December 07, 2019, 12:54:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga  (Read 936 times)

Offline Biszcuit

• My primary language is english.
    • View Profile
I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga
« on: March 28, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
 I think a manga writer can do a lot with this story idea :

It was another normal day of traveling in the city. Eric and his wife began crossing the street when a car ran a red light and headed right for them. Eric quickly pushed his wife out of the way but not enough. The car hit Eric and his wife but Eric got the worst of it. His wife was able to get up and rush to her husband to find that he is alive.
Emergency medical services brought him to the hospital and found that he was undergoing cardiac arrest. He remained comatose after that. The emergency medical services told Eric's wife that to get a better picture of Eric's prognosis, they would need her consent to record Eric's brain responses to stimuli, since Eric is comatose. Results showed that Eric had conscious responses even though he seemed to be comatose.
Eric, still able to think and imagine, found that someone was speaking to him and he was able to converse with the individual by using his thoughts. He ended up asking the individual why the individual was communicating with him and the individual responded "I want to see if you're worthy." "Worthy of what?" Eric asked. "Worthy of having a wish granted." the individual answered, and he proceeded to interrogate Eric for quite some time. Eric found the whole experience unpleasant.
Eric noticed that the time that it took the individual to respond was often way faster than any normal person. After being asked and told things so repetitively, Eric asked if he was speaking to an AI or a human. The individual replied "Both." He told Eric that he is not the first to go through this process. There were many others.
The individual then proceeded to tell Eric that, since for the time being, Eric can't function in the real world, he will be placed in a simulated world. The individual tells Eric that he is required to create the laws and rules of the simulated universe that he will be living in. These laws and rules must be included in his wish. The simulated world will function much like a virtual reality game but will look and feel like real life. Eric's body and brain are connected to computers and medical equipment. He has to figure out what kind of world he wants to live in.
The individual tells Eric that the Virtual Reality Corporation has been collecting data of all the people that it scans for games and simulations. It also has data from social media and various questions that it had asked all of those people. Those people will be present in the simulated world as AI simulations. The individual also tells Eric that he can pick laws and rules from other simulated worlds from others like him. The individual tells Eric that he can even be placed in someone else's existing simulated universe. The individual tells Eric that he finds Eric worthy. He tells Eric that he can take as long as he likes to tell his wish.
As Eric tells what he would like things to visually look like, the individual responds "I can see what you are imagining, so it is easy for me to see what you are describing." "You're able to see what I imagine too?! Talk about invasion of privacy!" Eric replies. Eric asks if his wish can connect existing simulated worlds from others like himself and the individual replied "Yes." After some time, Eric finally completes his wish.

Tell me if you want to do anything with this.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: I think this idea has potential for a long fun manga
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
After his wish granted and his world made, then what happens? Do they go on a fantasy adventure inside a simulation?

Offline Biszcuit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:38:12 AM »
It can be however you want it to go. Yea he can go on a Fantasy Adventure. He connected all the simulated worlds, so he can go to a bunch of different worlds looking for its creators. The created worlds can have magic, creatures, the same people in different worlds, people from different time periods, characters from the creator’s favorite video games/tv shows/movies/books, genies, aliens, robots, etc. Maybe people who play virtual reality games can interact with the simulated worlds. Maybe there’s a simulated prison world for those who were found unworthy. I don’t know what direction to take this story in, maybe you can have better ideas for it ..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:26:21 AM by Biszcuit »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:35:19 PM »
Are you an artist or a writer?
Are you looking for collaboration or just offering ideas?
Sorry if I'm asking questions, just trying to see what's up
This idea sounds like an idea I had a while back, but without the simulation and more on the magical side. I think most ideas have the potential to be fun.

Offline Biszcuit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
I’m not an artist nor a writer. I Just think someone might wanna use this idea.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:29:02 AM by Biszcuit »

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »
That's so Doctor Who material man, a very well though idea.

If it was for me to write this, i would first throw in some character and personality in Eric. Also will add a background story how he's at his 30s and still into fantasy games/comics/etc, or how he doesn't like politics or maybe also how he isn't liking how technology is developing in a slow rate due to a "Specific" reason and maybe he is into astronomy.

This will add value to whatever world he would be creating afterword if it's a fantasy world, regular world , a very advanced in technology world and maybe a world where they're living in different planets.

Also would be adding a rivalry with other worlds as you added that he can take ideas etc, from. which will lead to parallel universes meaning that if he looks into another universe (World) he would see the same people with different lives due to the choices they took from the rules that have been created from their owner. this also can add up a gap between universes where the underground fighting happen where even the creater of this virtual reality (The company) do not know about where people from different universe bring their best fighters and fight over or maybe infiltrate other universes from that gap.

Damn i could keep going with this   :dance:

But great idea man!

Offline Biszcuit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »
I like the way you think.

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:39 PM »
I like the way you think.

Thanks, but this type of story requires a full dedication and a lot of efforts. You are a building a whole new "Universes" not one only!

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »
So a guy in a coma gets a wish "just because" and generates a video game/computer universe... Cliche/generic.

I hate to say it but with "computer/video game world" anime's track record I cringe every time I hear it suggested.
The huge issue is that "Video game world" is a pointless extra layer that seems to get tacked on to cash in on the popularity of video games. Why not just have the story happen in a world? What makes this even worse as things like SAO show off is usually the creator has no idea how video games and their online communities work, so it get painfully stupid in minutes. The guy who made SAO and all those other abominations needs to find a large fire and roll around in it while thinking about what he has done.

Then there is the problem with "generate a whole universe from the ground up including all its rules". This is near impossible without terrible failure. There is a reason writers have been feeding off Tolkien for decades.  There is a reason that many writers like George RR Martin, JMS, and so many others just apply a new coat of paint to human history to create their universes. It really happened so if you can't see through the paint everything looks good.

The last killer is suspension of disbelief. You give "make your dream universe" to any human and you will just get some Pleasure Dome/Will Riker Holodeck program. Trying to go in a different direction kills Suspension of disbelief and leaves its body by the turnpike.

Offline Biszcuit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 11:41:29 AM »
I finally created Eric’s simulated universe for this story idea.

Here’s the Wattpad app story link : https://my.w.tt/5iM2JxDpF1

I’m a complete beginner at writing so any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Biszcuit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
If you wanna read about the world created for this story,
here’s a link to the story where you don’t have to log in to read it :

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25647/ericverse/chapter/375283/ericverse-chapter-1

Title : Ericverse by JeffreyPalinJr
Length : 8 Chapters
Genre : Isekai, Fantasy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:24:09 AM by Biszcuit »