July 18, 2019, 09:42:41 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: E3 2019  (Read 168 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
E3 2019
« on: June 15, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »
With E3 done for another year and the dust settling on new announcements, I wanted to ask my fine, beautiful fellow raiders what they thought of this year? What games are you looking forward to? What looked like utter trash? How did Todd come out and talk about Fallout 76 like a sucess? Discuss.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »
I am READY for Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, and the 9 film Lego Star ears. Ghostwire Tokyo at this point is still pretty nebulous looking, but I'm going interested in following up with that one.

This E3 is also solidly pushing me towards buying a Switch. As we all know, direct Zelda sequels tend to go a bit dark, and I do love me some weird and off kilter Zelda. I haven't gotten to play Breath of the Wild yet, but I definitely will if it means getting around to a spooky dooky sequel in a few years time.

And I know it's a carry over from last year, but Control looks pretty solid if you're into that Remedy style combat. It's basically SPC the game from the looks of it, so I can't complain.

But yeah, overall pretty darn happy with this E3.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: E3 2019
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 10:14:52 PM »
It was a snore-fest and that cute Japanese girl everyone is making fan art of seemed to be the only person visibly having any fun whatsoever. Most announcements were for sequels or games we already knew were coming, while new ones got CG trailers that don't tell you anything about the game.

Todd van der Linde came out with his usual "I HAVE A PLAN I JUST NEED MORE MONEY ONE MORE BIG SCAM AND WE'LL BE HARVESTING DRAGON ARMOR IN 16 TIMES THE DETAIL HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FAITH" act and remains gaming's Prince of Lies.

Honestly, I see why Sony pulled out (besides for the fact they'd be chewed out for promises that remain unfulfilled from the last E3 and for their disastrous, censorious policy regarding sexual material in games that seems to only be affecting Japanese developers but not TLOU2 with their zoomed in, realistically rendered makeout session HMMMMMMMM  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: BIG THINK, MY NOGGIN IS A'JOGGIN).

I had an extra $20 lying around last night so I decided I would buy a game. I can't tell you how long I was browsing Steam and PSN, looking through games like Spiderman, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, etc. In the end, I didn't buy anything that was made recently. I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 because I had never played KH2 Final Mix, and playing KH3 made me want to go back and appreciate the other games. I thought it just came with KH 1&2 final mixes, but it also came with Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, and Birth by Sleep. I'm going to be busy for a while.

I mention this to emphasize how uncertain I've become when buying new games. So much so that I'd rather buy a bundle of older games I know I love and haven't played in years. I almost thought to buy Madden 19 a while ago until I saw everyone making a huge stink about the game. The last Madden game I got was Madden 05. I guess you can't just buy a football game and just play football anymore. It's no longer that simple.

Looking forward to a darker Zelda game, though. Really scratches my Majora's Mask itch.