April 19, 2024, 01:08:38 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: What made you become an artist/writer?  (Read 6666 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
What made you become an artist/writer?
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
So here I am, rain outside and I slacking off again~

What exactly has made you starting to draw and/or writing?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: What made you become an artist/writer?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
I would say that I have a vision of how the world should be. And I want to express it through my writing.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 03:28:34 PM »
I would say that I have a vision of how the world should be. And I want to express it through my writing.

Isn't that creativity more than how you see the world tho?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »

Isn't that creativity more than how you see the world tho?

I guess it depends on your opinion of propaganda and if all writing is propaganda. You can replace that word with rhetoric if you like as well.

People don’t change unless you give an option/ example.  My stories are meant to show an alternative to their behaviors.

So basically, I write because I think didactic writing is useful.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
Been loving drawing since I was little. At 13-14 start writing fanfiction for fun. A year later found/read my first manga. It was called penguin brothers. Someone translated the first chapter to Arabic. I was like this is awesome, I want to make manage. Wish I had a teacher or a forum like this. I only had how to draw manga books for guidance.

At 17-20 I got into the basics of 3Dmodling Maya Zbrush and Unity. All on an old Dell laptop that I didn't own. It was fun. At this point, a considered myself a hoppiest. 2011 I saw REIQ and Marc Brunet digital painting vids and I wanted to do that. Sold all my shares which were not much. took all my savings, built a pc bought a tablet and scanner. Thats all my worldly belongings.

At 2013 started doing drawing lessons. Thats about it.
This might not say why I became an artist, Its like a biography, sorry. I guess art was always there for me.
Marc Brunet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbuFN71yUpI
REIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfWugcZF-3c
Penguin brothers
Spoiler
Spoiler
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:24:55 PM by KeanFox »

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »
My Dad got me drawing when I was 4. Like music he got me into it and I found something that inspired me and got things turning. For drawing it was Captain Underpants and the comics with the kiddy art that was easy to immitate that made me want to make comics. It was inspiring since it was a funny thing drawn with the same ability a kid can do.

Writing naturally came from comics. Though I don't write or draw anymore these days. Waiting to get back when it comes. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:45:59 PM by Manimal »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
Although both my parents are artistic, and i did fairly well in school art, i never did much drawing off my own back.

I actually got into drawing for myself because of game design. I and my friend at school were always designing games in our notebooks but we could never make them look interesting and so it was boring when we got to programming and coding. The coding was never an issue for me, at least for the level of games we tried to make, but it was always different coloured squares and circles for the graphics.

I got a book out the library how to draw cartoons because it seemed like the style i wanted to make the games in. I actually took out 5 or 6 books and one was actually how to draw manga (the kind i always complain about). The books didnt help so much for my 14 year old self so i went back to coding half games with bad graphics for a while.

Until my cousin introduced me to anime at 17ish. I thought anime was just Ghibli films until that point. He was trying to copy a character so i tried too. That was the first proper manga illustration i did, in my fanart gallery. It turned out so nicely i wanted to draw more. I really got into anime and manga at that point and that was the fuel and inspiration to keep me drawing.

And so drawing became my focus for years, and will remain so for ages i dare say.
Ive gotta get back to game coding some time haha.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 05:52:10 AM »
I hate to admit, but I wasnt always a good artist. In kindergarten I was criticized for drawing stick figures. I guess what got me into drawing and writing though was that as a young kid I watched a lot of cartoons and would be inspired by what I watched to make my own stories like them. However I never was into writing fan fiction though. To this day I'm still unsure about writing fan fiction because of copyright.

Offline Slammer

• : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 07:21:29 PM »
I have pretty serious issues with depression and art is the only thing i semi-enjoy so i do it sometimes :)

There's no big moral reason, no "I want to be the very best, like no-one ever was" deal. Just that simple.

Offline MoonFlame

• i used to be an adventurer, just like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 02:18:15 AM »
It's funny because, as i got older, i realized the reason i was doing something usually changed, at first i was going to school because i didnt wanted to became a nobody, then entered college because i found something i was good at, and now im just doing what i started, i wish i could change into a new career or something like that, but i think life is not like this, or this is not the time.

The reason that turned me into an artist, well, at first i was jealous of my cousin because he knew how to draw and i dont, then he teached me some basics and i keep moving on, then i realised i was not good enough and brought some magazines about drawing, i keept doing it as a hobby and at some time of my life, i simply stopped drawing, when i got to middle school i was passing trought puberty and loved to draw some lewd things, at high school i was doing it to impress the girls, and as i am right now, i just draw because i know how to do it, i dont want to work seriously with it, but since i have somewhat an ability that i improved trought the years, then why not use it as a hobby?

In other words, you could say that the reason i became an artist is "envy, lust and boredom".

Penguin brothers
Spoiler
Spoiler

I really thougt they where penguins, i have been bambozzled.
looks like that's it, got to go...

Offline renko9thao

• Ordinary Traveler Passing Through Worlds
  • I'm just passing through, don't mind me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 10:21:21 AM »
My reason for writing may sound childish or even unrealistic, but I just want to share my writing to people. Plus, I love writing. That's about it.

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 09:24:19 PM »
cause i want to tell people a story or two, its fun to make stories, to make characters and to throw obsticles in their paths.

Click the Banner to Read

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »
I was in an accident and had lower spine surgeries at 15yrs old, unable to do much for ages. Started drawing xD
Didn't stop.
MissKatMilo

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 04:20:32 PM »
Sheesh! I mean you might as well right?

My own story isn't that interesting. I just woke up one spring day and said "I'm going to write a book!" And then started doing just that. Was it an absolute mess since I had zero writing experience? Oh yeah. But it was definitely fun, and I never looked back.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline BlueJay22

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 10:34:28 PM »
I originally wanted to become a writer because I wanted to have an anime. Looking back, it is really embarrassing that I thought that way. With that, I eventually learned how unrealistic that goal was. Now, I write because I enjoy creating stories and I want them to be told in some fashion. It would be cool if my story was told through a manga, light novel, or anime, but I just want my story to be told. I still have a lot to learn about being a writer though.