November 20, 2019, 07:09:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: A wild writer appears!  (Read 560 times)

Offline JackOfArtAndProse

• Webcomic writer
  • Looking for a fantasy artist
    • View Profile
A wild writer appears!
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:50:15 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm JackOfArtAndProse, previously known as "Xanedis" online. Never used this site though. I'm happy to join your community, and I look forward to any and all quality interactions on this forum.

Quick summary of who I am:

As mentioned before, I am a writer. More specifically, I write webcomic scripts with a distinct fantasy tinge. Epic fantasy is close to my heart, but so is the isekai genre. I write emotionally potent stories with fun party banter, mysterious worldbuilding, interesting magic systems, roaring action and hilarious comedy... never forgetting the impact of a well-placed scene of harrowing heartache.

I am male(as far as I know XD), 28 years old. I have stumbled upon this forum a few times in the past, but have now decided to join in earnest.

I have read (and watched) all kinds stuff, but I was always in awe of stories that immersed you in their fantastical worlds(Promised Neverland, Re;Zero). I also loved Charlotte despite the fact that it wasn't fantasy-esque. As for mangas, I read anything from traditional mainstream shounen(Naruto, Dragon Ball Z) to popular drama/romance mangas(I''s). I also read regular books and webcomics(Tower of God, Rebirth and Room of Swords are some of my current favourites).

I am a very creative person, and I like to dabble into music as well. I'm still only learning to do music, however.

Here's a few links to my writing online:

https://tapas.io/series/Daddy-Shootalicious
(Summary: ["Audiobook" version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpO7YYMtzk] SHORT STORY // Fascinated by all things projectile, "Dingo" finds himself at odds with neighbours, their pets and even his "serene" wife. How will his family react to his latest invention)

https://www.wattpad.com/509133825-the-essence-of-villainy-prologue
(A villain from a fantasy world gets transported into yet another fantasy world. [Please keep in mind that this is from one year ago, and is thus contains slightly weaker writing than what I can muster nowadays])

Finally... I should mention that I joined this forum with the intent of meeting artists and possibly(if the metaphorical stars align) starting a webcomic collaboration with someone. I know that all collaborations(ESPECIALLY the bigger ones) require trust and major chemistry, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people and getting to know them.  Maybe I'll be able to share about my webcomic project one day and see if anyone's interested, although true collaborations(in which both the artist and the writer have say in writing and art) tend to be more popular and get both people more invested in the long run. We'll see.

Thank you for reading this introduction, and I hope to make your acquaintance.

TheJackOfArtAndProse.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:11:42 AM by JackOfArtAndProse »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: A wild writer appears!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 07:01:37 AM »
Nice to meetcha! I'm an artist and like to make my own webcomic at some point. Right now I'm interested in the fantasy adventure shonen thing.
What is the webcomic you want to make?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:25:08 AM by KeanFox »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 08:12:19 AM »
welcome to the forum!
same here, webcomics are somewhere on my agenda haha
looking forward to seeing you around and hopefully you'll find an artist to work with!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

• Webcomic writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
@KeanFox Hey there! Thanks for the warm welcome!
My main script is a fantasy story that has the slightest amounts of adventuring(there's a tremendous shift in locale after the first arc, and that's just about it). It is focused on an intricate magical system, politics and the main cast struggling against political odds that far surpass their own resources. I would post a link to a Deviantart forum post with way more information, but I'm not sure if links are allowed, so... Yeah. XD
Anyway, my SECOND webcomic script is way more adventure-y, and is based on the webserial whose link I posted above.

EDIT: I ALSO have a third script that is way more humor based, sort of a tribal isekai story. That one's ludicrous. XD

@suuper-san Thank you for the warm welcome, and I do look forward to associating with people of similar interests. I do also hope that I find an artist to collaborate with, but we'll see... :')

Glad to make your acquaintance, folks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:17:14 AM by JackOfArtAndProse »

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »
This site has a few good musicians on it. Check out Manimal's thread or Nomena's. Manimal's a one man band constantly cranking out originals and Nomena's violin playing is quite lovely. Scroll all the way down to Break Room, then go to Music. I'd link you to the threads directly, but you should get the hang of navigating the site.

If you have any stories still in the works, post them in the Develop Your Story section. Great place to get some feedback. If you have something that's already finished, I believe those go in Manga Creations.

• Webcomic writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
Thanks for the tips!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 07:36:12 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders! I'm glad you've finally made the decision to sign up! I can only name a few who ever regretted doing so, and they aren't the types you generally want around anyway.

Best of luck!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF