September 19, 2019, 05:03:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mangaka in the works here! Nice to meet you all!!!  (Read 558 times)

Offline Krislalev

• View Profile
Mangaka in the works here! Nice to meet you all!!!
« on: July 23, 2019, 01:37:56 AM »
Hello Everybody!

I really don't know where to start with this so here goes:

My name is Kristiyan, I am 28 years old and originally am from Bulgaria.
Currently living and working in the UK, I have decided 2 tears ago that I will take on the road to become a mangaka. The journey so far has been exciting and with alot of ups and downs but at the end I learned from my mistakes and I've gained knowledge and skills. From what I understood, there is really no manga community that I am involved in so when the motivation leaves me it gets really hard to learn and overall get back to the grinding stone. I heard a phrase once that was something along the lines of: "Nothing Great is achieved by a single person." I am a very talkative and cheerful person and being around more people just boosts that quality in me. I only recently understood the importance of knowing more people that share similar mindset or goals with what I have in order to not just keep me going and inspire me but also for me to give inspiration to others.
I've got a few manga styled works as well as 3 One-Shots that are not professional work of course (Art Wise at least). I started manga based on the art but i tried doing several things at once in the begining (concept story creation, panel structuring, page cound, world building atc.) and kind of lost track of what was most important for me to learn first (Accurate Art/developing my art style).

Anyone who shares similar feelings like me probably understands what I mean.

I am really looking forward to meeting you all and share thoughts, experience and do activities perhaps like collaborations!

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
Re: Mangaka in the works here! Nice to meet you all!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:20:53 PM »
Welcome to MR and nice to meet you, Krislalev! It certainly helps to be around those with similar interests. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here! What kinds of stories do you like to create?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:43:40 PM by Echo_River »
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 12:12:59 AM »
welcome to MR, Krislalev, can't wait to see what stories and artwork you have

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 04:03:48 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders! I hope to  see your art soon!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »
welcome to MR, I look forward to seeing your work!!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Krislalev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
Wow thank you everybody for such nice and warm welcomes! I will post some art soon enough i am still working on my anatomy improvement but meanwhile i will show what ive done so far. Any suggestions where would be most suitable to post for this topic? Which forum thread? I have manga pages and some character work and/or scetches of random stuff.
@echo_River I really like Fighting for a dream kind of stories and the undertdog becoming a real powerhuse or the zero to hero character arc. I love creating stories overall and thats why i have 2 one shots of 9 pages on webtoons and 1 one shot of 30.
Anyone wanna see them just let me know.
YOu guys are awesome. Looking forward to knowing you all!!!

Offline evand498

• Andou Hamilton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:40 PM »
I want to reach that dream too you can check out my thread diesinglong. I want to be my own manga artist and achieve progress the same as you I am planning to do webtoons, satisfy my artskills, write alot, go to manga school like kyoto seika, be a manga assistant, become a manga artist and have physical copies. If I get to see your works maybe you can connect with me on twitter maybe we can work something out and help each other reach our goals.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 04:39:35 AM »
Hey Krislalev! Cool name there. What does it mean?

And the road to a mangaka is a tricky one there is no doubt about that, but it's definitely something you can aim for.

I would suggest looking into having something serialized on Taptastic or Webtoons.com when you have enough content to do so. There is no better practice for serialization than having a short comic script that you update every week online. If you can keep at something like that for 6 months then regardless of numbers you can be sure that you have built up a lot of muscle for making consistent work.

Consistency is the key to being a good mangaka in my opinion. Even the most legendary artists can chase away fans and interest if they do not regularly post content for readers.

My two cents haha. Welcome to the forum! See you around and would love to hear your thoughts on the members stories and projects too.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »
Wow thank you everybody for such nice and warm welcomes! I will post some art soon enough i am still working on my anatomy improvement but meanwhile i will show what ive done so far. Any suggestions where would be most suitable to post for this topic? Which forum thread? I have manga pages and some character work and/or scetches of random stuff.
@echo_River I really like Fighting for a dream kind of stories and the undertdog becoming a real powerhuse or the zero to hero character arc. I love creating stories overall and thats why i have 2 one shots of 9 pages on webtoons and 1 one shot of 30.

You can post your art in "Manga Art Gallery". Looking forward  to seeing your work c:

And that's awesome! What is your story called on Webtoons?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline Krislalev

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 01:32:17 AM »
I want to reach that dream too you can check out my thread diesinglong. I want to be my own manga artist and achieve progress the same as you I am planning to do webtoons, satisfy my artskills, write alot, go to manga school like kyoto seika, be a manga assistant, become a manga artist and have physical copies. If I get to see your works maybe you can connect with me on twitter maybe we can work something out and help each other reach our goals.

Wow we sound so similar! I'd love to connect with you man! And also what legomaestro said makes lot of sense. I was thinking about it for the past few days. Write me a message if you wanna exchange any connection info :P

Hey Krislalev! Cool name there. What does it mean?

And the road to a mangaka is a tricky one there is no doubt about that, but it's definitely something you can aim for.

I would suggest looking into having something serialized on Taptastic or Webtoons.com when you have enough content to do so. There is no better practice for serialization than having a short comic script that you update every week online. If you can keep at something like that for 6 months then regardless of numbers you can be sure that you have built up a lot of muscle for making consistent work.

Consistency is the key to being a good mangaka in my opinion. Even the most legendary artists can chase away fans and interest if they do not regularly post content for readers.

My two cents haha. Welcome to the forum! See you around and would love to hear your thoughts on the members stories and projects too.

Hey legomaestro its awesome to meet you as well! Its funny how you mentioned consistency since i am constantly thinking about impllementing it in my daily routine in just about anything. For the past few days i've been thinking about starting a series in webtoons and my approach would be 1 chapter of a few pages uploaded once a week or something. Of course i would need to have 2-3 chapters ready in advance , i get that. But what you say cements what i was lacking the courage to do. THanks for the push. I would soon start! I would be honored if you taked a look at my work on webtoons and tell me your thoughts. Just rearch "krislalev" and you will find all my works.

Thank you!

Oh I almost forgot to answer your question about my name: It's just a pen name, so to speak, that is a compo of my first and last names which are Kristiyan Lalev. A Bulgarian name.

You can post your art in "Manga Art Gallery". Looking forward  to seeing your work c:

And that's awesome! What is your story called on Webtoons?

Ah thank you. I will sit down these days and see what would be best to post there. Tomorrow would be best for me.
Id be glad to hear your honest thoughts about my work if as well :). All you need to do is search me on webtoons as "Krislalev" and my works will show up. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:20:02 AM by legomaestro »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 04:14:28 AM »
Hi
I looked up your webtoons. You have 3 short/Oneshot stories. Clean and readable art, nice backgrounds. Dragon ball vibes in the art style. Altho some of the text is small and a bit fussy. The 3 has interesting ideas like rubber band fight or the dragon people being bad. So you are out there doing stuff :thumbsup:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 06:21:14 AM »
Awesome. Creative pen names make the world go round.

By the way while replying using @username and responding is faster and easier than using the quote system. It also helps to avoid cluttering the 'recent' page with redundant posts and the like.

Hope you enjoy the forum

Offline Krislalev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »
@legomaestro Oh thanks I was wondering how can I reply to someone specifically and wasnt sure that the @ system worked. Cheers!

Offline Krislalev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »
@KeanFox Thank you for checking out my One-Shots so thoroughly! It really means a lot that you took some of your time to analyze and even give a feedback. This gives me stuff to think about especially when you pointed out the font size. Im glad you like it and  I do hope that when I start my series it will reach out to more people.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
Technically it's not a system or anything. We just started it as a useful organizational method.

Oh, and please try not to use multiple posts to reply to multiple people. It just fills up the page and inflates topics.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF