September 19, 2019, 02:42:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

What should this series be called?

Like Night and Day
0 (0%)
Destined Path
0 (0%)
Alter Ego
3 (75%)
Give other options please
1 (25%)
Rock and Refined
0 (0%)
Dare to be Different
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Lifestyle Dream? Working Title (Updated Story and Poll)  (Read 786 times)

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Lifestyle Dream? Working Title (Updated Story and Poll)
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:49:49 PM »
Holding a poll, I am at lost for a name for this story.

Summary:
Kendall is a well-mannered college student.  But secretly, she craves an alternative rock lifestyle and likes to go by the nick name Kenny.  But… it is a lifestyle her parents do not approve of.  She hides her alter ego Kenny from her parents at night.  And by day is Kendall; a reserved and polite young lady.  Will she be able to be her true self and achieve her dream knowing her parents would disown her?  Or be respectful and honor her parents and their wishes.

Spoiler
Episode 1: Kendall? Kenny?

Kendall has finished up her college classes for the day as she walks through campus heading to her dorm.  When she gets home she immediately changes out from her school clothes, an ironed white collar blouse and pale pink knee length skirt.   She takes out her braid and pulls it up into a nice bun securely fastens by a few hair clips and into her green scrubs.  She then grabs an apple and a backpack and leaves for the hospital.  After putting her stuff in a locker in the break room she clocks into the computer and logs her hours for her college nursing program and begins her intern routine.  She goes over the previous nurse’s shift notes and heads to greet a patient in one of the hospital rooms.  She checks and records his vitals and checks his stitches that he received during his appendix surgery. 
“Everything looks good Mr. Wahn, hopefully you will be discharged tomorrow morning.  We want to make sure you are cleared of infections before you leave, so let us know if you have any discomfort, okay?”
Mr. Wahn, nods his head and drifts off into a nap.  Kendall continues her route, checking patient’s blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature, making notes in their charts and notifying the doctor for any inconstancies.  After a few hours into her shift, she goes on her lunch and eats her apple.
“I’m so glad that this month, all I have to do is monitor and prepare discharge for patients, last month in the ER was so intense!”
Flashback to a time where she was cleaning up laceration on a grown man’s leg till blood starting squirting out, he became nauseas and ended up throwing up on her.
“May the power of Christ compel you…” goes through her mind.
After her break, she continues her routine for the rest of the evening.  As she logs out of the computer, recording the credits she’s earn for tonight shift, she heads to the locker room, changes into an all-white uniform and makes her way down to the hospital kitchen. There, she grabs her clock-in sheet and begins to work her part time job.  She prepares dinner meals, beverages, and dessert for patients making sure to follow chart orders that may require any special diet or food restrictions.  She looks to see what floors she is schedule to deliver food and takes the elevator and steps out walking while pushing a cart full of food and drinks in and out all the patients rooms.  Once she is completed with dinner service, she heads into the kitchen and goes over the menu with the head chief.
“I was thinking of making cannoli’s tonight for tomorrow night’s dessert, what do you think?” 
Chef nods.
“That sounds great; I can’t wait to try one for myself!  I’m impressed with your baking skills.  Let me know if you need any help, otherwise I’ll begin prepping tomorrow mornings breakfast.”
“Thank you Chef!” Kendall replies and she begins grabbing utensils and mixing bowls.
Later on, she is on the last try of cannoli’s and starts stacking them in the refrigerator. Chef pops his head around the corner.
“Great job getting those done by yourself, you can head home.  Also, we had leftovers from dinner, I made doggie bags, make sure to grab one and thanks again for picking up tomorrow night’s shift as well!”
“No problem! Thank you Chef!  I could use the extra hours. Have a good night and see you tomorrow.”
She stacks up the last of the cannoli’s, grabs a doggie bag, and clocks out and heads to the break room to grab her belongings.  It’s pretty late but for some places the party is just getting started, and she thinks to herself “Perfect timing to meet up with everyone!” and rushes to her dorm.  As she enters, she kicks off her shoes, drops her backpack down by the front door and goes to her bedroom where at the end of the bed is a locked trunk.  She unlocks it and starts going through it.
“Ooooo, what to wear tonight!?”
As she looks trying to decide, she starts eating the leftovers.  After a few minutes, she finally makes a decision.  She pulls out a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, red tank top, fish net off the shoulder crop top, and leather combat boots.  She also grabs a makeup bag and a jewelry box and takes out a spiked choker necklace and safety pin earrings.  She puts on her makeup, foundation and contour, does a bold winged liner and mascara, fire engine red lipstick, and fills in her eyebrows.  Once she get dressed and accessorized, she grabs a leather jacket from her trunk and closes and locks it.  As she makes her way to the front door she takes her out her bun and shakes her long, mocha brown hair and with a smirk on her face says to herself:
“Watch out everyone, Kenny is coming out tonight!”

Figured I still continue working on this story, in hopes it comes together, and its something to do....

Spoiler
Episode 2: Into the Night

It’s late at night and Kenny is strutting down the street to The Rex night club to meet with her friends.  The Rex club is not like any 18+ club/ bar, it has a vintage punk-rock look and feel, where people tend to wear a mix of anything from glam rock to gothic.  It’s just around the corner and you can hear the music thumping, its 90’s alternative rock playing tonight.  She makes her around the corner, excited as 90’s rock music is one of her favorite genre to listen to.  She approaches the Club and greets the bouncer with a simple smile.
“Hey Javier”
“Hey Kenny, figured you be here tonight.  Mia and Mickey got here a bit ago.  Also that quiet guy…” Javier squinting his face and shaking his head.
With a laugh Kenny response “That’s Rodney!  You should know that by now!”
“The guy freaks me out, he never says anything, and has half his face covered with hair!”
“He’s harmless!  I’ll see ya later Javier!” and with one last chuckle she walks into the club.
She walks pass the bar that’s to the right of her, and to the left is the dance floor and stage where the DJ is set up. There’s quite a bit of people on the dance floor, few of them head banging, few girls dancing in a group together, and of course the drunken couple grinding up on each other.  Kenny thinks to herself “get a room” and snickers as she makes it to the seated area.  She spots Mia from behind with her pink hair up in a ponytail wearing and fitted black dress and red converse shoes.  She sneaks up behind, wrap her arms around her shoulders “I made it!!!!”
“Ahh, Kenny!  You scared me!  About time, didn’t think you were gonna make it!  We got a table towards the back, Mickey and Rodney are there.”
They head towards the back and finds Mickey and Rodney sitting there, in silence.  Rodney is into the music, nodding his head to the beat with his eyes closed, his black emo hair swooshing all around in front of his face.  He rarely ever talks, Mia saw him at the club one night, by himself, and decided to invite him to our table.  Mia is very honest girl and when she saw Rodney’s poor dye job on his hair she offered her saloon service to help him out.  Since then he’s become a solid friend, he’s taken Mickey and Mia home numerous time after they’ve partied too hard, and when he does talk, its mainly about music.  Kenny glances over and Mickey, who seems bored, looks like he rather be in bed than here.
“What’s wrong Mickey?” she asks.
Mickey runs his hands through his navy blue hair
“I should be asleep… I have an early day tomorrow.  I took a new client today and we have to go over his meal and workout plan.  But no, my evil twin wouldn’t leave me alone, and you know how she is!”
Mia pops over “I’m not evil!  You made plans to come out tonight!  You can’t bail!”
Mickey trying to keep his cool “I know, but tomorrow morning was the only time I had with this new client, we come here all the time anyways, what’s the big deal missing one night…”
“I’ll tell you the big deal Mickey!  We made plans! End of story!  Stop being lame!  Did you forget your protein shake today?!” Mia says sarcastically as she crosses her arms and turns up her nose.  Mickey starts turning red.
“Notendofstorythatsthestupidestthingiheardihaveworktomorrowandyoualwaysmakeitaboutyourself!!”
As Mickey and Mia start arguing, Kenny turns to Rodney “They are the worst set of twins, only Mia and can get him this angry...  At least it’s entertaining.” Rodney nods in agreement and they both continue to giggle at Mia and Mickey’s bickering.
She takes off her leather jacket and sets it behind the chair.  She starts enjoying the music and starts people watching, this time avoiding the drunken couple on the dance floor.  As she’s glancing around her green eyes catches a guy leaning up against the bar starring at her with a subtle smile on his face, then quickly looks away.  She’s never seen him before, he must be new.  He is dressed very casual for a unusual bar, with blue jeans and a white button up, but a few of the top buttons left unbutton to show a little of his chest, and he has beautiful dark brown eyes and hair.  “He could be a model” she thinks to herself.  “What is he doing here at a place like this, and was he checking me out?”  As she still starring in his general direction, watching from the corner of her eye, he glances at her again with a soft, gentle smile again.  She caught him this time and he turns his head down and laughs a little.  She gets a little bit of butterflies when he stands up straight and starts making his way towards her.  Mia and Mickey are still bickering in the background, and Rodney is still in his own little music world but once they see him approaching Kenny at their table they all unanimously go silent and turn their heads at them.  Kenny sits up straight in her chair, wide eye, wondering what this guy wants.  He extends his hand out and says
“Hi, I’m Ren.”

Yep, still writing this.  Enjoy? 

Spoiler
Episode 3
Ren the “Serial” Killer? ;)

“Hi. I’m Ren.” as he extends his hand out to Kenny.
“Kenny, nice to meet you.” She’s a little hesitant, on guard, not sure what type of guy he is.
“Can I buy you a drink?” He says bashfully, acting a little intimidated.
“I’m not 21 yet” Ren starts turning a red from embarrassment “Sorry… well it was nice to meet you.” As he starts to turn to walk away and return to his spot at the bar, Mia nudges Kenny and whispers in her ear “Dude, he’s hot!  Talk to him!” and pushes Kenny off her chair making her stumble into Ren’s back.
“I’m so sorry, I must have tripped out of my chair… um, how about a soda, I’m thirsty anyways.” She says to Ren and takes his arm to head towards the bar, not before shooting a quick death glare to Mia.  Mia happily stands there wavy goodbye.  She and Ren get to the bar, and he orders 2 sodas.  “You don’t have to get one because of me.”
Ren grabs both drinks, handing one to her. “No its okay, I just turned 21 myself, I’m not a big drinker.” And take a sip
Kenny is intrigued by this guy.  She wants to know a little about him.  She’s not one to be rude to someone new, and he doesn’t seem to be a serial killer either.  Not yet anyways. “So, where are your friends at?”
Ren leans up on the bar “To be honest I don’t really have any, I go to school full time and currently interning at the hospital, and I do volunteer work when I’m not studying.  This is my first night out in a long time… I was out for a walk and heard the music, so I thought I check it out, I’m more of a classic rock type guy, but I had my grunge phase.”  She’s impressed.  Also, he’s interning at the hospital, she wonders if it’s at the same one she’s interning at.
“Wow, that’s impressive, I can tell you’ve never been here” gesturing at his attire.  “What do you do at the hospital?”
 “Oh, I’m in the surgical center.  I have about 2 years left in my acceleration program.”
Her eyes grow wide. “Wow, you’re enrolled for the acceleration program, not a lot of students make it into that program in college! No wonder I don’t see you around, those must be crazy hours at the hospital, and on top of that lectures and homework!”
“Thank you!  You seem you know a lot!  May I ask what you do?”
She stares blankly at Ren.  She doesn’t want to indulge into her complicated personal life with someone she just met.  Thinking fast to respond with a generic answer the DJ announces “LAST CALL!”  Phew, saved by the… yell. 
“Sorry Ren, that’s my Que.  It was nice meeting!”  As she steps away from him to head back to her table to see off her friends, Ren comes to her side.
“Can I walk you home it’s late!”
She’s a little saddened when he mentioned he had no friends, and given how busy his schedule is it makes sense.  So why not invite him. “Ren, I haven’t determined if you’re a serial killer yet,” she smirks, “but if you have any free on Saturday, come hang with us here, they have a band playing that night.”  Ren looks at her taresen (blue in shock), thinking to himself “She thinks I could be a serial killer.”
“You seem like a nice guy, odd, but nice.  Hope to see you Saturday, goodnight!”
And with that she follows Mia, Mickey, and Rodney as they make their way to the door.
Ren standing near the table they were sitting, rubs the back of his neck.  Proud to have some courage to speak to a girl he notices her leather jacket on the chair.  He grabs it and dashes out the front door of the club.  Looking around outside, he doesn’t see Kenny or her friends anywhere.  “Till we meet again, Kenny.”
Kenny gets back to her dorm room.  She takes her shoes off, grabs them and heads towards her bedroom.  She grabs her PJ’s, a gray blank t-shirt with cotton shorts, from her dresser and changes out of her ripped black jeans, red tank with fish net crop top, and jewelry, folds them nicely and puts it away in her trunk at the end of the bed, locks it and places the key under the mattress.  She plops on the bed and gets under her white with delicate flower pattern blanket, and looks at her alarm clock. “I have to be up in 3 hours for class.  Good thing I completed my homework assignments earlier this week.  And then meet with my parents for lunch before I head to the hospital...” She rubs the front of her head getting a headache.  She creates a mental checklist for meeting with her parents tomorrow.  Ironed collard blouse, no pattern, no outrageous color, absolutely no wrinkles, can’t be tight, and not baggy, maybe black but that might be too dark.  Also, need to wear skirt just pass the knees, no wrinkles, maybe navy blue, and pair with the white button up.  She takes a pause from her mental check list. “Ren was wearing a white button up tonight.  Wait why am I thinking about him?!  Ugh, just admit to yourself, he’s hot, liked your look, and wanted to buy you a drink.”  She turns into an 11 year old, giggling school.  “Snap out of it, I doubt he’ll make it Saturday with his schedule, plus, I just met the guy!  I wonder if he attends the same college I do… I’m thinking about him again…” As she rolls over to her side, she manages to clear her mind, takes a few deep breathes, and drifts off into dream land.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:04:09 PM by Rustee »
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: Split Personalities ( POLL )
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:48:40 AM »
Uh, does this story have anything to do with actual dissociative identity disorder (split personality)? From your summary and story snippet it does not appear so. Please refrain from using disorders without doing research first. I know someone (a family member) with D.I.D. and it is nothing to be associated with simple lifestyle/hobby desires. D.I.D. stems from intense childhood trauma and changes between alters are (normally) involuntary and random (and there's usually more than a single alter).

Alternatively you can go the route of having a secret identity or make it supernatural with actually two souls.

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
Re: Split Personalities ( POLL )
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:12:14 AM »
Uh, does this story have anything to do with actual dissociative identity disorder (split personality)? From your summary and story snippet it does not appear so. Please refrain from using disorders without doing research first. I know someone (a family member) with D.I.D. and it is nothing to be associated with simple lifestyle/hobby desires. D.I.D. stems from intense childhood trauma and changes between alters are (normally) involuntary and random (and there's usually more than a single alter).

Alternatively you can go the route of having a secret identity or make it supernatural with actually two souls.

i'm sure she ment no harm by it^^

still Robin is right about the title being misleading

but its also very vague  ^^

perhaps another title might help distinguish it a bit better and give a firmer grasp on the story itself^^

judging from the premise it seems shes the same person but changes her personality to suit her "Audience"

apologize in advance, if your eyes roll

this type of thing is out of my element^^

Musical Mask
-to imply the Musical arts and the mask being who she hides from both her fans and family

The String Between the Soul
-to use your two souls idea, how the passion of Music splits the MC from who she is and who she must appear to be

all I could think of at the moment
hopefully it helped^^

p.s If not i voted for Alter Ego on the poll as it was the closest i could find^^
-Action
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:14:06 AM by Action Animation »

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Alter Ego ( POLL )
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »
I would like to apologize, especially to you Robin Ryuu, I should have know better than to go with that title, and honesty meant no harm. This story, odd enough, takes a little inspiration from jekyll and hyde but instead of good and evil personalities, I wanted a more relate-able struggle, like what Action Animation said, to suit her audience.  As the story goes on, its suppose to get deeper.  Unfortunately, I lack common sense and creative writing.  But regardless, this is no excuse, I am very ashamed, and sorry again.  I will learn from this and appreciate your comments.  I just wanted to share a story that maybe some people can relate too and I'm thinking about deleting this (just need to figure that out).

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »
I would like to apologize, especially to you Robin Ryuu, I should have know better than to go with that title, and honesty meant no harm. This story, odd enough, takes a little inspiration from jekyll and hyde but instead of good and evil personalities, I wanted a more relate-able struggle, like what Action Animation said, to suit her audience.  As the story goes on, its suppose to get deeper.  Unfortunately, I lack common sense and creative writing.  But regardless, this is no excuse, I am very ashamed, and sorry again.  I will learn from this and appreciate your comments.  I just wanted to share a story that maybe some people can relate too and I'm thinking about deleting this (just need to figure that out).

Mistakes are proof your trying ^^ dont be ashamed and walk away^^ for what was learned?^^

Instead do as you say and continue on ^^

Robin only brought it to your attention, she was neither angry or upset with you^^

She just offered feedback of anothers perspective^^

Not like you intended for it to be taken that way

so No harm no foul^^

Anyway the idea still shows promise if you care to persue it ^^

If the names i or others did not fit and your u sure of what to call your story you could just name it

Title pending

Lot of us do it until we hear the perfect words that suit our story^^

So again dont worry about it^^
-Action

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
As random other ideas, "Hidden Soul", "Masked", "Double Life", "Secret Life", "Half - something", "Double - something", "Double Half" (because why not) , "Twin - something"
But if there's nothing fantasy going on with actual different souls/people in the body (or actual disorders as stated previously), if it's just the person hiding their true self (ie secret identity as Robin says), then yeah try and avoid titles which may mislead.
Try a thesaurus on all the words that come to mind.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Lifestyle Dream? Working Title (Updated Story and Poll)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions everyone, that was very kind of you and inspired me.

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »
Added the next episode.  Still struggling with the title. 

Also, I feel like there's not much activity going on these days on the manga site, or is it just me?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
You've picked up on the ebb and flow of the school year with that observation Rustee. This being towards the end of the school year, a lot of the membership is busy with that. Since it's spring as well, people will put off spending time on the internet in order go outside and what not.

Give it a couple weeks, is all I'm saying. MR has been following this activity graph for nearly 12 years now. Nothing to be worried about.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
yeah, I've been doing decorating and spring cleaning, gardening and whatnot as the weather gets better. It'll always have busy times and quiet times, don't worry :P
I'm not a very good reader but I'll try and give you feedback sometime!!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »
Oh gotcha, that makes sense with the school year and such.  Seems quiet right now so I got curious, thanks for clarifying :).