April 20, 2019, 02:33:48 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Magic dress story (no title yet)  (Read 154 times)

Offline Kagayaki-hime

• View Profile
Magic dress story (no title yet)
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:31:59 PM »
Hi, I just got this idea fresh in my mind. It’s intended for all/most ages.

There’s a princess who was born with a power to ward off a poison dragon. But if she uses that power, she’ll become weak. She was exposed to the dragon’s poison, so she became paralyzed.

The queen, who doesn’t have powers, but loves her daughter so much, went on a journey herself to cure the princess, but she was put under a spell and fell into a coma.

A fairy comes and gives the princess a magic dress that will help the princess travel even if she’s paralyzed. They go on a quest to find a cure for the queen.

Right now, I don’t even have names for the characters. I think that the princess should be about 8-10 years old, because this story is supposed to appeal to children. And it’s the age where children’s thinking becomes more logical and moral than previous stages. She begins to develop her own morals and a desire to help her mother and her kingdom. I’m going to portray the family as extremely loving, unlike most of the ideas I have that are based on my childhood experiences of being oppressed. I want children to feel like they can help their parents.

The dress is supposed to be a reference to Lolita fashion or EGL fashion, because I’m into Lolita fashion. It’s a type of Harajuku fashion that was inspired by Victorian and Rococo era clothing. And sometimes it has a very kawaii and fairy tale aesthetic aspect to it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:27:49 AM by Kagayaki-hime »

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Magic dress story (no title yet)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
This could be a good story for children, I think your on the right track!  My only thought is: does she know that the poison dragon can paralyze her? and if so, wouldn't it be better for her to use her power and become weak instead?  Regardless, I like this and I hope your share more of your ideas for this story :)
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline Kagayaki-hime

• View Profile
Re: Magic dress story (no title yet)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »
The purpose of the magic dress is to make her mobile again. She can fly to other kingdoms with it. Maybe I should call it the floating dress? The main character needs a cute, magical girl name. She’s white and blonde, so a European name would be best.