October 20, 2019, 04:33:19 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD  (Read 454 times)

Offline Vyunare

• The neon Demon strikes back
    • View Profile
just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD
« on: August 24, 2019, 01:46:02 PM »
Hi there, sooo I'm drawing for quite a while now but my sketches aren't that good in my opinion but I just want to know what others think. I just created this acc. so pls have mercy. This were actually my first attempt on making a working sketch and were done like in an hour... I realised I based much on the original pic so the second picture is my remastered version which took 10 hours of remodelling and shading... this is even the first picture I tried (and found) the water and air brush tool on my programm... also there is a story down below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B1cc8c9YjtUBeJc86

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1iT6Es4MUGSYJWC37

I had hope and in my eyes, I were succesful                  (I hope that the links will work)
It took me long but I hope you guys also like it =D
I also created a lore, because this were my character for an "anime" (SAO style), which were created by me and two good friends of mine. (actually wrote like a whole story; 1 season already done)
I have a like a whole folder full of pictures of characters for the anime, which all I will redo
This is my character, Ayashiro Yukazu, he is a 19 year old japanese student. He has many flaws and had shocking moments in his life. His parents died by a car accident, which he thought he caused himself by dropping accidently a toy in the cars motor. A loving relationship with a girl broke, because his best and almost last bestfriend were gone with his love. And if that would be not enough he were mobbed by others. In his last moments of hope, his uncle (the last family member) gave him acces to the newest VR gear he were working on, to test. Much like in SAO, Ayashiro were an alpha and beta tester and learned a lot. He were a lone wolf, but when he met the characters of my friends, they made a guild and fight almost together. A lot funny moments, WTF moments and action moments are already part.

If I got your attention and you want to read my may poorly written story, I may consider uploading it to another thread xD

Thanks for your time, appriciate it =D

(I'm german so please be mercyful when something is grammatically wrong xD)
"If no one likes you, If no one cares about you... the rain will always fall in your hands and loves you =D" -Vyu- =D

Offline danielsega

• View Profile
Re: just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
It's a great drawing, you have most of the proportions down, and you drew great hands, which is amazing.

Now for a few constructive criticism,  the pose throws the drawing off, it looks like all his weight is on the left leg and he's lifting his right one.  You could either fix the pose or add a distorted or tilted eye level to fix it, like the pic bellow, I used the blue line as indication and super quick draw from red around it.

And the belt throws me off too because it makes a slight illusion that the body is twisting towards that way.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:21:15 PM by danielsega »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:31:20 AM »
Hey Vyunare! So here on MR we prefer that all images get embedded to the site itself (clicking strange links on the internet can lead to real concequences after all). You'll need to use a pair of image tags (generated by the Mona Lisa icon on the post screen), and a url that ends with .jpg/.png/.whatever. An image hosting site like imgur works really well, but as long as you find a reliable source, it should be fine.

Best of luck with the art!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
Thanks

When I wanted to post these (and I read the "how to post pics" thread) I first wanted to use like the named ones photobucket but when I saw "buy to use" I left the site since my income isn't that great XD

I thought Google Pictures would work since it's a "public" storage
I will consider using now imgur since, when I created this Re: and read your comment I created an account on imgur

I will follow the rules =D
"If no one likes you, If no one cares about you... the rain will always fall in your hands and loves you =D" -Vyu- =D

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 01:59:48 PM »
It's a great drawing, you have most of the proportions down, and you drew great hands, which is amazing.

Now for a few constructive criticism,  the pose throws the drawing off, it looks like all his weight is on the left leg and he's lifting his right one.  You could either fix the pose or add a distorted or tilted eye level to fix it, like the pic bellow, I used the blue line as indication and super quick draw from red around it.

And the belt throws me off too because it makes a slight illusion that the body is twisting towards that way.

Thanks for the critique =D I will do better on the next ones and I will try to do better at the background
(btw this were my first time ever creating a background, I were heavily inspired by Camila Cuevas's Leader Month 4 Gaster's Background. If you want to look, just type it in YouTube and it will lead you to a beautiful speedpainting of her =D She's a full pro, if I can say so xD)

Online suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »
nice art, that's a cool character design!
it takes a good amount of dedication to spend 10 hours to get the drawing how you want, and that attitude will help you later when you need to spend a lot of time drawing manga pages :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
Photobucket does have a paid version, but it is free to use up to a certain storage capacity.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF