October 13, 2019, 08:49:13 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What made you become an artist/writer?  (Read 457 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
What made you become an artist/writer?
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
So here I am, rain outside and I slacking off again~

What exactly has made you starting to draw and/or writing?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: What made you become an artist/writer?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
I would say that I have a vision of how the world should be. And I want to express it through my writing.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 03:28:34 PM »
I would say that I have a vision of how the world should be. And I want to express it through my writing.

Isn't that creativity more than how you see the world tho?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »

Isn't that creativity more than how you see the world tho?

I guess it depends on your opinion of propaganda and if all writing is propaganda. You can replace that word with rhetoric if you like as well.

People don’t change unless you give an option/ example.  My stories are meant to show an alternative to their behaviors.

So basically, I write because I think didactic writing is useful.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
Been loving drawing since I was little. At 13-14 start writing fanfiction for fun. A year later found/read my first manga. It was called penguin brothers. Someone translated the first chapter to Arabic. I was like this is awesome, I want to make manage. Wish I had a teacher or a forum like this. I only had how to draw manga books for guidance.

At 17-20 I got into the basics of 3Dmodling Maya Zbrush and Unity. All on an old Dell laptop that I didn't own. It was fun. At this point, a considered myself a hoppiest. 2011 I saw REIQ and Marc Brunet digital painting vids and I wanted to do that. Sold all my shares which were not much. took all my savings, built a pc bought a tablet and scanner. Thats all my worldly belongings.

At 2013 started doing drawing lessons. Thats about it.
This might not say why I became an artist, Its like a biography, sorry. I guess art was always there for me.
Marc Brunet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbuFN71yUpI
REIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfWugcZF-3c
Penguin brothers
Spoiler
Spoiler
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:24:55 PM by KeanFox »

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »
My Dad got me drawing when I was 4. Like music he got me into it and I found something that inspired me and got things turning. For drawing it was Captain Underpants and the comics with the kiddy art that was easy to immitate that made me want to make comics. It was inspiring since it was a funny thing drawn with the same ability a kid can do.

Writing naturally came from comics. Though I don't write or draw anymore these days. Waiting to get back when it comes. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:45:59 PM by Manimal »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
Although both my parents are artistic, and i did fairly well in school art, i never did much drawing off my own back.

I actually got into drawing for myself because of game design. I and my friend at school were always designing games in our notebooks but we could never make them look interesting and so it was boring when we got to programming and coding. The coding was never an issue for me, at least for the level of games we tried to make, but it was always different coloured squares and circles for the graphics.

I got a book out the library how to draw cartoons because it seemed like the style i wanted to make the games in. I actually took out 5 or 6 books and one was actually how to draw manga (the kind i always complain about). The books didnt help so much for my 14 year old self so i went back to coding half games with bad graphics for a while.

Until my cousin introduced me to anime at 17ish. I thought anime was just Ghibli films until that point. He was trying to copy a character so i tried too. That was the first proper manga illustration i did, in my fanart gallery. It turned out so nicely i wanted to draw more. I really got into anime and manga at that point and that was the fuel and inspiration to keep me drawing.

And so drawing became my focus for years, and will remain so for ages i dare say.
Ive gotta get back to game coding some time haha.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!