December 09, 2019, 03:47:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: stuck at a crossroad  (Read 863 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: stuck at a crossroad
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 12:07:27 PM »
Glad you came to a conclusion you're happy with. I was going to agree with Coryn, it certainly seemed you wanted him alive. From what you wrote it sounds like he's almost akin to a brother to the MC, given he was raised by his father.

With that in mind and the father now dead, this King character could serve as a vital connection to the MC's family, perhaps they'll be able to bond more or be able to get through to one another. In an admittedly cliched, but satisfying finale, the robot could make the ultimate sacrifice to defend the MC from a fatal attack? Sacrificing himself to continue his fathers legacy, ie his son/MC.

Also 99 Chapters! Hot damn you must have the typing speed of Usian Bolt and Sonic's lovechild.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »
Yeah Coryn last time I had patience no one bothered to look at my thread I was being ghosted. But I can try to have patience, I hope to hear from you http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,19556.msg301266/topicseen.html#msg301266

I'm sorry to hear that of course. It's always harder to find people to review our stories than it is to write them in the first place. I know that pain well. It took something like a year before my first story picked up a review. But we can't get disheartened by it. We just got to push forward, and have fun the meantime. Plus if you've got nervous energy to throw around, then that's plenty of energy to review someone else's stuff! It always has to start somewhere.

(Granted, I'm at fault for not being as active as I once was. Things were so much simpler back in college. Lot's of time to while away on the internet when you don't have a full time job and a social life that you have to go out of your way to maintain. Haha.)

I'm about to do an editing session on a story of mine, but I'll hop over to your topic after that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline evand498

• Andou Hamilton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »
thanks it means a lot Coryn

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 01:10:56 AM »
now I am at probably the most difficult part, the transition. I've finally finished this long (really, really long) arc and the transition has to be perfect or it wouldn't feel right. I thought maybe I should just have some fun with the characters before I shove them into the next storm.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
I think it's always a good idea to take your foot off the gas pedal between arcs. It allows you to fully explore the consequences of the previous arc and allow the reader to fully digest it. It gives a chance for characters to mourn their losses, to ruminate on the lessons they've learned or show the deepened bonds everyone now has. Plus it brings with it a great chance to add some levity and humour into the story.

It also gives the reader a chance to catch their breath. Too much, too soon will burn out anyone. A great finale to a story arc is like a good meal, it should satisfy you and leave you feeling content for a good while. Once they've had a chance to recharge so to speak, the reader is then ready for you to start ramping up the action and tension once more. 

Offline Vikings1428

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
Glad you came to a conclusion you're happy with. I was going to agree with Coryn, it certainly seemed you wanted him alive. From what you wrote it sounds like he's almost akin to a brother to the MC, given he was raised by his father.

With that in mind and the father now dead, this King character could serve as a vital connection to the MC's family, perhaps they'll be able to bond more or be able to get through to one another. In an admittedly cliched, but satisfying finale, the robot could make the ultimate sacrifice to defend the MC from a fatal attack? Sacrificing himself to continue his fathers legacy, ie his son/MC.

Also 99 Chapters! Hot damn you must have the typing speed of Usian Bolt and Sonic's lovechild.
lol that last part had me rolling, but they did have that connection with each other and I decided since my MC originally came to that country to get himself a robotic new arm, the King rips off his arm and hands it to the MC. it was sort of a foreshadowed scene from earlier within the arc where the King was given the hair of the MC's father, before he was kept alive in sort of a dungeon like area, so he can remember him through the hair, remember the memories that the King and the Father had before the King gained his Intelligence of the world. the King gives the MC his arm because it was originally built by the MC's father, and he says maybe he can cherish the arm the same way the King does with the hair, sort of a tool to remember his father, and remember the memories he had with him.

Offline Vikings1428

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 12:58:02 PM »
I think it's always a good idea to take your foot off the gas pedal between arcs. It allows you to fully explore the consequences of the previous arc and allow the reader to fully digest it. It gives a chance for characters to mourn their losses, to ruminate on the lessons they've learned or show the deepened bonds everyone now has. Plus it brings with it a great chance to add some levity and humour into the story.

It also gives the reader a chance to catch their breath. Too much, too soon will burn out anyone. A great finale to a story arc is like a good meal, it should satisfy you and leave you feeling content for a good while. Once they've had a chance to recharge so to speak, the reader is then ready for you to start ramping up the action and tension once more.
wow that was a fantastic use of an analogy