April 19, 2024, 04:02:16 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Do you enjoy scary movies alone or with friends/family?  (Read 4957 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
Do you enjoy scary movies alone or with friends/family?
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »

I had my share of scary movies lately (basically one every Friday with my friends), this resulted into me constantly being scared at night and sometimes unable to sleep... (I sleep on day time sometimes rip)

Well, I think it's time to stop doing so lol
(I started procrastinating on drawing again!!!)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: Do you enjoy scary movies alone or with friends/family?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »

Movies should be something you watch with others, just not in a movie theater. Idiots are everywhere.

Unless you feel uncomfortable watching the "important" love scene with your parents, only watch scary moveis with friends. I gave up doing that once i watch a scene with my mother. Super awkward. Plus, a lot of my family is the type to ask dumb questions during scary movies.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:49:17 PM »
I've definitely watched my fair share of horror movies both with friends and alone. Of course, it can be hard when you have friends who really dislike horror.

I do prefer watching with others though. I live on my own, so it's not always feasible to wrangle someone up when I'm in the mood for one. But my girlfriend and I watch a lot of horror films together. Honestly she's probably into them more than I am.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 03:32:45 PM »
The only scary movie I can think of involved people buying a house and not knowing Gary Busey lived in the attic. Gary Busey in your attic and you do not even know..

For horror I like the Feast trilogy. Hellraiser 1-2 were also good (not sure how well they aged). Do you consider The Thing to be horror? A truly excellent movie if you do.

Other than that horror doesn't work on me. Too many real life experiences to think recycled plots are scary.

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:54 PM »
Horror movies are my favorite and i enjoy both with family and friends and alone. Although now they just remake most horror mivies (all movies really) so i prefer the clasics but their are some new ones i love like the counjuring series.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »
I last saw Hellraiser classic in 2016, so in general I'd say it holds up pretty well, even if S&M doesn't really feel like it should get you dragged into hell by kink demons in this modern age.

The Thing is definitely a horror. Scared the crap out of me as a mood too much not to be.

I've recently been revisiting the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. True to its cultural impact, I really remember it having a lot more blood as a child, but there's maybe 4oz in the whole flick (not counting dried). Really worth your time still if you've never seen it before.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF