September 21, 2019, 02:51:17 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Toxic gaming  (Read 146 times)

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
Toxic gaming
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:19:36 PM »
So i know why people rage and yell but why make it personal. I asked this because earlier i was playing gta and it was 3 v1 me being one and on a new character rp 40 they were like 113 and up i say this because they were killing me until i split them up and i was coming out on top and i was talking the usual trash like your trash. Then they invite me into party chat i came in with friendly intention like you guys are trash but in the way you talk to a friend and immediately the racial slurs and for you guys that dont know my mom passed in april when one said they hope she dies i told them and they kept going the whole 6 to 10 mins i was there i didnt throw one insult so why do people do things like this like i said i understand raging but things like that i dont understand. So if you know a guy i know his psn is lordrobert10 a mexican guy avoid him and his group they are toxic.

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
Re: Toxic gaming
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:31:56 AM »
So if you know a guy i know his psn is -REDACTED- a mexican guy avoid him and his group they are toxic.

Don't go posting someone else's personal information to the public, even if they're outright toxic. Never stoop onto their level and definitely don't give them anymore attention they probably might already had.

Any online game you go, you're bound to find toxic players - it's natural. If the game you're playing had a report and/or block feature, use it at will and play on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:57:11 AM by DeAngelus »
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »
when people are relatively anonymous, they lose their inhibitions. and mostly that's for the worse, like always. I'd quit the chat straight away if you get that sort of treatment from anyone again, it's not worth your time to try and talk it out. face to face, maybe, but the internet and hiding behind usernames isn't great for bringing out the best in people.

I wouldn't call somone's username personal info although I'm not into gaming so maybe it's more connected to the person than I realise. To be honest like I said it doesn't take a lot time to recognize a toxic player/group and just plain leave them alone, that's the best action at the end of the day. you can chose your friends and association, don't waste your time with people like that.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »
I said his name because a few others ran into them and had virus put on their system and ruined them. This isnt the first run i had with them i just avoid them and the fact that they not only attack people verbaly they use dirty tricks to brick consoles. My xbox is bricked due to them but that was like a year and a half ago so i let it go but they got banned from xbox live but i have seen them in lobbies and avoided them but people still are being attacked by them.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »
Yeah the best plan is to just ignore and quarantine them. Denying people a platform to be an asshole on is the best way to silence them. I also always do my best to output positivity online, gaming or otherwise. You got to actively counter them sometimes. Just keep your head up, and don't let them say *censored*. You'll be better for it in the end.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:59 AM »
Yea i avoid them but today one of the crew apologized. I expect trash talk but i hate when people try and make it personal i mean it was a little girl playing and not the same guys but a random person was just attacking her the poor child was crying i say that because she wasnt doing anything but asking for help with the controls and at first i was amused with the back and foruth but then this grown man was trying to break her at first it was them trash talking not even bad and then he kept targeting her and came the verbal abuse Why it senseless for such hate to something ment to bring joy its the reason i hardly speak in game.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:44:28 PM »
Being behind a keyboard gives you a lot of power. And think some people get caught up in a power trip over it. It's easier to be cruel towards people that you may never see again, especially if you can control whether or not you see them again.

In real life, if you mess with somebody, they could follow you, they could come to your house, they could be people you have to deal with everyday so you see them the next day. So you treat those relationships differently knowing that you can't control whether or not you'll see them again. If a grown man was to bully a little girl in real life, it could be a serious FBI open up kind of thing, so he wouldn't do that, but over a video game, that same risk isn't there, and it feels empowering.

Ultimately they do it because they can. They don't really need much more of a reason.

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 09:29:15 PM »
Yea i see that alot and im not foing to lie its been times where i wished i had the hackers know how to find them but then i think whats the point to do these things just shows who they are one day they will look back and hate what they have done. I know people troll for fun but it would seem to me like they would know when they are going to far. Like the girl she was crying and everybody was telling him to mellow out but he kept going, what is the fun in it. I understand what your saying but for the kids and young adults like 17 to 19 i worry maybe if anyone is close to my age 29 you remember when online gaming took off it was some hate but in a competitive way.(shut up grandpa) but i want to leave with this if you have done this before know that some of what you are saying can and sometimes hurt even if you are doing it for fun you dont have to like or love everyone thats no fun but respect them. Its cool in my book to trash talk but its away about doing it.