December 02, 2020, 03:44:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hati's Inventory  (Read 12412 times)

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
Re: Hati's Inventory
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2020, 02:28:29 PM »
Ok guys!
I have been inactive because school started and it's very exhausting. I no longer have as much time as I used to to work on my projects. Nowadays, I can only do my comic on the weekends.
 :noidea:
Oh well, what can you do? I want to work on art 8-10 hours a day but I can't because it's not my job; it's a dream that will take a lot of work to make real.
So, yeah. Here's what I've been doing when I have time.

I got back into sculpting!
Started with this black wolf. I am not the best sculptor in the world, but I have improved a lot (first sculpture was a cat, but now it's lost).
I am currently making another one of a dog. ;)
Sculpting is really hard because you want to get the anatomy right, otherwise it will look like a 5-year-old made it. I am using air dry clay and cheap acrylics.
After sculpting this, I realized that I have a talent for sculpting animals and not drawing them. Isn't that weird?
I want to sculpt more animals (mainly dogs). Let's see how far I can go :D
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »
Cool sculpture Hati! I totally get what you mean when discovering a greater skill in sculpture than drawings. I always found that clay was exceptionally easy to work as opposed to a pencil (for instance). Something about how the hands are wired up just makes the tactile response you get from clay click in your brain.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2020, 10:55:43 AM »
That's a pretty normal to be better at sculpting rather than drawing.  YanSculps actually goes over this in his video https://youtu.be/GOOHn83BYCI.  Although you can be good at both, especially if you start with drawing

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
Nice wolf! looking pretty good!
I plan to give a try at sculpting in the future, seems a lot of fun.

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
Thank you!
Yes, sculpting can be hard especially when the clay cracks or gets too dry. I suggest you start with small projects because when I first tried sculpting I wasted so much clay on a big piece. Don't use more than you need because clay dries very quickly.

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2020, 04:18:56 PM »
Cool sculpture Hati! I totally get what you mean when discovering a greater skill in sculpture than drawings. I always found that clay was exceptionally easy to work as opposed to a pencil (for instance). Something about how the hands are wired up just makes the tactile response you get from clay click in your brain.
Thank you ^^
That's a pretty normal to be better at sculpting rather than drawing.  YanSculps actually goes over this in his video https://youtu.be/GOOHn83BYCI.  Although you can be good at both, especially if you start with drawing
Thanks for the video. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm going to.
What weird is that I started with a pencil on animals instead of sculpting them. I think 3d stuff is a lot more interesting than drawing because it's physical, and you can touch it.
Thanks for taking an interest.

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
Thank you!
Yes, sculpting can be hard especially when the clay cracks or gets too dry. I suggest you start with small projects because when I first tried sculpting I wasted so much clay on a big piece. Don't use more than you need because clay dries very quickly.

I see. Thanks for the tip! i'll keep it in mind when i start sculpting  :D
keep up the good work!

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2020, 03:11:36 AM »
ooohhhh snazzy sculpture!!
Looks really good!
I always want to try it out but I never do :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2020, 09:20:32 PM »
ooohhhh snazzy sculpture!!
Looks really good!
I always want to try it out but I never do :P
Thank you!
Yeah sculpting can be a pain in the ass especially when trying to find time for it. I always reserve a weekend just for sculpting and nothing else. It's fun.

UPDATE:
I have finished chapter 1 of my manga. So excited to post it here. Here is the cover for a spoiler:

I will not say what it is about yet, and I can't post any pages yet because some of the image quality is bad and I need to rephotograph the pages. The comic is all traditional art, done in a sketchbook, and mixed media. I have worked my ass off to produce chapter 1 which went on for more than 6 months. Please wait patiently and I will get it done soon. :)

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2020, 08:08:16 PM »
I drew some wolves! It's been a long time since I've drawn these beautiful creatures, but I drew them and they look good. So, here they are:

First one is a drawing of me (my soul), second one is inspired by the Finnish artist Sanna Annukka.
Wolves are my family and when I see them I feel something that I can't describe. I don't see them as animals. I always saw myself as a dark colored wolf in a concrete jungle, as my fascinations with wolves imprinted on me as a little kid.
To draw wolves, I watch youtube videos and copy their movements. Youtube is a valuable tool as it shows wolf behavior and locomotion. There aren't as many wolves as there used to, so I watch videos of them instead. I study both captive and wild animals.

Wolves are not dogs. They aren't monsters either. They are wild and the things that they do that are friendly can be mistaken for aggression. Please do your research before putting wolves in fiction or getting close to them.

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2020, 04:07:10 AM »
wow that second one is bursting with details! I love it!
it's definitely good to be inspired by other artists styles as you can really improve the range of work that you produce.
looking forward to more!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »
wow that second one is bursting with details! I love it!
it's definitely good to be inspired by other artists styles as you can really improve the range of work that you produce.
looking forward to more!
Thank you ^^