March 29, 2024, 02:01:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga  (Read 5023 times)

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga
« on: March 28, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
Hi, I wrote a story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/50905/cyber-multiverse-milieu

[The Book Cover Art pic in the link (not created by me nor for me) is how I picture the main character to look similar to]

I’m looking for writers who can flesh out what I got so far, change stuff for the better if you see fit, and add whatever you want to make this a successful project. I’m looking for Artists as well, whereby a group agreement will decide what art we’re looking for and can agree upon. Presently, I am unable to financially compensate you for your time. I plan to be able to provide financial compensation within a couple of months. Let me know if you’re interested.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:31:39 PM by OmniThoughts »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
After his wish granted and his world made, then what happens? Do they go on a fantasy adventure inside a simulation?

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:38:12 AM »
It can be however you want it to go. Yea he can go on a Fantasy Adventure. He connected all the simulated worlds, so he can go to a bunch of different worlds looking for its creators. The created worlds can have magic, creatures, the same people in different worlds, people from different time periods, characters from the creator’s favorite video games/tv shows/movies/books, genies, aliens, robots, etc. Maybe people who play virtual reality games can interact with the simulated worlds. Maybe there’s a simulated prison world for those who were found unworthy. I don’t know what direction to take this story in, maybe you can have better ideas for it ..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:26:21 AM by Biszcuit »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:35:19 PM »
Are you an artist or a writer?
Are you looking for collaboration or just offering ideas?
Sorry if I'm asking questions, just trying to see what's up
This idea sounds like an idea I had a while back, but without the simulation and more on the magical side. I think most ideas have the potential to be fun.

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
I’m not an artist nor a writer. I Just think someone might wanna use this idea.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:29:02 AM by Biszcuit »

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »
That's so Doctor Who material man, a very well though idea.

If it was for me to write this, i would first throw in some character and personality in Eric. Also will add a background story how he's at his 30s and still into fantasy games/comics/etc, or how he doesn't like politics or maybe also how he isn't liking how technology is developing in a slow rate due to a "Specific" reason and maybe he is into astronomy.

This will add value to whatever world he would be creating afterword if it's a fantasy world, regular world , a very advanced in technology world and maybe a world where they're living in different planets.

Also would be adding a rivalry with other worlds as you added that he can take ideas etc, from. which will lead to parallel universes meaning that if he looks into another universe (World) he would see the same people with different lives due to the choices they took from the rules that have been created from their owner. this also can add up a gap between universes where the underground fighting happen where even the creater of this virtual reality (The company) do not know about where people from different universe bring their best fighters and fight over or maybe infiltrate other universes from that gap.

Damn i could keep going with this   :dance:

But great idea man!

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »
I like the way you think.

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:39 PM »
I like the way you think.

Thanks, but this type of story requires a full dedication and a lot of efforts. You are a building a whole new "Universes" not one only!

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »
So a guy in a coma gets a wish "just because" and generates a video game/computer universe... Cliche/generic.

I hate to say it but with "computer/video game world" anime's track record I cringe every time I hear it suggested.
The huge issue is that "Video game world" is a pointless extra layer that seems to get tacked on to cash in on the popularity of video games. Why not just have the story happen in a world? What makes this even worse as things like SAO show off is usually the creator has no idea how video games and their online communities work, so it get painfully stupid in minutes. The guy who made SAO and all those other abominations needs to find a large fire and roll around in it while thinking about what he has done.

Then there is the problem with "generate a whole universe from the ground up including all its rules". This is near impossible without terrible failure. There is a reason writers have been feeding off Tolkien for decades.  There is a reason that many writers like George RR Martin, JMS, and so many others just apply a new coat of paint to human history to create their universes. It really happened so if you can't see through the paint everything looks good.

The last killer is suspension of disbelief. You give "make your dream universe" to any human and you will just get some Pleasure Dome/Will Riker Holodeck program. Trying to go in a different direction kills Suspension of disbelief and leaves its body by the turnpike.

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 11:41:29 AM »
Hi, I wrote a story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/50905/cyber-multiverse-milieu

[The Book Cover Art pic in the link (not created by me nor for me) is how I picture the main character to look similar to]

I’m looking for writers who can flesh out what I got so far, change stuff for the better if you see fit, and add whatever you want to make this a successful project. I’m looking for Artists as well, whereby a group agreement will decide what art we’re looking for and can agree upon. Presently, I am unable to financially compensate you for your time. I plan to be able to provide financial compensation within a couple of months. Let me know if you’re interested.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:32:19 PM by OmniThoughts »

Offline UpSide

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »

« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:32:32 PM by OmniThoughts »