August 19, 2019, 08:49:10 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Ideological Story discussion trouble - or don’t talk about my favorite show  (Read 265 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
I think it’s a common assumption that manga and anime is “mostly” just entertainment.  People like to talk about surface level discussion points, like shipping, theories, and power levels etc. but this is mostly when the story is still on going.

Then people talk about stories from twenty years ago and actually place an ideological lenses and people find it more applicable. Because time has passed.

But when people use an ideological lense in real time, people get mad.

What are your thoughts on this behavior? 

My opinion is you have the option to read or watch an interpretation, so why get mad? You still have your story, it’s not ruined. why get pissed?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Well, I think these things are sorta like wine. You kinda need a show to sit and age before you can really get into the nitty-gritty of it. There needs to be time enough that we can see its impact ripple out. This is especially true for shows that still haven't finished yet. If something isn't done, then maybe postpone your massive breakdown of the show's ethos or whatever.

That being said, it's folly to get worked up about what people say on the internet. Some things just aren't worth the trouble of getting worked up about. These things rarely hurt anybody, so just let sleeping dogs lie. Everyone involved with have a better day because of it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF