism heavy with anime creators copying American movies. Blackmagic M66 = Terminator. Lillycat = The Thing+ Alien, Dog Soldier = Rambo, etc.

So it comes down to do you want to do something good or do you want to do something successful? Success at the high levels is often copy and paste. The days of single ep anime or anime that are just a few eps is long gone. There are a lot of companies who are copying Hollywood's low risk pablum model. 

So if you dream of one day seeing your work actually animated your odds are better if you put out a Naruto Bleach Z copy than if you come out with something fresh and new.
No one will respect you for it but who cares about respect when you are rich.