February 18, 2020, 09:32:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Looking for Writer! Colab!  (Read 476 times)

Offline RobinVie

• View Profile
Looking for Writer! Colab!
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
Hi there,

I'm looking for a writer for an undefined personal project. The idea is to start an idea from scratch so that both the writer and the artist (me) are properly invested in the project and work in tandem. Nevertheless if you already have your own idea, feel free to pitch it but.. it's also an unpaid job for me, so keep in mind that I will never take an idea unless it completely pulls me in.

At the moment I'm available to work 24/7 and I'll be for probably the next year as well, that's the reason I want to tackle this type of project now. I can pull a full chapter a week given time to adjust to the artstyle. Before I was working in game dev mostly.

My preference would be for a steampunk themed (kinda like last exile) battle shounen with focus on melee combat, that's what I wanted to make initially but juggling between art and writing proved to be harder than I thought (mostly because I saw myself reading through a lot of writing books to learn properly). But I'm open to ideas.

Although this is an unpaid job, I'm looking for someone that at least studied his form of art (writing in this case), I'm not asking for a diploma, I'm just asking for some basic knowledge (for example if you have to ask what tempo in manga means, don't even bother otherwise I'd write it myself instead of looking for a teammate).

I know some people ask me about my artstyle, but I think that question is irrelevant, any artist with good fundamentals can adapt to any artstyle. I'd prefer to adapt the artstyle to the story than to do it the other way around which would make no sense imo.

For references about my art google search "robinvieart". I don't believe I'm allowed to post links yet unfortunately.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my post! ;D

Offline DaBlackGoku

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Writer! Colab!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
Hello, I came across your post and I'm interested in working on a project with you. I actually made a post on here a few years back looking for an artist for my manga, and I think you'd be perfect. I already have an entire setting, characters, story set up and I'd love to implement some of your ideas as well (a steampunk battle shounen would work well with my story).

If you're interested you can pm me, if you want more info on my story here is the link to the post I made back in the day, https://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16587.msg266994.html#msg266994

Offline Helgrim

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Writer! Colab!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 09:00:26 PM »
Hi, I wish to work with you as I've been looking for someone to help with writing and making a comic or manga. I have found that I work very well with other people instead of myself. I have knowledge on how comic scrips work. I really want to tell stories and at first I wanted to look at comics but that market is dying at the moment and Manga and Anime has always interested me.

I Actually like the idea of starting from the Ground up as previous projects I've done when that was the method I really enjoyed it. But none of them were finished as the other person ran away with it and took complete credit or didn't finish
I can work in pretty much any genre Ranging from Hard Sci-Fi to Sappy Romance and To light heart comedy to Gut wrenching Tragic Horror. No Genre is Safe from The Helgrim.

I just Love to tell stories. So let me know if you want to work with me? And if you have any other questions let me know.