September 21, 2019, 03:45:52 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hati's Inventory  (Read 289 times)

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
  • Ssssnakes are ssssssnacks
    • View Profile
Hati's Inventory
« on: September 09, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
Here's just some of my art. I do mainly traditional and most (but not all), of my art is in pen and watercolor:

From left to right: Jung, Bora, Jong-ho, and Seo-jun(yes that's his teeth).

I have an affinity for snakes.

Jong-ho fighting in high heels.

Oh and this is nothing. :P
It's a lizard.

Thanks for looking and please tell me what y'all think. ^^
~Hati
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:13:17 PM by Hati »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Hati's Inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:53 PM »
snakes are cool, and nice lizard. you've got a nice amount of patience to draw each of the scales!!! The snakes look pretty accurate too with their fangs and mouth and whatnot.
I don't do watercolour so I can't comment on technique, but all those coloured pieces look great!
keep it up!!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:43:46 PM »
snakes are cool, and nice lizard. you've got a nice amount of patience to draw each of the scales!!! The snakes look pretty accurate too with their fangs and mouth and whatnot.
I don't do watercolour so I can't comment on technique, but all those coloured pieces look great!
keep it up!!
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it ;)

For the lizard, I just split up the back into 3rds and drew the scales with their curves. The legs and head were easy since they're just a bunch of tiny oval scales that overlap.

The 3rd painting I did was done all in only two colors (red and blue) with blotting to show hightlights in the hair. If you get a desaturated orange color and mix it with very dark blue, you can get this blackish color that is great for shadows and greyscale.

Thanks again and hope you have a wonderful day. ^^

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »
Its good your doing diffrent poses and faces it helps in the long run but im not the one to say anything about poses but good stuff keep it up

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 05:18:24 PM »
awesome tips! I'll try it out if I ever do painting :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 05:13:23 PM »
Oh wow! I really admire you people that can do watercolour.
I also like that you're not afraid of drawing groups of characters together.

Do you sketch out the drawing with pencil first or do you use the pen right away?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 07:02:49 PM »
I wonder that myself because i do to many diffrent things i use the block and bubble methods i use the scribble witch is my favourite but they always look stiff

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »
Oh wow! I really admire you people that can do watercolour.
I also like that you're not afraid of drawing groups of characters together.

Do you sketch out the drawing with pencil first or do you use the pen right away?

Hi there!
Yes I do use a pencil before I ink with pen. For comics, I use a non-photo blue pencil but if it's just character sketches or full watercolor paintings, then I use an H pencil which gives light lines that you can erase easily.
For pens, I use Sakura pens of many different sizes. They're great materials.
Hope this answers your question.
:)

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 09:10:41 PM »
Im heavey handed so water colors are a no no and colored pencils just dont work for me i have alot what colors do you use for the skin mine comes out orange or a wierd brown so i dont color traditionally.

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »
Im heavey handed so water colors are a no no and colored pencils just dont work for me i have alot what colors do you use for the skin mine comes out orange or a wierd brown so i dont color traditionally.
Yeah, skin color can be tricky.
I suggest using a very  dilated (light) orange for the base color. NEVER use red for base color unless a person is sick, cold (like in the Alps), drunk, or angry. You should only use red for the lips and tongue. Use a dilated red for the lips first, and then layer and layer the red till you get the value you want.

Next, do the light shadows by using a light warm brown. These shadows are usually under the eyebrow, lower eyelid, nose, and lower lip. Of course, this can change base on how much pigment a person's skin has, or the lighting situation (desert light, night club light, etc) which can make a face look yellow, red, green, blue, etc. It also depends on where the light is coming from (above, below, etc).

Finally, do the really dark shadows which are on the neck and jaw. But always start out light, or you will fail. For these shadows use blue and other cool tones. Blue is very good for shadows.

Hope this helps. Be sure to practice if you wanna get better.
^^ Hati

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »
NEVER use red for base color unless a person is sick, cold (like in the Alps), drunk, or angry.
So, use red all of the time?

just kidding XD
great tips on shading :P

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
Warning: These images might break your computer. I cannot make them smaller at this time.

Spoiler

This was just a short comic I did in my sketchbook. I will post the other two pages later.

NEVER use red for base color unless a person is sick, cold (like in the Alps), drunk, or angry.
So, use red all of the time?

just kidding XD
great tips on shading :P

Haha lol! Yeah if your person's a sick mess then it's okay to use red. I'm glad you found my tips helpful.
^^ Hati
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:47:25 PM by Hati »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
absolutely lovely. coloured comics are always a plus, and a lovely watercolour style to boot.
such a great little underwater vehicle - it looks like a car that turns into a submarine? somehow I get the feeling it's pedal powered XD

and great idea putting the dates on your work. when you look back it'll help to know when you did stuff to see how much you've improved.

to make images smaller using the img bbcode, type the width or the height you want and the forum will scale it down!
for example:
Code: [Select]
[img width=350]www.site.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:48 PM »
absolutely lovely. coloured comics are always a plus, and a lovely watercolour style to boot.
such a great little underwater vehicle - it looks like a car that turns into a submarine? somehow I get the feeling it's pedal powered XD

and great idea putting the dates on your work. when you look back it'll help to know when you did stuff to see how much you've improved.

to make images smaller using the img bbcode, type the width or the height you want and the forum will scale it down!
for example:
Code: [Select]
[img width=350]www.site.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]

Okay thanks.  ;)

Offline Hati

• Snakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »
So, I'm starting a manga, I have the story down, and a few pages, the problem is I'm very disorganized so there's a lot of back and forth work. Also, I'm a sophomore in high school and have homework every night, so yeesh. That's a pain in the ass  :thumbsdown:

Anyway, here is what I have so far. I do have pages but not much yet so, I'll just talk about the characters:

Here is the height chart for my characters.
From left to right: Jong-ho, Jung, Bora, Seo-jun, Force, Toothless.

The story is called IDOL: Recalled to the Light  and it is about a dysfunctional band.

Here is the lead female and main protagonist of the story. She is called Bora. Bora is very androgynous and has a weird sense of humor, humor that no one understands. Kinda like Kurt Vonnegut. Bora has a mysterious past and does not like to talk about it that much. If you're wondering about the sword, she knows martial arts. Don't touch that sword 'cos she will kill you. Bora does not smoke. She has an unlit cigar in her mouth so she can look cool, but not get cancer. She drinks because it's cool. She hates the color pink. 

Here are the brothers Jong-ho (left) and Jung (right). They do not get along well, but respect each other. Jung is one year older than Jong-ho.

Here is Jong-ho in the fog. He is a dweeb. He likes men. Even though he is also a protagonist, he is not the main one and his sexuality will not be playing a main role in the story. Why does he like men? I dunno. I made him that way. Jong-ho is a soft boy. He writes in his journal everyday. He is perverted, but in ways you wouldn't suspect. He's conservative, and gets mad when people cuss or say things that are politically incorrect. He also has a feminine side, but likes to keep it to himself. He knows how to fit in with society, by not revealing too much about himself to others.

Here is Jung. This is not my best drawing of him because I messed up the anatomy. Ugh *slaps myself*.
Anyway, Jung is not his real name. His real name is Byung-ho but he calls himself "Jung" because it's easier for others to pronounce. He has a weird fashion sense. He likes erotica and reads eroctica in public (like Kakashi). Jung has a st-st-st-st-stutter (no, I am not making fun of stutterers, this is how he actually sounds when he talks. And I have one too). He fidgets a lot, and is often late to events. Sometimes, he finds his work so interesting that he forgets to eat, comb his hair, or even take a crap. He gets into arguments with his brother about these things and for cussing because he gets mad easily. Jung likes to write music and sing. And he always wears a mask, even when he's sleeping. He is a funny guy.

This is Seo-jun ( and NO!!! he is not based off of Harry Potter). He wears glasses, but won't have them on for the first part of the story. He is your average guy who plays the guitar, and Bora's next door neighbor. Seo-jun can be nice, but he never smiles. Seo-jun  believes that the world is a terrible place and that everything sucks. He is not open to other people's opinions and can be very cold sometimes. Seo-jun is also a dweeb. He thinks that he is the greatest and that nothing bad will happen to him. He dresses like a middle-aged man.

Feel free to give feedback. ^^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:00:23 PM by Hati »