February 21, 2020, 09:00:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 47109 times)

Offline suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #480 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:20 AM »
Ahhhhh I see. Fluid huh.
Yeah copying other players habits is probably the best way to do it. Like do they keep their distance, how do they move and so on.
I remember I must have been about 14 when I first tried to make an AI for an RTS I was making. Neither the RTS nor the AI got finished in the slightest XD, but it got me really thinking how does an AI work, especially when there are multiple characters working together, like troops in a castle or something. is it one AI that controls the whole lot, or individual AIs that all function individually. Fun stuff.

I'm always up to be a beta tester if you want :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 31, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
I will definitely keep you in mind.

My Ai actually follows a single invisible entity called the "Team Actor". The team actor can walk towards the objective and the AI can choose to follow it, go on flank routes or take the high ground individually. The team actor allows them to make decisions as a team and as an individual.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 31, 2019, 05:14:52 PM »
Ahhhh super cool. even the name sounds cool haha

whats great about being able to control the difficulty of AI is you can then have difficulty levels for the entire game, beginner,expert and so on. Which means the game has replayability value even for people that have cleared it.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2020, 01:42:08 PM »
Well I'm back in class for my last year, and now I have 3 open-ended painting classes. I decided to buy a gigantic canvas. 40 x 60 inches (1m x 1.5m). I'm interested in doing scenes with multiple figures, so naturally I thought that may be easier with a larger canvas.

In Blade Regalia, I'm still gradually build up characters. There are some characters that haven't been fully designed yet, but may be better fit for the prototype. For instance, I'm avoiding characters who use pets or have any transformation ability because that could double the workload regarding modeling and animating multiple bodies for a single character. A lot of characters are getting long awaited updates to their design.

Svetlana

Sabrina

Moline

Samantha

Behemoth

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2020, 08:55:09 PM »
Looking good Kesashi! Can't wait to see what you do with that huge canvas! Be sure to keep us updated!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2020, 04:18:12 AM »
Man that canvas is giving me some big thoughts. I love blank paper/ canvases haha, but I've never painted before. Must be a cool thing!

Samantha and Svetlana (left) are my favourite. You have pretty cool design Kesashi. I love how recognizeable your style is.

Also, getting the feeling I should probably watch RWBY again

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 24, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
man that's a huge canvas.
especially for me since I always work on A4 or digital.

yes special cases of characters which involve extra work or code are an absolute nightmare haha.
My WIP processing method is useless at special cases haha.

Awesome characters and very big changes you've made to their designs. I sort of like all of them, although it's clear you've improved in skill and accuracy from the older ones.

Offline Basic

• Mr Basic
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »
Well I'm back in class for my last year, and now I have 3 open-ended painting classes. I decided to buy a gigantic canvas. 40 x 60 inches (1m x 1.5m). I'm interested in doing scenes with multiple figures, so naturally I thought that may be easier with a larger canvas.

In Blade Regalia, I'm still gradually build up characters. There are some characters that haven't been fully designed yet, but may be better fit for the prototype. For instance, I'm avoiding characters who use pets or have any transformation ability because that could double the workload regarding modeling and animating multiple bodies for a single character. A lot of characters are getting long awaited updates to their design.

Svetlana

Sabrina

Moline

Samantha

Behemoth

Kekashi! Good to know you're still working too, welcome back to class lol
your Molina annual progress update was theraputic to look at, your cel shading has improved too. Your Svetlana has a look that captures me for some reason, maybe it's just the platinum hair and green eye combo. Fave pic is Svet on the left though, on the dress particularly - no hue shift, but subtle value shift and harder value shift on the layers creates such a nice look. Taking notes!

I noticed you're even subtler with hue variation on skin, daring to push only when we get ambient occlusion in some places like under her chin. Is it an intentional thing stylistically, I can see you're prioritising design over render in your ...designs  :D but if not then maybe it's worth some value studies, I think with your style you'd really benefit from them.

MORE SVETLANA, PLS.
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 04, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »
I'm going to be making some radical changes to Blade Regalia. I want to focus on what makes Blade Regalia special and emphasize what most people probably imagined when they first learned about it. The idea of weaponized clothing is what I believed made Blade Regalia what it is, but I may have abandoned that for the more "safe" state that it's in now. Right now it's just fancy clothing with medieval fantasy combat, which could be interesting if I pushed my skills with fashion design further, but raw fashion design has never been my goal.

Essentially I want the vision for the project to focus on the idea of clothing as a weapon. For example: rather than having a dress and a sword, the dress is the sword. It's not ideal to make changes like this 3 years into the project, but I know if I don't make this change now I'll regret it in the future. For the most part this is a visual/lore change and not a game design change. The game is already built to make replacing assets easy, so it isn't much of a setback in terms of the prototype.

This vector drawing was done for a class. (No prompt). I didn't end up showing it, I showed a different piece. This is a picture of a character named Daniela (in blade regalia). I've drawn her a few times. She deals with a lot of self-loathing which may seem ironic because she uses a mirror was a weapon.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2020, 03:07:27 AM »
Big news, a demo/prototype build of Izabel is available to download and play for free on the official website. This is just for testing purposes. Feel free to let me know if you find crazy bugs in it, or also how you feel about the game and its potential.

https://www.playizabel.com/download.html

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 09, 2020, 03:53:50 AM »
naturally I instantly download.
stay tuned for a report :)

report: I cant play it.
-i click on IsabelRelease.exe
-screen goes black
-the title music starts playing (not every time though)
-screen goes back to normal but my mouse control is wacky (not every time though)
-I get these messages
some of the time:

every time:

-The program closes and my mouse returns to normal control.

(I have a decent PC but no dedicated graphics card)
(OS Win 7 64 Professional)

Based on the message, I assume it's trying to access a file that isn't bundled in the .rar?

This is one of the annoying things of programming - "It works fine on my PC but not on anyone else's"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:03:00 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 09, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
naturally I instantly download.
stay tuned for a report :)

report: I cant play it.
-i click on IsabelRelease.exe
-screen goes black
-the title music starts playing (not every time though)
-screen goes back to normal but my mouse control is wacky (not every time though)
-I get these messages
some of the time:

every time:

-The program closes and my mouse returns to normal control.

(I have a decent PC but no dedicated graphics card)
(OS Win 7 64 Professional)

Based on the message, I assume it's trying to access a file that isn't bundled in the .rar?

This is one of the annoying things of programming - "It works fine on my PC but not on anyone else's"

This is actually really awesome to know. I'm sure a lot of people are having this issue and haven't told me. Some quick research I've found this error message can come up with PCs that have a graphics card but it is a graphics-card-related issue with the engine that I may be able to fix by distributing the game differently.

It's going to be hard for me to test personally because all my PCs have graphics cards. First world problems right. So I'm going to create a new build that isn't expecting you to have Directx11 or Directx12. It looks like there is an installer inside the download for the runtime files that you may be missing (I actually didn't realize that was there). It's kind of hidden in Izabel/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2020, 02:19:34 AM »
Awesome can't wait!
Yeah I'm not a big gamer at all so a graphics card wasnt a big need for me. It's good to make a build for a large a market as possible but it usually does involve building for all sorts of PCs and problems, like making websites that work on browsers without JavaScript enabled, for example :)

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »
Yeah I build my PCs for developing games which means I usually have to go above the specs for gaming in terms of RAM and CPU. The first PC I used Unreal Engine on would freeze and crash a lot just due to the ram being too low.

This version doesn't have a lot of the basic things we take for granted in games like being able to change the controls because I just really wanted to have something tangible for the public. So for the next release I will be adding the compatibility options that are missing. So I'll release it much later.