August 18, 2019, 01:38:24 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal Draws Again  (Read 193 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
The Manimal Draws Again
« on: May 21, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
Melodramatic intro 

I kinda of stopped drawing in 2016 when I started making music and I completely stopped drawing at the beginning of 2018 when I started at the Pawn Shop. But now I've quit and it's time to change some things in my life and take this movement I have and use it for the betterment of myself, as was my idea when quitting. The world is full of distractions and truly nothing is eviler than the pull of the Internet and all it's mindless nonsense. What a bunch of junk it all is, I've realized how it has numbed my mind in ways when I look at it too much, but yesterday I zoned in on drawing again, listened to some CD's and felt that feeling once more. I have found how much better I feel when I draw, make music, listen to great music, watch good movies, read good comics and play engaging games rather than aimless browsing and other nonsense I do too much.

I want to make comics again like I did from age 4 up to 2016 and I'm going to do it. I've reignited my love for comics when I read The Dark Knight Returns last month and now I've been addicted to Batman comics. I've never read the classic comics from Batman, Superman and all them, and now I've found it's an untapped resource of divine work for me to get into. The Long Halloween + Dark Victory, Hush, The Court Of Owls, Year One, and it goes on, and I keep reading them. I haven't even got to anyone but Batman yet because it's so good. It's made me feel something I have not felt in so long. 

So it's time to stop talking. I'm going to be posting in here as often as I draw, which I aim to make more often to rebuild my skills and make me better than I ever have in my own context. I need to balance my hobbies, not just make music, not just do one thing. This is not a gallery for finished works or anything fancy, I'm just doing this for me. I'm just posting words, I do that you guys know that. I got words I post 'em.

So I copy catted a bit of the Huntress in Hush and sketched from some Gigs magazines on BAND-MAID and Silent Siren. I'm rusty but in the last drawing I felt something move. I was like whoa, I can do this again.

Spoiler

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:24:35 AM by Manimal »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal Draws Again
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
you did all this yesterday? nice output :P

This is not a gallery for finished works or anything fancy, I'm just doing this for me.
That's a good a reason as any I've heard :P

I was like whoa, I can do this again.
I know exactly that feeling, welcome back to the world of artists!

you've got a lovely semi-realistic style, can't wait to see more :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• King of Lurking Losers / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal Draws Again
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 08:25:49 PM »
For not doin a whole lot of it you sure seem to have gotten a helluva lot better at it. Dang, I drop of the bandwagon of drawing for a few weeks and when I go back my art is like "lol proportions? WHAT'RETHOOOOOOSE LMAO." GG, man.