March 29, 2024, 02:31:49 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Art/Writing Exchange!  (Read 8452 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Art/Writing Exchange!
« on: March 27, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
At the moment I'm taking a break from work and I've found myself with a lot of free time, aside from wasting all of it playing video games I figured it'd be a good time to sharpen my art skills and make up for the 3 months or so I missed while I was in crunch time.

I think a more interactive way to improve (and sometimes I just run out of ideas) would be to do an art exchange with other artists here!

So if anyone is interested in doing an art exchange with me (or with anyone else that is interested), feel free to post your info here!

The format of the art exchange will be as such:
- We trade OC's and draw each other's OC's in our own styles
- Give a rough time frame (but please be understanding if someone can't meet the deadline)
- Give a rough idea of the picture you will be attempting (will it be just a character sketch, a full picture, etc...)

You don't have to be a god tier artist or even an artist at all if you want to participate, just try your best and produce some artwork!

Optionally, if you are NOT an artist, there is a way you can participate as well! If you are a writer you can leave your OC to be drawn and in exchange you have to write a story for the OC of an artist that is willing to do an exchange with you.

Anyway, hope this piques some people's interest, just drop your info in a reply to this thread! Over the next few weeks I will be checking this thread periodically, if I don't get any traction here, no worries I am doing this in other discords that I am in and will post results here as I complete them! Have fun, and good luck with your art/stories!

Edit:
Almost forgot, leave a post here with the artist's/writer's name you want to collab with if you want to participate
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 05:25:22 PM by devola »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Art/Writing Exchange!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 06:18:53 PM »
Oh, nice idea is nice. A general Artist/Writer exchange. I'd like an OC trade with you devola. Either in exchange for a story or for one of my sketchier sketches. I can't promise a time frame but it'll be a simple one on my part (you know my art 'style' haha)

So don't sweat too much over my drawing haha.

Alternatively, I'd be willing to write up a short story of sorts for any of your OCs.

My OC up for trade:

Any one of them, but Im interested in seeing how you'd draw N.123 (Elisa) or N.124 (Minnie)

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:37:10 PM »
Hell yeah dude, I'll give 124 a shot, and in exchange you can choose one of these to do!

Demon Girl
Spoiler

Sael
Spoiler

Forceblader
Spoiler

I'm interested to see any of these, and I'll be doing a sketch! I'll probably get it done in a day or two, good luck man and thanks for humoring me! Can't wait to see the results!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
Awesome. On my part: I'm done! Muhuhahaha!

Man, trying to draw her forced me to look at the details of your character design and I've gotta say it's pretty amazing. So much more respect for what you can pull off. It was stressful at a point, but then fun as heck to try out. I need to learn to break down details more. It was a nice workout.
Sael

Clicky for zoom in on the sketchy

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:23:09 AM »
Crazy cool seeing you do something so different from the norm for you! Also yeah, ya beat me to it haha.

I'm not totally sure if I interpreted this right, so I'm sorry if I completely missed the mark! It was a little bit difficult trying to figure out what the character was about due to having fewer details available so I just took the shapes that stuck out the most to me and created a character using those. Mainly focused on the big hat (I think it's a hat?), the position of the arms, the flaps on the hat, and the baggy pants. Sorry if this isn't exactly a sketch of your OC! I still had a blast doing it though!

While I was looking at your drawing, the first thing that came to mind for some reason was steampunk so I went with that.

I actually do have a second idea I wanted to try for this character but I might save that for another time, it could be something closer to your original intent but I need some time to plan it out.

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »
Hahaha no you enhanced it a heck of a lot! She has exactly the mood I was thinking of when I 'worked' On her. They're really just thumbnails and I despaired at ever developing them further, but you hit this one right out the park. The hat, the baggy pants, the sling over the shoulder,  and those freaking shoes. So good. How do you pack so much detail in so few lines lol.

And dude I'd love that. I'll respond in kind by trying out Forceblader. Really, the number one waifu material imo is demon girl, but I want to try out armour more so that's what I'll try.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 05:04:58 PM »
Hell yeah man, let's keep this draw train going! I'll scope out another one of your characters too then and report back here when I get it done. I really enjoyed interpreting your thumbnails, never really noticed it before but your characters have a lot of shapes in their designs that gives them a lot of personality. Anyway off I go!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 07:04:55 PM »
Haha cheers! It's actually something I picked up from a book on making visual notes. And Samurai Jack and One Piece are always inspiring to me at how shamelessly they design characters according to shapes rather than anatomy per se.

Spoiler

Anyhoo here is Forceblader. I think I should really use pencil too more with paint. But I enjoyed going wild with the image despite how it turned out.

And damn your armour is just too on point man. Am I correct in assuming the blade is sort of bluntish? I'm not sure with that belt wrapped around it and stuff.

I found her pouches so cool btw. Im stealing that design motif.

Offline jubacard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 07:24:50 PM »
This is an awesome idea! I'm a writer so I'll be playing there. I actually wanna write as much as possible, so this will help with the concepts.

Here's the concept for my manga:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=19487.msg300294#msg300294

If anybody wants to create concept art for anything (feel free to ask for more details on the characters.) I'll glady write as many stories as you want for any OC.